Camera Mounts and Assorted 3D Printed Parts

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

WheresWaldo

by WheresWaldo

New mount for new Giant Propel bikes (not the Advanced) that use the Vector seat post. Here is a Garmin Varia mount, http://shpws.me/RnEp

@jfranci3, I haven't forgotten about you, this is still in my todo list, just not at the very top.

by Weenie

TurboTommy

by TurboTommy

Hi

Do you have a mount that’s compatible with the THM tibia stem?

WheresWaldo

by WheresWaldo

@TurboTommy, no I don't, I usually stay away from stem mounts since I don't believe 3D printed nylon is an appropriate technology for that use.

AndreLM

by AndreLM

@WheresWaldo the Tibia stem can use the Barfly mount (the one that attaches to the faceplate)

Enviado de meu SM-G950F usando o Tapatalk

WheresWaldo

by WheresWaldo

Does the THM Tibia come with the Barfly hardware, or is it just compatible?
If no hardware is included you still have to buy a BarFly.

WheresWaldo

by WheresWaldo

duplicate post

TurboTommy

by TurboTommy

WheresWaldo wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:43 am
Does the THM Tibia come with the Barfly hardware, or is it just compatible?
If no hardware is included you still have to buy a BarFly.
Thanks for getting back to me.

From my understanding THM list it as being compatible but barfly don’t. And no hardware is included with the stem. From pictures I’ve seen it looks like it functions ok. But the barfly mount looks like it’s designed for larger computers so leaves a large gap between computer and front of stem which I don’t like.

WheresWaldo

by WheresWaldo

I already have a couple of barfly compatible mounts on my pages, but like I said, they don't include hardware, and no means to do so.

If you are looking for something special, you will need to let me know.

TurboTommy

by TurboTommy

Thanks WW I see what you’re saying. I didn’t really understand how the barfly mount works to be honest. But now I see it relies on a small plate being bolted through the gap in the faceplate. I see what you’re saying about you not being able to supply that part.

The issue with the thm stem is obviously that the bolts that fix the plate to stem are not pointing straight forward. And that seems to be compounded by the fact that the bolts are attached to the stem rather than being screwed into the stem. So the reverse of the normal system.

Buying the barfly just for the hardware seems annoying to me. I’m hoping I can find a better solution. Thanks for your help. Your mounts look great for what it’s worth.

WheresWaldo

by WheresWaldo

@TurboTommy, I have never been able to figure out the source of the BarFly hardware, so I believe it is proprietary. If I could find a source online, I would simply link to it on my store pages. The typical buyer of my BarFly compatible mounts are people who already own a BarFly and change their primary cyclocomputer. As you can imagine I don't sell very many (maybe 5 or so in the last year).

jmh

by jmh

Hi Waldo,

Can you put together an intergrated Garmin Mount with a Bontrager ION 200 light? Something like a combination of this

and this.

I'd like to eliminate the bolt connecting the two of them together.

WIth the tab of the ION mount on the nondrive side as the light is facing forward and the face of the light mount perpendicular to the garmin mount.

WheresWaldo

by WheresWaldo

Yeah that is something I can do.

Is there any need to angle the ION mount or can it be parallel to the Garmin?

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

TurboTommy wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:54 pm
Thanks WW I see what you’re saying. I didn’t really understand how the barfly mount works to be honest. But now I see it relies on a small plate being bolted through the gap in the faceplate. I see what you’re saying about you not being able to supply that part.

The issue with the thm stem is obviously that the bolts that fix the plate to stem are not pointing straight forward. And that seems to be compounded by the fact that the bolts are attached to the stem rather than being screwed into the stem. So the reverse of the normal system.

Buying the barfly just for the hardware seems annoying to me. I’m hoping I can find a better solution. Thanks for your help. Your mounts look great for what it’s worth.
Tommy, the barfly direct mount solution only works with the Fizik stem or certain 3T stems. You can see it pretty good here in this pic I took. Those stems have a slot in the middle of the faceplate.

jmh

by jmh

WheresWaldo wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:30 am
Yeah that is something I can do.

Is there any need to angle the ION mount or can it be parallel to the Garmin?
I'd like the front face of the ION mount perpendicular to the Garmin mount surface.

kode54

by kode54

The THM says on their installation guide that the Barfly works in a similar fashion. It uses this same mount.
CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:13 pm
TurboTommy wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:54 pm

Tommy, the barfly direct mount solution only works with the Fizik stem or certain 3T stems. You can see it pretty good here in this pic I took. Those stems have a slot in the middle of the faceplate.

- Factor 02 VAM Disc + DA9170 + Enve 4.5AR CK CL hubs
- Moots Vamoots Disc RSL Titanium + DA9170 + Enve 3.4AR CK CL hubs
- Factor LS Disc + DA9170 + Enve G23 CK CL hubs
- Allied Able + DA9170 + Enve G27 CK CL hubs --> outgoing

by Weenie