2019 PRO thread

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

Manufacturers have stopped lobbying to lower the weight limit a few years ago! Then they fought to legalize discs, changed the 3:1 profile rule, it makes it much easier for manufacturers to 'create needs that aren't there' with discs and aero as it's very different than slightly older bikes than by incrementally reducing bike weights by 20gr here, 45gr there... So the whole industry is fine with the 6.8kg rule for now.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

And if the manufacturers have to lobby for changes, they’re not in control. ;) The UCI does what the UCI does. I’d rather see most of the UCI rules relaxed because I like arms races. I loved multiple eras of F1 pre-2008 for all the speciation in the absence of stricter regulation. 6-wheeled Tyrells? Sure. Vanes/winglets all over? Yep!

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

rainerhq wrote:I didn´t mean his descending skills, but like spdntrxi said, he is the worst person to be anywhere around you on a break... he is constantly all over the place
Ah yes, I’ve been around riders like that. Want to stay clear cuz you don’t know what they’ll do as long as they come out ahead. Which, is definitely a part of their competitive nature. Part of racing, as opposed to just being a terrible bike handler. Cat 5 racing can be like that. That why I love Cat 6. Nobody knows it’s a race but me. Image And sometimes I even win!!! Image
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

TobinHatesYou wrote:And if the manufacturers have to lobby for changes, they’re not in control.
No one said they were in complete “control”. But as the strong arm lobbyists, they certainly wield a big stick in shall we say “influencing” the UCI. Especially when there aren’t really any opposing lobbyists other than the riders themselves.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

TonyM

by TonyM

Calnago wrote:...That why I love Cat 6. Nobody knows it’s a race but me. Image And sometimes I even win!!! Image
Coolest quote for racing! ImageImageImage

fogman

by fogman

flying wrote:
Dan Gerous wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:51 pm
Cube bikes should all have Oval components! :D
:lol: :lol: :lol:
If you get a Cube bike, you will be “pedaling squares.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's all downhill from here, except for the uphills.

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

speedbar.nl making a killing. Like who doesn't have these now.

bernal was on some 3d printed jawnts too. Sky will have them at the tour, they just sandbagging G for now.

flying

by flying

I know he is X-Pro but....I just saw a pic of Phil Gaimon
Crashed on a track? I do not know the specifics...except
Broken scapula, collarbone, 5 ribs, and partially collapsed lung.

This pic was a day ago at Lehigh Valley Hospital - Cedar Crest

sychen

by sychen

Damn.. Phil was training to do the Olympics in track.
His channel has the info of his current activities.. He was looking good without training too.

That's some major injuries from a track crash.
His video from his channel post crash.

He really IS bad at retirement.

https://youtu.be/Sm00ghvNIRw

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

i know wellens was behind, but remco [again] towed VC 13kms to the line and then gets out sprinted. dang

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

nathanong87 wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:08 am
i know wellens was behind, but remco [again] towed VC 13kms to the line and then gets out sprinted. dang
The kid's gotta learn! :)

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

bad news from Poland - Karol Domagalski crashed heavily in a "Tour of Malopolska" (UCI 2.2 race). according to people close to him he's in a really bad shape and docs are fighting for his life. apparently while descending after a KOM he fell into a ditch right into a concrete culvert...
kkibbler wrote: WW remembers.

bilwit

by bilwit

very anticlimatic ending to dauphine

IchDien

by IchDien

More SRAM worries at the U23 GiroD'Italia...Georg Zimmerman of Tirol KTM Cycling Team losing his chain from the winning break of two.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kytyree

by kytyree

https://www.velonews.com/2019/06/news/m ... ers_495151

This race tomorrow that finishes going up Mont Ventoux could be interesting. Not sure if I'll be able to watch it here but I could see one day races featuring some of the more famous climbs working well for pro cycling.