Bryton 410 vs Garmin Edge 130?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

robertbb

by robertbb

TSS/IF/NP are missing from the 130
Not sure if it does 3s power and power zone?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

alcatraz

by alcatraz

I'm on edge 130 and it does 3s power. Very happy with it, mostly because I'm a weightweenie. This thing weighs nothing and has a small frontal area should you decide to put it on your stem for example. The display readability is top because of the very sharp contrast.

The only thing I miss from my Edge 520 are the two data fields and a percentage battery indicator. On the 130 i got 8 data fields and the battery indicator shows 5 bars instead of a percentage. Issues I could easily live with. Not worth hauling twice the size and weight device for.

The avg power displayed does seem a bit low compared to the edge 520. Don't know why. I have auto-pause on on both.

robertbb

by robertbb

alcatraz wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:37 am
I'm on edge 130 and it does 3s power. Very happy with it, mostly because I'm a weightweenie. This thing weighs nothing and has a small frontal area should you decide to put it on your stem for example. The display readability is top because of the very sharp contrast.

The only thing I miss from my Edge 520 are the two data fields and a percentage battery indicator. On the 130 i got 8 data fields and the battery indicator shows 5 bars instead of a percentage. Issues I could easily live with. Not worth hauling twice the size and weight device for.

The avg power displayed does seem a bit low compared to the edge 520. Don't know why. I have auto-pause on on both.
Do you use a platform like Garmin Connect, WKO or similar? If so, I’m wondering if those will calculate a TSS/IF/NP based on the straight power data recorded by the 130.

alcatraz

by alcatraz

What's TSS/IF/NP?

I don't see any difference in Garmin Connect when I look at the graphs and compare 130 with 520. I'm not sure I get what you mean though.

tarmackev

by tarmackev

I lost my Edge 520 and purchased Bryton 410 to replace it (since found the Edge).
The Bryton felt like it had less glitches then the Garmin, it was also significantly larger.
I like both but if I were buying again I'd save money and get the Bryton.

jfranci3

by jfranci3

I didn't have a problem using the 130 with a PM. My only complaints were the battery life isn't up to advertisements and the button sequence to end a ride is silly. Otherwise, the 130 just lacks the screen space to put all the PM/speed/cadence/ride time, etc numbers you want at once.

flying

by flying

tarmackev wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:24 pm
I lost my Edge 520 and purchased Bryton 410 to replace it (since found the Edge).
The Bryton felt like it had less glitches then the Garmin, it was also significantly larger.
I like both but if I were buying again I'd save money and get the Bryton.

Yes I have to agree that the Bryton is a really good deal & very stable/acurate. Great screen size
Plus the battery life is insane

Also having 2 Lap data pages (aside from the regular 5 data pages)
is nice when you want to isolate a section whether it be a strava section or just a certain climb etc & have a screen customized
data wise just for that section to check etc

Yes overall & for the price? More than happy