2020 BMC URS leaked

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

saba

by saba

Fully integrated soft-tail gravel bike.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

cerro

by cerro

Saw about it last week but not so much info like this. Seems like a mtb for gravel with such a long reach and short stem. high bb and long chainstays too. Not too impressed.

TonyM

by TonyM

Interesting!

Is that a kind of suspension for the rear? Like some elastomeres?

Finx

by Finx

It's the same elastomer system that is currently on the AMP line of e-Crossbikes.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

kytyree

by kytyree

I'd really have to ride that some to see what I think of that geometry for riding gravel. I know that's kinda where mtb fit is at right now but I've never really ridden anything setup like that.

TheRich

by TheRich

cerro wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:44 pm
Saw about it last week but not so much info like this. Seems like a mtb for gravel with such a long reach and short stem. high bb and long chainstays too. Not too impressed.
How does making a bike intended for the dirt more like bikes designed and intended for the dirt become a negative?

onemanpeloton

by onemanpeloton

cool!
2020 Trek Boone
2017 Merida Reacto
2017 Trek Superfly AL

Karvalo

by Karvalo

kytyree wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:48 pm
I'd really have to ride that some to see what I think of that geometry for riding gravel. I know that's kinda where mtb fit is at right now but I've never really ridden anything setup like that.
The Whyte Friston and Gisburn gravel bikes have a similar concept (even longer in the big sizes) and they are outrageous fun.

I guess it depends what kind of gravel your gravel riding involves. If it's all hardpack paths and unsurfaced roads, maybe this is overkill and will feel a bit lazy. If it involves any form of genuinely offroad trail and singletrack it's brilliant.

Miller

by Miller

Karvalo wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:30 am
If it involves any form of genuinely offroad trail and singletrack it's brilliant.
Why, what does a bike with that geo feel like on singletrack? I was exposed to a bit of real singletrack two weeks ago on my bike which uses a CX frame and tbh I struggled, it was well out of my comfort zone.

silvalis

by silvalis

Is that the same thing that's on the hardtails (softtails)?
Chasse patate

Karvalo

by Karvalo

Miller wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:43 am
Karvalo wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:30 am
If it involves any form of genuinely offroad trail and singletrack it's brilliant.
Why, what does a bike with that geo feel like on singletrack? I was exposed to a bit of real singletrack two weeks ago on my bike which uses a CX frame and tbh I struggled, it was well out of my comfort zone.
Way more stability, much better balance on steep downslopes, and just feels much more natural to lean the bike underneath you. Essentially you can let the bike hang out and get a bit rowdy without feeling like balancing on quite such a knife edge of imminent death :P

peted76

by peted76

I like the simplistic look and lines of it.

utku

by utku

raisinberry777 wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:56 pm
The URS One on BMC's website here:

https://www.bmc-switzerland.com/urs-one-301837.html
Looks like the page has been taken down. But you can see the official images at https://imgur.com/a/uBdUkf0.

cerro

by cerro

TheRich wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:36 pm
cerro wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:44 pm
How does making a bike intended for the dirt more like bikes designed and intended for the dirt become a negative?
Not as snappy and fun when on better roads I think. But as with gravel, everyone are after different features and have different plans for the bikes.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com