Standert Kreissäge 2nd Cut Custom

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Kesselflicker

by Kesselflicker

hello guys,

I rode the Kreissäge altogether 300 km in the flat and hilly terrain. I have ridden many "toplevel" alloy frames, and I can say that the Kreissäge is one of the best in riding agile, it is stiff enough for me (~ 4.8 W / kg, Roleur i am a very bad sprinter: - () And it's not uncomfortable, steerer tube stiff, good braking thanks to direct mount, classic-modern look, is well made, the weight is not noticeable, but could be like 300-500g lighter for the head, so I have to lose weight myself, who wants to have a light frame will anyway buy carbon.If the Allez Sprint is too uncomfortable the CAAD too common, I can recommend the Kreissäge :smartass:
Last edited by Kesselflicker on Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kesselflicker

by Kesselflicker

romanmoser wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:55 am
sorry for posting on your bike intro
if needed I'll post elsewhere

it's an enve , because with zipp it's the only stem in 140mm length and -12°
At least that I know off
:noidea:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ultyguy

by ultyguy

Interesting! I’ve also been looking at this and a Palace:R. I’m also an aluminum lover and currently have a caad12 with a huge dent in the top tube which is pretty much finished and also an Allez Sprint (rim) which I find fine for comfort (did the Mallorca 225 on it) and absolutely love the handling of it and also use it for short races (less than 100km and 1500m climbing). I have it built with R8000 and a Cannondale srm so not really light at all, maybe 8.5kg depending on wheels. I guess comfort is also found in that it has huge clearances and can even fit a 30mm wide clincher.

Do you specifically rate either the Bowman or the Standert much better? I’m 75kg rouleurish but can still climb ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kesselflicker

by Kesselflicker

ultyguy wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:10 pm
Interesting! I’ve also been looking at this and a Palace:R. I’m also an aluminum lover and currently have a caad12 with a huge dent in the top tube which is pretty much finished and also an Allez Sprint (rim) which I find fine for comfort (did the Mallorca 225 on it) and absolutely love the handling of it and also use it for short races (less than 100km and 1500m climbing). I have it built with R8000 and a Cannondale srm so not really light at all, maybe 8.5kg depending on wheels. I guess comfort is also found in that it has huge clearances and can even fit a 30mm wide clincher.

Do you specifically rate either the Bowman or the Standert much better? I’m 75kg rouleurish but can still climb ok.
A very good question that I have already asked myself. Unfortunately, I can no longer directly compare both frames with each other. I had sold the Bowman framekit by now.
From the memory I can say that the Bowamn as well as the Kreissäge are comparably comfortable, the Palace is still a level agile (shorter seat stays, smaller wheelbase) and much lighter.

If you compare the pure numbers with each other, I would tend to Bowman. it's cheaper, it's lighter, bsa bottom bracket standard,

from my point of view speak for the Kreissäge: less slooping (classic-modern look), painting, direct mount brakes,

both frame themselves well done by Bowman and Standert were equally good. I think you do not make any mistake with both, with both you can ride longer distances without problems, if you ride crit racing I would take the Palace R because of the price (crashes) and the shorter wheelbase, money does not matter and you like the optics then the Kreissäge or just both :-)

Nice Sprint :thumbup:

LloydP

by LloydP

These Standerts look really good. I’m more tempted every time I see another one...
What’s the tire clearance like?

Kesselflicker

by Kesselflicker

I have ordered a "Hunt Sprint Aero Wide" alloy wheelset. The wheels are inside 19 mm wide, let's see what tire width I get through the frame.
At the moment, the 25 mm wide Veloflex Master on DT Swiss RR21 with 17 mm inner width do not cause any problems.
Standert itself gives a tire release of 700x25C (rimbreak) for the disc frameset clearence about 700x28c

Kesselflicker

by Kesselflicker

So the wheels have arrived, I had mounted Contineal Grand Prix 4000ii with 23 mm wide. The tires are a bit wider, but forgot to measure how wide the tires are on the wheels. Rear could be mounted wider tires, front I can not imagine that the tires may be wider than 25 mm. Soon I measure the width of the tires and indicate the air pressure.
3DAD7ECF-6816-40DE-8611-4EBCDAA8FA7F.jpeg
7C2B1BF3-3C8D-4404-AF5F-4DAD6568A43D.jpeg
165B46E5-CF73-4C23-920C-DA71185D0BEF.jpeg
In addition, I drive now with a mechanical Dura Ace 9100, 9100 brakes I'm still looking for :-)

Fork cut :) and change handlebartape

Jackal008

by Jackal008

Kesselflicker wrote:So the wheels have arrived, I had mounted Contineal Grand Prix 4000ii with 23 mm wide. The tires are a bit wider, but forgot to measure how wide the tires are on the wheels. Rear could be mounted wider tires, front I can not imagine that the tires may be wider than 25 mm. Soon I measure the width of the tires and indicate the air pressure.
3DAD7ECF-6816-40DE-8611-4EBCDAA8FA7F.jpeg
7C2B1BF3-3C8D-4404-AF5F-4DAD6568A43D.jpeg
165B46E5-CF73-4C23-920C-DA71185D0BEF.jpeg
In addition, I drive now with a mechanical Dura Ace 9100, 9100 brakes I'm still looking for :-)

Fork cut :) and change handlebartape
Keen to know the actual measures. I am hoping the front can fit slightly bigger than 25mm, like 25mm Conti GP 4000s on 19mm internal rims....hoping.

Kesselflicker

by Kesselflicker

Keen to know the actual measures. I am hoping the front can fit slightly bigger than 25mm, like 25mm Conti GP 4000s on 19mm internal rims....hoping.

That's fine, today I've tested my carbon wheelset with Continental Grand Prix 5000 Tubeless (25 mm). The tires I ride classically with hose, tubeless does not convince me.

The rims are inside 18.75 mm wide, the fronttire are 27.33 mm wide at 6.5 bar pressure and fit through the fork. The tires should not be much wider.

Unfortunately, I did not take any pictures. As far as I know, the Continental Grand Prix 4000II is a bit wider than the newer 5000 model.

tourniquet

by tourniquet

There will be in update to the rim edition, similar to the Kreissäge RS (new cable routing + new finish). But additionally, they change the limiting factor for tire clearance, the fork (source: comments from Standert employees in their webshop comment section).

So I assume in autumn we will have nicer finishes and 28C tire clearance. Guess I'll get it then, even though the Bowman is much lighter.

deano802

by deano802

Any updates from anyone? I am seriously considering getting rid of my high end carbon bike and just having one of these in rim with some nice light carbon rims, less maintenance, less worry, more fun! I ride 60-100km each weekend mostly flat and rolling hills, road surface is generally poor, I just want to go out and enjoy the ride rather than worry about where I rest my bike on the wall at the café or if I have scratched the paintwork etc etc. What do you guys think?

corky

by corky

deano802 wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:30 am
Any updates from anyone? I am seriously considering getting rid of my high end carbon bike and just having one of these in rim with some nice light carbon rims, less maintenance, less worry, more fun! I ride 60-100km each weekend mostly flat and rolling hills, road surface is generally poor, I just want to go out and enjoy the ride rather than worry about where I rest my bike on the wall at the café or if I have scratched the paintwork etc etc. What do you guys think?
You can do that with your current ride..... it's just a state of mind........ and whenever you change a bike, you lose money.

deano802

by deano802

corky wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:45 pm
deano802 wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:30 am
You can do that with your current ride..... it's just a state of mind........ and whenever you change a bike, you lose money.
True, just not loving my ride at the moment, and just have an itch that need to be sctratched!