Cannondale caad 4

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

themidge

by themidge

I'd be very surprised if you could find any decent all-yellow tyres. To be honest that's probably a good thing though, go with all-black or gumwall to let the frame shine by itself.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

JerryLook

by JerryLook

Veloflex makes yellow tires but I’m not sure they make a 25mm in yellow. I believe it’s in the master or Corsa line up.

But I agree with the midge, I would just get black tires
2010 Orbea Opal 54cm
5.97kg

LouisN

by LouisN

I built a CAAD4 at 7.5 kg (size 52) for my wife a few years ago. Groupset was Ultegra 6600.
The frame was light, with no fork. I put a very light 1'' Time fork on it, and 1300 g alloy clincher wheels.

So if you want to get the bike to 7 kg with Ultegra (6800 or 8000), you'll have to get some pretty light wheels, and go for lighter fork, maybe crankset, brakes, and small parts ( seatpost-stem-handlebar-saddle-quick release levers).

BTW, send us pictures of your bike, and parts list :) .

Louis :)

Fubar

by Fubar

Would it be a better bike to restore then a eddy merckx sc? Scandium farm frites... also a cool one. Can buy one. Not really cheap. Is it a better bike in quality then the caad 4?

ToughInTheStreets

by ToughInTheStreets

themidge wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:41 pm
Any Saeco Caad4 is worth a rebuild, those frames are iconic :thumbup:
What this guy said :smartass: :thumbup: . Always loved those.

Post some pictures and lets see what you're working with.
Fubar wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:48 pm
eddy merckx sc
Those are cool, too.

Fubar

by Fubar

Will make some pics. But the eddy merckx sc is not the better bike of the two?

posaunemeister

by posaunemeister

Fubar wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:39 am
No one?
I'm not sure of any that would give you a nice ride quality. Mostly just cheap stuff with low TPI count. I'd go with black or black with yellow or red center tread strip.
"When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people." - Abraham Joshua Heschel

kgt

by kgt

Fubar wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:13 am
Will make some pics. But the eddy merckx sc is not the better bike of the two?
It depends on what you mean by better. My guess is that CAAD will be stiffer but SC more comfortable and a nicer ride overall.

ToughInTheStreets

by ToughInTheStreets

posaunemeister wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:34 am
Fubar wrote:
No one?
I'm not sure of any that would give you a nice ride quality. Mostly just cheap stuff with low TPI count. I'd go with black or black with yellow or red center tread strip.
I know you can get vittoria rubino's with a yellow strip on the sidewall, but I don't how good they are or how they actually look.

posaunemeister

by posaunemeister

ToughInTheStreets wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:05 pm
posaunemeister wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:34 am
Fubar wrote:
No one?
I know you can get vittoria rubino's with a yellow strip on the sidewall, but I don't how good they are or how they actually look.
I remember CST Ultraspeeds being phenomenal in grip, comfort, and rolling resistance, even for a 23mm. I don't think they make them any longer, but you can still find some for sale online.
"When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people." - Abraham Joshua Heschel

Fubar

by Fubar

Thanks! So the sc eddy will be better overall? I like em both! Dont know what to do. Keep the caad 4. Of course...