Deda Superzero vs. Ritchey Superlogic vs. Darimo T2

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

StanK

by StanK

Yes, I know, all different price range and weight. But ...

I would like to drop as much weight as I can, but at same time I don't want end up with less comfortable setpost that I have now (original Ghost carbon seatpost, 200g, but cutted to 160g). I know that is impossible to knowing which seatpost would be comfy for me, but I think I can get some generally info which could help me to deceide.
And, without saying, I suppose any of those is not prone to creaking? I have that with my Ghost seatpost now, but after I repainted it with my own hands :oops: Obviously not to some standard :cry:

With Deda (cutted) I would get more or less the same weight (not so good), it would look better and (hopefully) without creaking.
With Ritchey (cutted) I could drop some 40g. Not exactly great for + $ 200 and I do not like little red marks on it, so ... is not an ideal solution. But all in all, and with some discount or second hand, would be OK.
With Darimo I would definitely drop most grams (approx. 70g), it's customizable, but the price is sky high. But I mostly bother about that "What if" ... What if it's uncomfortable?
Truth to be told, I found only the positive words for these three seatpost, but ... This is a lot of money to finish selling it week after I buy it. Vicious circle :)

Btw. I bought some carbon Climax satpost recently, but after only 10-15km it felt very uncomfortable. I don't want end up like that again, especially with something costly as Darimo, but even Deda isn't bargain. So, anyone with negative "butt feeling" regarding those three?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

DJT21

by DJT21

None of them will make any difference with regards to comfort; your bike in your signature doesn't have enough seatpost exposed.

If your bike is uncomfortable then adjust the fit to make it comfortable.

StanK

by StanK

Sadly, you are wrong. Read again what I wrote about Climax seatpost.
My butt is "supersensitive". Let's say it that way. With my previous bike I almost give up on cycling (4 years ago), because of a seatpost. Until I realized that the seatpost was causing (I never imagined that) so much discomfort. On that bike, seatpost roughly had same exposure like on this one. So ...

Bike is fitting me excellent. I wouldn't change anything. I might use smaller frame, but then I would needed 13-14mm stem. Which is fine, also, and more "modern", but regarding overalI comfort I have zero complaint with my current bike.

I probably wouldn't change seatpost at all, but after re-painting some creaking started to appear and visually is somewhat below par with everything else. So, when I change already, I thought in that process to lose "gram or two". That's all.

silvalis

by silvalis

If your butt is as sensitive as you make it out to be, buy an Ergon CF3 Pro...
Chasse patate

arty118

by arty118

I find Ritchey seatpost to be very comfortable. Not sure about Deda though ...

hannawald

by hannawald

I would keep what you have. I didn't have good luck with Darimo, had to retighten clamping bolts after each ride (maybe my fault, i applied loctite, somehow didn't help) and it was harsher than Deda Superleggero. I also didn't like its look with zero setback. Don't have experience with T2 version, that one looks much better.

Instead od Superzero you may look for Superleggero. Looks great but you don't gain anything...

Ritchey is tested to be quite comfortable..but the gain will be marginal..

mrlobber

by mrlobber

My experience also suggests Darimo is harsher than some other seatposts. I've run Ritchey on Gen 1 SS Evo, and the ride was definitely smoother than Gen 2 SS Evo with Darimo T2. Nowhere does this prohibit me of hammering out imperial centuries on the Gen 2 Evo, of course, but there is a noticeable difference.
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

PrimO

by PrimO

You're obsessing over a seat post yet in your build thread you state
StanK wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:37 am
So, limitations …

That for example means ...
- no latex tubes (for 50g saving I don't want to pump tires every day - for as I heard it is the case)
Buy the Superzero seatpost, cut it down to the necessary size and fit lighter latex tubes which will increase comfort. So what if you have to pump the tyres ever other day (i get 2 to 3 days from Vittoria Latex tubes without neding to reinflate them) you will gain comfort for your overly sensitive ass AND save weight!!!

Whats the point in building a light bike when you are unable to cycle it as its so uncomfortable, there comes a time when you need to wise up and realise that the 50g you saved hasnt made you any faster, hasnt increased your ability to climb and has in fact slowed you down as you are now uncomfortable on the bike.

StanK

by StanK

silvalis wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:36 am
If your butt is as sensitive as you make it out to be, buy an Ergon CF3 Pro...
Interesting, but there is no need for such thing. And it's a bit heavy :mrgreen: Usual good seatpost, sub 200g (like the one that came with bike) is just fine.

Okay, then Darimo is crossed. It's enough for me that just a few people say it's not quite comfortable. Thanks guys, I wanted just something like that - first hand experience :thumbup:
So, probably will be Ritchey or Deda. Or maybe even Syncros FL1.0. Yesterday I find one second hand, in very good condition and very good price.

StanK

by StanK

PrimO wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:00 am
You're obsessing over a seat post yet in your build thread you state
StanK wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:37 am
So, limitations …

That for example means ...
- no latex tubes (for 50g saving I don't want to pump tires every day - for as I heard it is the case)
Buy the Superzero seatpost, cut it down to the necessary size and fit lighter latex tubes which will increase comfort. So what if you have to pump the tyres ever other day (i get 2 to 3 days from Vittoria Latex tubes without neding to reinflate them) you will gain comfort for your overly sensitive ass AND save weight!!!

Whats the point in building a light bike when you are unable to cycle it as its so uncomfortable, there comes a time when you need to wise up and realise that the 50g you saved hasnt made you any faster, hasnt increased your ability to climb and has in fact slowed you down as you are now uncomfortable on the bike.
I agree, obviously, that there is no point in beign light and uncomfortable, but that isn't talking point here.
As I said, right now bike is comfy to me, I do not seek any extra comfort. I just don't want lose that comfort with new seatpost. It is that simply. There is no obsession here.

Btw I'm glad that you read my build thread in order to find some extra information, but I'm not going to switch to latex tubes :D I'm only considering Revoloop, as super light solution. I don't know how that could affect my ride, but I don't expect any negatives. But that is off topic, so ...

StanK

by StanK

Has anyone here weighed Fizik Cyrano 00 seatpost? Google can't find anything.
If it 175g. (as advertised) would be interesting to me. Especially because it not need extra adapters for various rail shapes.

Squashednuts

by Squashednuts

Check this thread for lightweight seatpost

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=157599

I find Hylix comfortable
Building Spec Allez

Sold
Fuji SL 5.5kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=157704

Sold -
Izalco Max Disc 6.7kg http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum ... o+Max+disc

StanK

by StanK

I follow that thread, but nothing interesting. At least for me.
I buyed Climax and ... it is not comfortable and is prone to creaking. Light for not much money, yes, but it is of no use to me. I will no longer wasted my money buying from unreputable companies, especially from the far east. Only if, somehow, I can try product first, but it's a unlikely scenario.

RocketRacing

by RocketRacing

Yeah... i have two darimo t1’s and they are both “comfortable”. It really depends on exposed seatpost length (ok, my mtb version is stiff). But in the end, the tires are by far far far the doninant spring in the system. 4psi out of tires is said to be the difference between a “race” frame and “comfort” frame. Just saying.

So for seatpost, get one that allows you to hit your desired fit, weight, budget. Or... the one with a clamping mechanism you like.

If you are really focused on comfort, get an accurate tire pump

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

StanK

by StanK

For some reason, as I said already, I'm "super sensitive" to the seat post. Or saddle, for that matter. Or bib shorts (but that's no part of bike, so ...) Everything that is near to my butt :mrgreen:

Tires, whatever I used so far, it was good. Only 20c tires was ... no, thanks. But not regarding my butt, just overall feeling.
Fit, weight and price (20-25mm setback, sub 160g cutted, sub 200 euros) is easy part, though.