Are We Getting A New Cannondale Supersix?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

tarmackev

by tarmackev

Hmm I like this as much as the Scott and Wilier.
Love the easy to understand weight graph also.
Just wonder why the fork on the 44cm is so damn heavy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Cemicar

by Cemicar

The current Supersix Evo Hi-Mod Disc is claimed as 829g/360g (frame and fork, respectively) in 56 size and now it's 866g/389g. I know Cannondale will claim those proprietary D-shaped seatpost or cockpit are light enough to compensate it...and it's anyway faster in a hill.

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

Looks is subjective. I prefer the Evo's boxy look more than the Addict but I don't like the Wilier that much, especially that nasty seatpost clamp! And the Addict 'looks' aero but it's only marginaly more aero than the old Addict, I expect the Evo will be more aero than the Addict.

Claimed weight is a few grams lighter for this Evo than the new Scott Addict but we should also remember that weights are claimed for each, I always wait for real world numbers as many companies never quite match what they claim, weighing frames with no paint or no derailleur hanger, bottle cage bolts, seatpost clamp/wedge and so on... The graphic says painted with hardware but, I'm not sure what was included in the weight of the old Evo Disc... And painted, a painted black bike can weigh significantly less than a white or brightly colored one...

Anyway, someone who worries about 50gr probably wont want a disc brake bike, at least the Evo will still be available with rim brakes, not so with the Addict and Wilier.

As for the cable integration, yes there are slicker integrations than what Cannondale does but most of the time it's a PITA to live with for maintenance and travelling, I really would not get a bike with brake hoses running through headset bearings for exemple. It's much easier to work on the SystemSix and new Evo and put them in travel boxes than most other bikes with fully hidden cables. And you can actually use any stem and bars if you want on the Cannondale if you want to drop weight or have a different fit, something you often can't do with many bikes nowadays that actually need their proprietray stem and bars.

I think the 44cm having a heavier fork is because of the different rake, fork legs are a tad longer and more material might be needed at the crown if the angle between the steerer and legs is sharper... Maybe, just a guess.

About those sky high Garmin mounts though...

sgtrobo

by sgtrobo

murphyy12 wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:32 pm
Spinnekop wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:20 pm
Quick google search pops this up:

[/img]picture of dude riding a bike[/img]

As well as this:
Nice find on the chart. If it’s real then does that mean the SL6 disc is like half a pound lighter? I would find that hard to believe. But I guess we’ll find out soon enough.

Edit: never mind I was including seatpost in my HM math. Just frame and fork the claimed HM 56 weight is 117g heavier than SL6 56 weight.

Where is there an 'official' SL6 weight? (Honest question, sorry I'm new and haven't found anything yet)

I ask because my next road bike will almost definitely be a SSEvo or the new Tarmac

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

I just saw a S-Works SL6 Disc 61cm (with bottle cage bolts and derailleur hanger, dark blue so maybe a bit heavier than matte black but lighter than bright colors) at 1046gr, uncut fork 387gr, seatpost 176gr... So heavier frame than an even bigger 62 Evo, lighter fork, heavier seatpost. Not sure how the smaller sizes will compare but should be in the same ballpark.

New Scott Addict is claimed to be 850g for a 54cm frame, 360g for the fork (no idea if it's painted or not, with small parts or not) and 142g for the seatpost.

murphyy12

by murphyy12

sgtrobo wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:01 am
murphyy12 wrote:
Spinnekop wrote:

As well as this:
Nice find on the chart. If it’s real then does that mean the SL6 disc is like half a pound lighter? I would find that hard to believe. But I guess we’ll find out soon enough.

Edit: never mind I was including seatpost in my HM math. Just frame and fork the claimed HM 56 weight is 117g heavier than SL6 56 weight.

Where is there an 'official' SL6 weight? (Honest question, sorry I'm new and haven't found anything yet)

I ask because my next road bike will almost definitely be a SSEvo or the new Tarmac
This is where I saw the SL6 weight.
D15D3FDC-B5D9-44E6-B1A3-24AC798B50C0.jpeg
Last edited by murphyy12 on Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

murphyy12

by murphyy12

Saw these pics on the caad13 thread.
7E823D86-75B1-4F5F-A129-19013B67A3E5.jpeg
279EEE17-382F-4FBB-8B1E-F6F69AB94666.jpeg
96135CA0-9616-46EE-AC1C-50E838ACA678.jpeg
4EC2D8C8-AAD0-4D21-81C7-8452557C9390.jpeg
06C2184B-25BB-46A2-AD44-BFDE58A67DCA.jpeg

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

murphyy12 wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:45 am
sgtrobo wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:01 am
murphyy12 wrote:
Spinnekop wrote:

As well as this:

This is where I saw the SL6 weight.

D15D3FDC-B5D9-44E6-B1A3-24AC798B50C0.jpeg
Looked into the galleries here, found a 2019 SL6 S-Works Disc Quick-Step colored (paint shouldn't weigh too much) 56cm: 850gr, fork 390gr.

But the industry has moved from the lightweight wars and are well into the aero wars...
murphyy12 wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:49 am
Saw these pics on the caad13 thread.
They shouldn't use those big spacers when not using the KNØT stem, doesn't make much sense and it looks quite awful, especially with 2 feet worth of them! Easy fix though. Apart from that, it looks pretty nice for a entry-ish level model.

murphyy12

by murphyy12

Dan Gerous wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:23 am

They shouldn't use those big spacers when not using the KNØT stem, doesn't make much sense and it looks quite awful, especially with 2 feet worth of them! Easy fix though. Apart from that, it looks pretty nice for a entry-ish level model.
The spacers crack me up. So awful. The stock crankset doesn’t do the looks any favors either. Get rid of most if not all the spacers. Hide all the cables. And switch the crankset for shimano or sram and I think people would have a completely different first impression. There’s a reason the $10k version looks so good. :noidea:

RocketRacing

by RocketRacing

Lbs’s are primed for the official reveal. Should be tomorrow.

And wtf is up with the high garmin mounts on the cannondales? And man those spacers and frame cups when you tirn the bars... uggh.

Teoviz

by Teoviz

Here it is
4C5C6276-CC91-4780-8FBD-20C9AA0FBCCB.jpeg

ND4SPD

by ND4SPD

That is ugly, unproportional and awry.

And I'm saying that as an owner of previous generation Cannondale Supersix EVO.

I'm glad I bought the older model, and didn't wait for the new one.

dastott

by dastott

Watching Rigoberto Uran ride the new Evo in the Route de Sud it looked good in EF team colours and rim brakes. Have to say the pictures in this thread are pretty uninspiring. The Generation 1 & 2 models look much nicer to my eyes so far, although a nice colour scheme would help.

Pajjy

by Pajjy

Certainly not the best looking bike I've ever seen. I think the frame looks pretty nice. It would definitely look better with the stem slammed, of course, the spacers just look so bulbous (so does the stem) on a bike with thinner tubes. I also don't understand why they didn't put the seam of the spacer at the back rather than the side like the new Addict, it would have looked much cleaner.

The paint scheme doesn't exactly help either, looks like some sort of DIY spray paint and masking tape job done in a shed.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

ND4SPD wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:20 am
That is ugly, unproportional and awry.

And I'm saying that as an owner of previous generation Cannondale Supersix EVO.

I'm glad I bought the older model, and didn't wait for the new one.

It's an unfinished build with the seatpost barely inserted, the steerer uncut and no bar tape. What exactly are you expecting?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com