De Rosa 2020

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

kgt

by kgt

Then every frame with similar seat tube is called LOOK :smartass:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

timmerrr

by timmerrr

I'm usually one who really likes the way new bikes look (aero, dropped seat stays and slopping tt). I also don't think I've ever agreed with anything that kgt has said, but, both of these bikes are gorgous! If the SK Pininfarina update had come out before I bought my S5 thats were my money would have gone.
State Bicycle Co. Undefeated: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=171358

Karvalo

by Karvalo

kgt wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:47 pm
In your eyes new De Rosa frames may look like every other frame. In my eyes, not at all. Their proportions, angles, tube profiles, colors, graphic design etc. are different. And, as designers know, God is in the details.
So why can't you tell the difference between all the other frames?

I can tell the difference between the De Rosa and other frames, just ike I can tell the difference between those other frames. How come you're incapable of seeing those details? You're missing out on so much.

Karvalo

by Karvalo

kgt wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:51 am
Then every frame with similar seat tube is called LOOK :smartass:

That's a totally different seattube to the Canyon/De Rosa design.

kgt

by kgt

Karvalo wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:18 pm
kgt wrote:
In your eyes new De Rosa frames may look like every other frame. In my eyes, not at all. Their proportions, angles, tube profiles, colors, graphic design etc. are different. And, as designers know, God is in the details.

I can tell the difference between the De Rosa and other frames, just ike I can tell the difference between those other frames. How come you're incapable of seeing those details? You're missing out on so much.
I am not the one who can't tell the difference.

Karvalo

by Karvalo

kgt wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:42 pm
Karvalo wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:18 pm
kgt wrote:

I am not the one who can't tell the difference.
Yes, you absolutely are. You literally said, in the second line of your first post, "they-all-look-the-same".

I never said the De Rosa frames look like every other frame. I said that the SK looks at least as much like an Aeroad as any of the other dropped stay frames look like each other. You can't have it both ways.

kgt

by kgt

I was talking about the general design trends that many brands tend to follow competing each other. In that sense new De Rosa models look more 'original' and nicer in their details, proportions etc. And don't just isolate the SK frame, see the big picture (if you can).

Karvalo

by Karvalo

kgt wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:54 pm
I was talking about the general design trends that many brands tend to follow competing each other. In that sense new De Rosa models look more 'original' and nicer in their details, proportions etc. And don't just isolate the SK frame, see the big picture (if you can).
Man you still don't make any sense. Between them the De Rosa's follow every general design trend except sloping top tubes. And don't ignore the SK, it's at least as much the same as an Aeroad as any other modern frames are to each other. You should admit that (if you can).

kgt

by kgt

Of course De Rosa follow all the trends. It is just that among all these modern frames (aero, discs, integrated cables etc.) I find De Rosa frames more special, exclusive, sexy, interesting etc.
In that sense the Aeroad is boring, in my eyes, while the SK pninfarina is the opposite. That is my opinion, you don't have to agree.

Karvalo

by Karvalo

kgt wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:25 am
Of course De Rosa follow all the trends.
You literally just explained that you said all the other frames look the same because they follow the same design trends. Now you're saying De Rosa also follows the same design trends. Hence, De Rosa looks the same as everything else the same as everything else looks like everything else (and in the case of the SK, more so).

Again, I agree they look very nice - but if everything else looks the same then so do they. Your own explanations prove that. You can't have it both ways.

kgt

by kgt

I explained a few times how small details, proportions, geometry, paints etc. matter. If you don't understand all this it is not my problem.

Karvalo

by Karvalo

kgt wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:21 am
I explained a few times how small details, proportions, geometry, paints etc. matter. If you don't understand all this it is not my problem.
All the other frames have changes in small details. All the other frames have changes in proportions. All the other frames have changes in geometry. All the other frames have changes in paints. All the other frames have changes in etc. All the other frames have changes that matter.

So how come you're so blind that you think they all look the same?

NordicSal

by NordicSal

Karvalo wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:20 am
kgt wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:21 am
All the other frames have changes in small details. All the other frames have changes in proportions. All the other frames have changes in geometry. All the other frames have changes in paints. All the other frames have changes in etc. All the other frames have changes that matter.

So how come you're so blind that you think they all look the same?
If I was to guess at what he means, which I am because I want to, then I'd think that he agrees it looks the same as the new trend of bikes. He thinks, however, that their iteration of the 2019/2020 bike trend is better looking and more appealing because of the formerly mentioned details.

I think it's fairly obvious that De Rosa can make a nicer iteration than the common brands are able to, or willing to. They are vastly more expensive and sold as a niche instead of being the layman's road bike which the Cannondale and Scott are more inclined to be given their business models.

Karvalo

by Karvalo

NordicSal wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:08 am
If I was to guess at what he means, which I am because I want to, then I'd think that he agrees it looks the same as the new trend of bikes.
He said this "In your eyes new De Rosa frames may look like every other frame. In my eyes, not at all."

So, if he means what you think he means, he'd get his point across better if he didn't say the exact opposite.

NordicSal

by NordicSal

Karvalo wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:18 am
NordicSal wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:08 am
If I was to guess at what he means, which I am because I want to, then I'd think that he agrees it looks the same as the new trend of bikes.
He said this "In your eyes new De Rosa frames may look like every other frame. In my eyes, not at all."

So, if he means what you think he means, he'd get his point across better if he didn't say the exact opposite.
Yea, I just read through the whole thread after posting. You guys have fun disagreeing about what each other thinks haha, I am out.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com