Are We Getting A New Cannondale Supersix?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

3Pio

by 3Pio

ND4SPD wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:20 am
That is ugly, unproportional and awry.

And I'm saying that as an owner of previous generation Cannondale Supersix EVO.

I'm glad I bought the older model, and didn't wait for the new one.
Feel the same for CAAD... Glad i did bought CAAD12 few months ago instead of waiting for new model.. Also in the case of discounts for old model of SuperSixEvo, maybe ill get that one as well... U have really much much better looking bike (im sure with no less performance) compared to this new.....

cmunozh

by cmunozh

3Pio wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:25 am
ND4SPD wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:20 am
That is ugly, unproportional and awry.

And I'm saying that as an owner of previous generation Cannondale Supersix EVO.

I'm glad I bought the older model, and didn't wait for the new one.
Feel the same for CAAD... Glad i did bought CAAD12 few months ago instead of waiting for new model.. Also in the case of discounts for old model of SuperSixEvo, maybe ill get that one as well... U have really much much better looking bike (im sure with no less performance) compared to this new.....
+1

I am expecting as well a Caad12 instead of the Caad13
My garage: Caad12, BRT C0, Cannondale Scalpel SE II, Specialized Epic pro '92, Swiss military bike '45, Orbea Gredos '87, Specialized Langster '12, Caadx '15...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kgt

by kgt

Certainly there are much nicer frames out there and the graphic design is soooo boring. The previous supersix was a very well proportioned, balanced and classy frame. The new one is a few steps backwards for sure.

Stueys

by Stueys

kgt wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:33 am
Certainly there are much nicer frames out there and the graphic design is soooo boring. The previous supersix was a very well proportioned, balanced and classy frame. The new one is a few steps backwards for sure.
Ultimately most buyers are interested in performance first and foremost, the drive towards increased aero/compliance whist retaining a low weight is why the designs are all converging. There's only so far the laws of physics can be bent. If you want a 'traditional' looking frame shape then a modern race bike will become increasinly irreleveant for you.

Graphic and colour schemes, Dale need to up their game I'd agree.

reedplayer

by reedplayer

wow, some people seriously seem to believe in lower seatstays and some aero-design-gimmicks making them faster! interesting (...in sociological terms!)

C36

by C36

reedplayer wrote:wow, some people seriously seem to believe in lower seatstays and some aero-design-gimmicks making them faster! interesting (...in sociological terms!)
Well I rather have people put their trust in physics than on beliefs. And so far we only have signs of lower drag.
Since I am not racing anymore I do care a lot on bike behaviour, responsiveness and that will have to wait for some road-test

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

okimy

by okimy

I asked a guy from my LBS about it because they had an Ultegra spec on display. There seems to be a 105 disc version now too at about 2800€. I forgot to ask for the other prices. He also mentioned that there's a new Specialized Tarmac coming in September. I'll probably wait and see how they compare.

kgt

by kgt

Stueys wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:57 am
kgt wrote:
Ultimately most buyers are interested in performance first and foremost, the drive towards increased aero/compliance whist retaining a low weight is why the designs are all converging. There's only so far the laws of physics can be bent. If you want a 'traditional' looking frame shape then a modern race bike will become increasinly irreleveant for you.

I guess that anyone who wants to benefit from 'the laws of physics' will prefer the systemsix

NordicSal

by NordicSal

kgt wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:01 pm
Stueys wrote:
kgt wrote:

I guess that anyone who wants to benefit from 'the laws of physics' will prefer the systemsix
Mass is a law of physics I guess.

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

NordicSal wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:19 pm
kgt wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:01 pm
Stueys wrote:
kgt wrote:

Mass is a law of physics I guess.
:mrgreen:

guyc

by guyc

First UK store I've seen with them:

https://www.7hundred.co.uk/facetresults ... m=supersix

https://www.7hundred.co.uk/56534/premiu ... black.aspx

Top of the range DA Di2 is £8999 - comes with a Power2Max (as do many of them), 45mm Knot wheels and a top-tube logo that looks like a toddler was let loose with some Letraset.

Claims 30w saved over the older model. That's at the 30mph that we're all riding all the time because we're all WT Pros.

tarmackev

by tarmackev

ImageImage
For me these are the best two colour wise.
As a massive Cannondale fan they’ve really dropped the ball on colours.
Honourable mention to these two
ImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maximilian

by Maximilian

Dat EF scheme tho 8)

Just need one with rim brakes + Di2 and then I'm buying!

tarmackev

by tarmackev

SRAM red 11 speed mechanical rim brake HM and I’d buy.
I wish SRAM would still make a light mechanical groupset for us weightweenies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

guyc wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:41 pm
First UK store I've seen with them:

https://www.7hundred.co.uk/facetresults ... m=supersix

https://www.7hundred.co.uk/56534/premiu ... black.aspx

Top of the range DA Di2 is £8999 - comes with a Power2Max (as do many of them), 45mm Knot wheels and a top-tube logo that looks like a toddler was let loose with some Letraset.

Claims 30w saved over the older model. That's at the 30mph that we're all riding all the time because we're all WT Pros.
30w is huge, even at 30mph, even for amateurs! Yes most don't ride at these average speeds, but we do go faster than that sometimes during rides and even if you average 30km/h, you'll still save quite some power. Even if you ride in the mountains and average 25km/h, it will descend muuuuuuuch faster, save you energy in the valleys when you do ride fast. I get that reaction for small gains like the new Scott Addict saving 6w at 45km/h over the old one, that's not much but 30w is quite an impressive improvement many even non-pros should be able to feel and take advantage of. :thumbup:

Personally, I like the Helvetica style small logo and more minimal, simple graphics... But it's a matter of taste, there will always be people happy and others not happy about paint jobs, but it's inevitable, with every new bike releases come whiners about this color and that color and that graphic or the logo's too big we're not billboards, now it's too small...

Personally I really like these bikes. Only gripe is that nasty Garmin mount for the KNOT cockpit and having non-activated powermeters that have next to no value if you want to sell it and save weight or use a powermeter you already have.
Last edited by Dan Gerous on Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.