Vittoria Graphene 2.0

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

I am a long time user of the original G+ tires and when I got the 2.0's, I deifnitely noticed that they were a touch more difficult to install. I was still able to do it without tools or levers, but it definitely took a little more hand strength. Once mounted, pumped and ridden, they've been easy to swap on and off. Mounting difficulty is definitely effected by the wheel choice.

Pierre86

by Pierre86

Is anyone using these in a 25mm on a Belgium+ rim?
What size do they measure up as?
S6 Evo
S5 Aero

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

yinya

by yinya

Can anyone advise on the 2.0 family - the Corsa TLR, Corsa Control TLR and Rubino Pro TLR? It’s competitive group rides, hilly rides with plenty of short & steep up and downs and curves, mostly in the dry, longevity is not a concern, sidewall/puncture protection is somewhat of a concern (most punctures are from truck tyre aramid pieces that tubeless plugs), and I do like a plush ride.

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

yinya wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:54 pm
Can anyone advise on the 2.0 family - the Corsa TLR, Corsa Control TLR and Rubino Pro TLR? It’s competitive group rides, hilly rides with plenty of short & steep up and downs and curves, mostly in the dry, longevity is not a concern, sidewall/puncture protection is somewhat of a concern (most punctures are from truck tyre aramid pieces that tubeless plugs), and I do like a plush ride.
My vote would be for Controls with the things you listed.
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault

zefs

by zefs

I'd say Corsa instead since Control is more of a winter tire.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

zefs wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:09 am

The only differences between the Corsa and Corsa Control is about .4mm more tread, the herringbone pattern and the addition of a 30mm option. They both use the same casing construction, reinforcement and "4C" compound.

Thias

by Thias

First 100kms with the corsa's graphene 2.0 and despite a lot of friends told me not to buy those tires, I must say I'm pretty satisfied so far. They're comfortable, the grip is good. I must admit that the gp5000's feel "faster" though but it is hard to be sure of that.

zefs

by zefs

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:38 am
zefs wrote:

The only differences between the Corsa and Corsa Control is about .4mm more tread, the herringbone pattern and the addition of a 30mm option. They both use the same casing construction, reinforcement and "4C" compound.
If the pattern adds any durability as stated maybe it would be a better choice for him, but I doubt it offers anything if you hit something that would cause a sidewall puncture not sure how the pattern would help. Maybe it's there for the improved wet/cobbles cornering grip.

"This chevron tread pattern adds dynamic performance to the Corsa Control tread, allowing for increased grip on slippery surfaces, as well as added durability."

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

TobinHatesYou wrote:
zefs wrote:

Hmmmm 28mm control 2.0 tubulars might be needed when I wear the Corsa 1.0 out on my C60s

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk

Thias

by Thias

After my second ride and 180 kms total, I got my first puncture. I'm not sure that the blame is on the tire. Innertubes were Conti extra lights and as all "light" innertubes, they're not really puncture resistant. So I'd say it's probably 50/50.
Now the rear innertube is a regular Michelin 18-25, I'll see how it works.

Thias

by Thias

In case I'd get another puncture pretty quickly, I guess I'd just put the conti GP5000 back on my wheels.

rwanou

by rwanou

I just mounted my Corsa Control TLR in 28 this weekend and went for 100km ride. And they grip, really hard, you feel safe, that's great. But that is at the (huge) cost of speed. They felt sluggish, I couldn't believe it.

Mounting Tubeless on the front wheel went smooth, using a Milkit booster I smartly ordered along the tires. The back wheel was another story. I struggled like crazy, with soppy water and all, some parts wouldn't sit in the bed. I ended up using a tire leaver and to pull and "help" the beads to stick to the rim. It cost me one of the leavers which snapped under the effort. Nevertheless, I finally got them in place. I then realized that the front wheel was flat (after all this time taking care of rear). I re-pumped and soapy water revealed leaks though all the circumference of the wheel. I spent another hour taking them off and on again with only similar result. My kids crying for food brought me back to this planet and I decided that the sealant would take care of it. Which it did.

Next morning, I was relieved to find wheels fully inflated and urging to hit the road. And during the first 50km of my rides, I really felt them being slow. It's all perception, so I'm sure I exaggerated the feeling, but I almost cut down my ride to go back home and fit the old tires. Second 50km reduced a bit the feeling, and I tried to focus on the neat grip and great safety feelings they provide. Belgian roads are a real mix of good asphalt on some dedicated lanes, and really crappy roads, sometimes pure concrete on random roads. I wanted a safe tire before autumn and winter to come, on that aspect, they achieve the goal.

My previous tires are Mavic Yksion Pro UST which came fitted on the Mavic wheels. After over 2000km, they are still OK, but they look like each minor stone leaves a scar on them. That's why I wanted to prevently replace them (and the fact that I'm a spoiled brat). And a visit to CRR actually proves that my original Mavic have a very low RR, which corroborates my findings. And they were a pleasure to mount tubeless as well (never needed a compressor). And to be fair, they may look fragile, but I only had 2 punctures (while still riding tubed during the first month), and and huge nail recently that would of sealed if I only had renewed the "milk" more regularly.

So to summarize, I was hopping for tire nirvana, and was very disappointed, at first. Is spent lots of time fitting them, but I guess I should be less perfectionist. They felt slow, but I am comparing a slick tire to a winter sculptured one. The truth is that they grip hard, and I will be happy to sacrifice a few watts the next coming months when I'll be attacking some wet cobbles. They look solid, feel pro, and I still need to play with pressure to find the comfort sweet spot.

The question is whether Vittoria will release a 28 Corsa Speed, in which case my commuter will upgrade with its friend's winter tires next summer.
Canyon Endurace CF SL Disc 8.0 SL / Triban RC 520

jlok

by jlok

I mounted the Corsa TLR 25c and Rubino Pro TLR 28c on the Racing Zero Carbon DB. It took much more effort to mount than Fusion 5 Galactik 11stomr 25c. Booster was used to seat the beads. It refused to seat without soapy water. Also, I needed tire jack to push the 2nd bead into the rim.

Regarding the Corsa TLR, are the sidewalls painted? My fingers got stained after soapy water had been applied. Never happened with other tires.
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

rwanou

by rwanou

jlok wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:53 am
My fingers got stained after soapy water had been applied. Never happened with other tires.
Same here, I still have stains on my hands 4 days after mounting them. My wife refuses any physical contact since. People must be warned.
Canyon Endurace CF SL Disc 8.0 SL / Triban RC 520

moyboy

by moyboy

Dye from the sidewalls?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com