Colnago C64 Disc

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

audiojan

by audiojan

Definitely drool worthy! The C64D is on my list of next frames (or stick to F8/10)
"Suddenly the thought struck me; my floor is someone elses ceiling" - Nils Ferlin

Seedster

by Seedster

Mr.Gib wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:46 am
No, no, no to the black chain. The equivalent of putting 22 inch chrome spinners on your S Class Mercedes. These things always start well and then everybody decides a modern classic (yes there are discs so maybe) is somehow better all tarted up. (BTW I am cutting you some slack and the oversize jockey wheel because there is a theorectical performance argumemt to be made but sheesh...)
I was conflicted about it, but I agree with you on the black chain. The Oversize jockey wheel is just a cheap experiment. Will revert back to the campy silver chain once my SRM comes back from the service center. Appreciate the feedback!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

maxice

by maxice

Hi, does the C64 take the Berk Saddle with the oval rail or round rails? Just going to order one for my C64, but wanted to make sure first

frommel

by frommel

maxice wrote:Hi, does the C64 take the Berk Saddle with the oval rail or round rails? Just going to order one for my C64, but wanted to make sure first
I am sure the ovals will work. It is a top-bottom clamp and I use it on my Fizik Antares 00 with carbon rails. I am also seriously considering trying the Berk Lupina. They look sick and the reviews seem pretty good. I just need to measure my bottom first! Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Catagory6

by Catagory6

can you give a comparison of the C64 to your Protos?

zappafile123

by zappafile123

Catagory6 wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:50 am
Protos - rewards riding fast
C60 - rewards riding slow

I've heard the C64 has a similar ride feel to the C60...
FactorOne|SartoSeta|StorckF.3|Enigma EliteHSS|SworksSL6|ColnagoC60/V3Rs|DeRosa Protos|BianchiXR4/2|BMCSLR01 16|Cdale EvoHM|Focus IzMax|RidleyHe SL/SLX|BH Ulight|BassoDiamante|Scapin DyseysS8|TimeRXRS/ZXRS|TCR SL|RidleyNoah|Look585|CerveloS5/S3

Seedster

by Seedster

Catagory6 wrote:
I really love both bikes. The Protos has a sentimental value because it is custom and 2016, which I consider the last "real" protos. The massive downtube really makes it a stiff and lively frame. Unless you have the right PSI, you will feel a lot more of the road's imperfections when compared to other more forgiving layups. That said, it is a fun bike to take on fast rides for a few hours. It wouldnt be my first choice for a longer ride, but it rides beautifully.

The C64 also rides well. It is compliant, predictable and stiff at the bottom bracket. It doesnt give you the race feel that the Protos does, but I love it as well. It is a fast bike, but I swear the geometry makes it feel more plush and less edgy. This is my second lugged frame and I must admit, there is something to ride. I would recommend either one depending on the kind of rider or roads you ride. Hope that helps.

Catagory6

by Catagory6

Seedster wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:11 am
Catagory6 wrote:
I really love both bikes. The Protos has a sentimental value because it is custom and 2016, which I consider the last "real" protos. The massive downtube really makes it a stiff and lively frame. Unless you have the right PSI, you will feel a lot more of the road's imperfections when compared to other more forgiving layups. That said, it is a fun bike to take on fast rides for a few hours. It wouldnt be my first choice for a longer ride, but it rides beautifully.

The C64 also rides well. It is compliant, predictable and stiff at the bottom bracket. It doesnt give you the race feel that the Protos does, but I love it as well. It is a fast bike, but I swear the geometry makes it feel more plush and less edgy. This is my second lugged frame and I must admit, there is something to ride. I would recommend either one depending on the kind of rider or roads you ride. Hope that helps.
it sure is stiff enough, and surprisingly comfortable. i've done numerous 3+ hour rides, without issue
just wanted to find out from other mark-1 Protos owners if they feel like they're giving anything up with that down tube, as compared to something more aerodynamic

juanphenao

by juanphenao

Seedster wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:48 pm
New tires, chains and other small bits

Amaizing... congratulations...

Seddster can you please tell me your actual drop from saddle to bars????.... what seat tube mark you have .. 10???

I am 6.3 tall and 36 inseam ... I think 58s is better for me,,,

Thank you

Seedster

by Seedster

I am 6ft 1 with a about 36 inch inseam. I’m somewhere around 82cm from BB to to the top of the saddle. I could have gone with 58s but opted for the 56s because I wanted smaller frame that felt more nimble. Here’s a picture of my seatpost for reference.

Seedster

by Seedster

Upgraded to Super Record EPS 12s with internal interface

nismosr

by nismosr

Wow front end so clean!
2020 Colnago C64 Mapei-SR12 EPS-WTO 60
2021 Basso Diamante SV-SR12 Disc EPS-WTO 60
2023 Colnago G3X-SRAM AXS Force-Levante

scb

by scb

First ride on C64 disc with EPS v4 with internal interface/module.
Attachments
bmtapQPrQrCcWqPtZbTwcw.jpg
Last edited by scb on Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

scb wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:03 am
including with 3.4 enves that have blue Enve decals.
Beauty may be in the eye of the beholder but please don't. Why would you want to pimp that ride? It will only distract from one of the most beautiful paint jobs ever.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.