Kesselflicker

by Kesselflicker

Standert Kreissäge 2nd Cut 56

Pro Vibe Carbon Bar (round) 40 cm
Pro Vibe Stem 130 mm
Pro Vibe Alloy Seatpost
Pro Stealth 142 Saddle
Dura Ace 9000 Groupset (9100 FD)
Dura Ace 9000 Direct Mount Brakes (SwissStop Black Prince)
Power2Max NGeco BCD 110 Powermeter
Rotor NoQ Chainrings 53/38
Rotor 3D Crankarms
Cbear BB
Dura Ace 9000 Sprocket 11/25
30 mm Carbon Custom Tubulars
Continental Competition 25 mm Tires
Jagwire Cables
NoName Bartape
Dura Ace 9000 Pedals

Weight 7,5 kg
standert1.JPG
standert2.jpg

wolfesquire

by wolfesquire

Finally someone posts one of these! I really love the look of these bikes and really tempted to pull the trigger on a frameset. Have you ridden yours yet? What did you previously ride?

by Weenie

Kesselflicker

by Kesselflicker

Hi, I ordered the frame set relatively spontaneously because I like it very much and I love to ride aluminum frames.

Currently I have other bikes in my possession which I drive a lot: Canyon Aeroad Disc, Canyon Aeroad Rim Brake, Specialized Allez Sprint Disc, Specialized Allez Sprint Rim Brake and a Canyon Ultimate AL SLX. The Allez Sprints I drive mostly in the race, carbon frames are now too expensive for me after a few heavy falls to use this in the race.

In the past, I also had a Bowman Palace R :, Cannondale CAAD12 and Canyon Ultimate CF SLX / SL, Genesis Volare 931 under my rear. I found all the wheels to be very good, from the CAAD12 I was kind of disappointed. I have promised myself much more from the CAAD, it can not do anything better in my opinion, such as Canyon Ultimate AL SLX, Bowman Palace also can. The only advantage of the CAAD is in my eyes the beautiful classic frame shape. The necessary seat post diameter and the BB30a bottom bracket had cost me a lot of nerves.

The Standert Kreissäge I was twice relaxed in training over a total of 170 km driven. It is manoeuvrable and a lot of fun to drive. It is sufficiently stiff without being uncomfortable. In comparison, an Allez Sprint feels like riding on a steel girder. Feels like the Allez Sprint stiffer, but it can also be that it only feels stiffer because the ride is hard and uncomfortable. Nevertheless, the Allez Sprint is a great bike and I enjoy it a lot. It's just uncompromising.

Technical advantage of the Kreissäge are the Direct Mount brakes, as well as on the Aeroad, the braking force in my opinion with Direct Mount brakes just a step better.
The steering head is already a monster, I suspect that there will be no problems in descents and fast corners :-)
With the T47 bottom bracket standard you can block pretty much any crankset. Personally, I would not have needed it. To be able to build a light bike from the Kreissäge must reach deep into the bag of tricks. The frame set weighs with fork (unabridged), bottom bracket T47, headset just a littele over 2 kg.

A Canyon Ultimate AL SLX (last year's model) frame set, complete with Shimano Pressfit bottom bracket, headset, and all small parts weighs 1700g

After a few thousand kilometers, I can certainly report more about the Kreissäge, especially since I drove the first few miles only flat. I'm curious how it feels when climbing. Recently, I've just installed a couple of training wheels (DTSwiss RR21) with latex tubes and Veloflex Master.

What the Kreissäge has already earned is better photos. I will catch up as soon as possible.

After 170 km I can already say that I would rather drive on it than on a CAAd12

greetings
Last edited by Kesselflicker on Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Maximilian

by Maximilian

Nice frame and I must say that I'm tempted by one to replace my 11 year old CAAD9. I must say that I'm surprised by the weight, heavier that I'd have expected. What was the frame weight?

Maximilian

by Maximilian

Nice frame and I must say that I'm tempted by one to replace my 11 year old CAAD9. I'm surprised by the weight, heavier that I'd have expected. What was the frame weight?

Kesselflicker

by Kesselflicker

Hi Maximilian,

I'm sorry, I weighed only the frame set without stem.
As it can be seen on the first picture.

But do not forget that the T47 bottom bracket is not light. The bottom bracket alone weighs 100 g

Overall, it weighs 7.5 kg including two 5 Euro aluminum bottle holder.
With a lighter seatpost, lighter bottle holder and quick release and saddle you should be able to create 7.15 kg.
A lighter power meter / crankset could also bring 50-100g less weight.

wolfesquire

by wolfesquire

Thank you so much for the response! I currently have a CAAD12 so I am very glad you compared it to that bike haha

Also, I am 100kg so I am not loking for a 5kg bike to be under me. Would much prefer a comfortable and stiff ride for sprinting.

flying

by flying

Very nice :thumbup:

I have read here some say you cannot get rear wheel into frame without spreading rear triangle..
May I ask if that has that been your experience too?

Kesselflicker

by Kesselflicker

hi, I can out and install the rear and front wheel as normal as on any other bike too. Paint and workmanship are good

flying

by flying

Kesselflicker wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:48 am
hi, I can out and install the rear and front wheel as normal as on any other bike too. Paint and workmanship are good
Thank You & Good to hear that :thumbup:

romanmoser

by romanmoser

I love the standert kreissage 2nd cut
and their xcr cx gravel too

I'll probably end up with one rim frameset in black grey
They yellow white is meuh
The team has a big team on the fork I'm not sure about

A friend of mine has one for 6 months now I think
Was tired of super high end carbon frames with creacking seatpost craddle ( 3T strada stealth ), no more brakes ( ultegra di2 levers ) , and warranty issues with his HED Vanquish 6 (tought hed was good quality , still happen) .

Latest actual iteration right now
Wheels are enve 3.4 with chris king hubs, bought from team service course so not so expensive, or bora one 50 last generation

Gary71

by Gary71

romanmoser wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:22 am
I love the standert kreissage 2nd cut
and their xcr cx gravel too

I'll probably end up with one rim frameset in black grey
They yellow white is meuh
The team has a big team on the fork I'm not sure about

A friend of mine has one for 6 months now I think
Was tired of super high end carbon frames with creacking seatpost craddle ( 3T strada stealth ), no more brakes ( ultegra di2 levers ) , and warranty issues with his HED Vanquish 6 (tought hed was good quality , still happen) .

Latest actual iteration right now
Wheels are enve 3.4 with chris king hubs, bought from team service course so not so expensive, or bora one 50 last generation
Beautifully well balanced. It looks fast standing still.
What stem are you running pls?

aloter

by aloter

Kesselflicker wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:02 pm
Standert Kreissäge 2nd Cut 56

Pro Vibe Carbon Bar (round) 40 cm
Pro Vibe Stem 130 mm
Pro Vibe Alloy Seatpost
Pro Stealth 142 Saddle
Dura Ace 9000 Groupset (9100 FD)
Dura Ace 9000 Direct Mount Brakes (SwissStop Black Prince)
Power2Max NGeco BCD 110 Powermeter
Rotor NoQ Chainrings 53/38
Rotor 3D Crankarms
Cbear BB
Dura Ace 9000 Sprocket 11/25
30 mm Carbon Custom Tubulars
Continental Competition 25 mm Tires
Jagwire Cables
NoName Bartape
Dura Ace 9000 Pedals

Weight 7,5 kg

standert1.JPG

standert2.jpg
Hi, i have purchase a kriessage rime PC 52 waiting for it to arrive, can you explain whats the problem with the rear wheel mount? I dont understand, also can you fit 28 tyres in the rim frame?

Kesselflicker

by Kesselflicker

I have no problems, Sorry :-)

romanmoser

by romanmoser

sorry for posting on your bike intro
if needed I'll post elsewhere

it's an enve , because with zipp it's the only stem in 140mm length and -12°
At least that I know off

by Weenie