Cervelo Áspero Gravel bike

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

ryanw
in the industry

by ryanw

I'm leaning towards the burgundy... I'd swap my Quarq over for sure, and then maybe run the Apex for a bit and upgarde to Force AXS in a few months :D
SL8 S-Works Project Black - 6.29kg
IG: RhinosWorkshop

VTR1000SP2

by VTR1000SP2

ryanw wrote:I'm leaning towards the burgundy... I'd swap my Quarq over for sure, and then maybe run the Apex for a bit and upgarde to Force AXS in a few months :D
Nice! Sounds like a good plan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Focus Izalco Max - 4.84kg without pedals
Cervélo Áspero - 8.28kg
Trek Madone SLR Rim - 7.73kg
Standert Triebwerk Disc - 8.47kg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

crlincoln

by crlincoln

I was thinking that the bike needs a SRAM AXS Mullet setup, so use the Eagle AXS backend with Force Controls..

rasyad

by rasyad

If the Open Wi.De and the TTT Exploro had a baby the Aspero would be it. I just ordered a 51cm frame in mid olive/dune from my LBS and plan to use some nice parts off my super six for the build. Please PM if you have a used 650b wheelset you think might work.

Rasyad

VTR1000SP2

by VTR1000SP2

rasyad wrote:If the Open Wi.De and the TTT Exploro had a baby the Aspero would be it. I just ordered a 51cm frame in mid olive/dune from my LBS and plan to use some nice parts off my super six for the build. Please PM if you have a used 650b wheelset you think might work.

Rasyad
Congrats!

I have a set of 650b wheels that while I’m not going to sell, I can recommend, the Stan’s Crest MK3 has served me well, is very light and internally wide. Nice setup.

Cervélo Áspero - 8.28kg

rasyad

by rasyad

Thanks for the suggestion.

Rasyad

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

rasyad wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:27 pm
If the Open Wi.De and the TTT Exploro had a baby the Aspero would be it. I just ordered a 51cm frame in mid olive/dune from my LBS and plan to use some nice parts off my super six for the build. Please PM if you have a used 650b wheelset you think might work.

Rasyad
I have some Easton EA70AX... .. I'm in Pleasanton.. so semi-near you
2024 BMC TeamMachine R Building
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL- getting aero look makeover
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault - completed project, full Xplr package

Shrike

by Shrike

Saw the closeups or renders of the teal frame this morning. Looks to be speckled with light teal throughout. Looks lush, and if it looks that nice in person then it'll be a super hard call. Rare to get 3/3 frame colours that look premium. Love that they're not using frame colour to differentiate build options.

VTR1000SP2

by VTR1000SP2

Here is a closeup of the teal

Cervélo Áspero - 8.28kg

Stendhal

by Stendhal

VTR1000SP2 wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:59 pm
Here is a closeup of the teal

Thank you very much. Did you take this picture in person, or is it from another source? I ask because teal is not yet available per my LBS, which I think is correct (Competitive Cyclist is selling the frame but reports that teal is coming later). Perhaps it is now being released so I can get it.
Cannondale Supersixevo 4 (7.05 kg)
Retired: Chapter2, Tarmac SWorks SL6, Orbea, Dogma F8\F10, LOW, Wilier, Ridley Noah, Cervelo R3\R5\S2\Aspero, Time Fluidity, Lapierre Pulsium, Cyfac, Felt, Klein, Cannondale pre-CAAD aluminum

VTR1000SP2

by VTR1000SP2

Stendhal wrote:
Thank you very much. Did you take this picture in person, or is it from another source? I ask because teal is not yet available per my LBS, which I think is correct (Competitive Cyclist is selling the frame but reports that teal is coming later). Perhaps it is now being released so I can get it.
I called my LBS about the Teal frame and asked if he had any idea of how it looks under light or if he had seen one and he texted me that picture. I asked about availability and he said it looks to be unavailable but put the order in anyway. This morning I got a text that it may be in next week. Fingers crossed!!
Cervélo Áspero - 8.28kg

Stendhal

by Stendhal

VTR1000SP2 wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:03 pm
Stendhal wrote:
I called my LBS about the Teal frame and asked if he had any idea of how it looks under light or if he had seen one and he texted me that picture. I asked about availability and he said it looks to be unavailable but put the order in anyway. This morning I got a text that it may be in next week. Fingers crossed!!
VERY helpful! I will report to my LBS. :welcome: :beerchug:
Cannondale Supersixevo 4 (7.05 kg)
Retired: Chapter2, Tarmac SWorks SL6, Orbea, Dogma F8\F10, LOW, Wilier, Ridley Noah, Cervelo R3\R5\S2\Aspero, Time Fluidity, Lapierre Pulsium, Cyfac, Felt, Klein, Cannondale pre-CAAD aluminum

Noctiluxx

by Noctiluxx

Just saw the low end version in Burgendy. In all honesty I was expecting to be blown away but came away thinking its just another gravel bike. The bike was heavy and the color was really muted.
Bianchi Oltre XR4, De Rosa SK Pininfarina, Trek Madone SLR, Giant TCR Advanced SL, Cervelo R5 Disk, Giant Revolt

moyboy

by moyboy

The mullet setup is awesome. Saw the 3T Red AXS release version of it and it looked mean!
crlincoln wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:13 pm
I was thinking that the bike needs a SRAM AXS Mullet setup, so use the Eagle AXS backend with Force Controls..

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rasyad

by rasyad

Here is the new frame, waiting for parts.

Rasyad
https://imgur.com/pgM2gUc