Are We Getting A New Cannondale Supersix?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Karvalo wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:59 pm

Your link says you're wrong. Sorry buddy.
And also...

“Viewer interpretations of beauty may on occasion be observed to possess two concepts of value: aesthetics and taste. Aesthetics is the philosophical notion of beauty. Taste is a result of an education process and awareness of elite cultural values learned through exposure to mass culture. Bourdieu examined how the elite in society define the aesthetic values like taste and how varying levels of exposure to these values can result in variations by class, cultural background, and education.”

Pretty much every paragraph on that page refers back to the subjectivity of aesthetic judgment.

mr2scott

by mr2scott

Stueys wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:19 pm
Really want to see what the aero difference is between this and the system six. Personally, I quite like the design.
Cannondale has that info and it's in the dealer material. I forgot what it was but it was significant. The new supersix is much faster according to their data than most other bikes though.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

aeroisnteverything

by aeroisnteverything

I think that’s a really, really good looking frameset. Yes, similar to tarmac and roadmachine - but with good reason. And does a much better job on the cockpit than the tarmac, plus the lines are all neat and svelte. Let’s see the final specs and colors, but if they did manage to keep system weight down so that it’s at or below tarmac for a complete bike - why not???

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

I'm just back from a ride on my current Evo, felt like a dinosaur! :mrgreen:

Personally, I also really like it, not a question of 'if' for me, probably more a 'when' but I'm curious to see geometry charts and weights...

Mep

by Mep

aeroisnteverything wrote:I think that’s a really, really good looking frameset. Yes, similar to tarmac and roadmachine - but with good reason. And does a much better job on the cockpit than the tarmac, plus the lines are all neat and svelte. Let’s see the final specs and colors, but if they did manage to keep system weight down so that it’s at or below tarmac for a complete bike - why not???
If Cannondale is able to make it lighter and more aero than the Tarmac, I would be impressed with their engineering. If the price is right, I might just go out and buy one. That's the trifecta I've been looking for them to hit, we'll see..

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Mep wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:12 pm

If Cannondale is able to make it lighter and more aero than the Tarmac, I would be impressed with their engineering. If the price is right, I might just go out and buy one. That's the trifecta I've been looking for them to hit, we'll see..
They made it vaguely similar in shape to the Tarmac. They hid the cables. They probably equipped the KNØT wheels with 23mm tires. I’d expect it to be more aero than the SL6.

As for weight, the Tarmac SL6 isn’t that light anyway, has metal races in its BB, etc.

Konsi

by Konsi

ianeire wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:55 pm

I have that jersey in the same colour. Good enough reason to get a Cannondale? I quite like the looks of the new frame :)

aeroisnteverything

by aeroisnteverything

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:19 pm
Mep wrote:

They made it vaguely similar in shape to the Tarmac. They hid the cables. They probably equipped the KNØT wheels with 23mm tires. I’d expect it to be more aero than the SL6.

As for weight, the Tarmac SL6 isn’t that light anyway, has metal races in its BB, etc.
The chart on the previous pages does indicate it is more aero than tarmac. Cannondale has some credibility as to their testing protocol given that their own claim on Systemsix being the fastest also aligns with the Tour Mag.

We’ll see about the weight I guess.

One thing I found to dislike: just hate how the Garmin mount is attached to the top of the bar on their knot system. So untidy.

It’s the little things- amirite?

Discodan

by Discodan

Whether the science tells me I like it or not; I like it. It’s a little bland in shape but understated and functional is ok by me. A loud paint job wouldn’t go astray though

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mep

by Mep

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Mep wrote:

At this time the Tarmac SL6 has arguably one of the best compromises between weight and aero, and if Cannondale can push the envelope higher, I'm all for it. You're referring to the bottom bracket shell being metal? Isn't that the same as on the SuperSix Evo, Izalco Max?

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Mep wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:36 am

At this time the Tarmac SL6 has arguably one of the best compromises between weight and aero, and if Cannondale can push the envelope higher, I'm all for it. You're referring to the bottom bracket shell being metal? Isn't that the same as on the SuperSix Evo, Izalco Max?

AFAIK the SuperSix Evo uses PF30A with carbon bores. Is this not the case?

octave

by octave

current gen SSEHM has a carbon PF30a bb shell. no metal insert

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

octave wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:23 am
The literature on that Instagram post does say “alloy PF30” or something weird like that so I’m confused. If they are using alloy inserts, then why not go BB30[a]?

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:03 am
octave wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:23 am
The literature on that Instagram post does say “alloy PF30” or something weird like that so I’m confused. If they are using alloy inserts, then why not go BB30[a]?
That refers to PF30 bearings that are in alloy cups instead of plastic like SRAM has, the frame's BB shell is only carbon..

refthimos

by refthimos

What's the official release/embargo lift date? Is it June 28 or did I just come up with that date out of the blue?
EVO1 | 5.37kg
EVO3 (sold) | 6.51kg
EVO4 | build thread coming soon
S5 Disc
SystemSix (sold) | 8.01kg
P5 Disc | heavy but fast

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com