Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderator: Moderator Team

4151zero

by 4151zero

RyanH wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 1:58 am
Nick Brandt Sorensen

https://www.usada.org/nick-brandt-soren ... etime-ban/
His clothing line looks rather good tho!

by Weenie

owlbass

by owlbass

RyanH wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 5:43 pm
I wouldn't say "better" but more just a reflection of what new components I'm trying at the moment as well as my preferences for known good components. The image you linked had 404s, which I would never ride again and while Campy SR mechanical is a good mechanical group, I find it limits my ability to shift while sprinting which utlimately makes me slower and that Quarq clashed with the rest of the bike (and eventually died, as did all my other Quarqs).

Right now, these are preferred components and mostly stay the same among my current bikes:
-Mcfk saddle, I found this saddle to be significantly better than the Berk saddle. Better support, no numbness after an hour or two, and looks better.
-SRM...mostly because it's an SRM and I've had the least issues with SRM.
-Electronic shifting. I find it handles shifting under loads and hard efforts better and I can adjust while riding the bike.
-A very stiff stem (pro vibe 7s or Zipp sprint)
-Campy Boras and Veloflex tires (I have a rotation of wheels but if I could only keep one, it'd be these)

Relatively new components that I'm trying are:
-Alptitude cages
-Darimo T2 Setback post
-S Works 38cm bars

Items subject to change:
-Bars...these are on loan from dudemanppl and I have Haero Carbon 38cm coming Wed. I like the profile of the S works though, look significantly better from the side than 3T.
-Stem? I need the 140mm due to the shorter reach on eTap but I may go back to a Pro 7s stem. Maybe 140mm if the reach on the Haero is the same as S works.
How’s the darimo post been treating you?

RyanH

by RyanH

So far so good. It hasn't slipped or needed adjustment since originally setting it up. Rode 240 miles last week and I think a hair above 200 the week before.

RyanH

by RyanH

For those curious about the radio silence (it's been a month without a new bike... I'm not dead), I found something else to channel my constant desire to tinker and improve upon:

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

true money pit.... a boat next ?

godzuki26

by godzuki26

Nice! Hey 1 x carbon PCCB rotor $5,300 vs 1 x Dura Ace rotor $67.99.
:arrow: BH Ultralight
:arrow: Litespeed Ghisallo
:arrow: Scott Addict Singlespeed

ImageCannondale Evo HiMod
ImageFelt AR FRD

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

ryan is weird and installed 1% tint on his brake lights so they work worse....

Juanmoretime
Administrator

by Juanmoretime

RyanH wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:49 am
For those curious about the radio silence (it's been a month without a new bike... I'm not dead), I found something else to channel my constant desire to tinker and improve upon:
Detailing cars? I noticed the hose and wiping clothes in the picture. :smartass:
RESIDENT GRUMPY OLD MAN.

oldturd

by oldturd

congrats on the purchase! details on this beaut?

Lightweenie

by Lightweenie

In which forum are you posting about that build?

Denavelo

by Denavelo

godzuki26 wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:32 am
Nice! Hey 1 x carbon PCCB rotor $5,300 vs 1 x Dura Ace rotor $67.99.
Having a car with Carbon Brakes is giving me anxiety about going back to a car without them.
The pedal feel and lack of brake dust is amazing!
Speedvagen Road Machine "2011 Surprise me | Rob English "Mudfoot" 29er | Focus Izalco Max

Calnago

by Calnago

Ha! Don’t they overheat and delaminate? I mean, if they can do it for cars, you’d think bicycle rims would be a piece o’ cake. I mean, if they wanted to.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

RyanH

by RyanH

spdntrxi wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:58 am
true money pit.... a boat next ?
Ha, definitely not a boat person. We've gotten by for a long time with a single car so this being a hobby project car fit well with my wants. I wanted to learn how to wrench on a car, and I may have gotten a little more than I was bargaining for in the beginning but it's been fun so far...although fan belt blowing up and having to coast down hill back home wasn't so fun.
oldturd wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:30 pm
congrats on the purchase! details on this beaut?
1990 Carrera 4. Needs a bit of TLC which fit what I was looking for.
Lightweenie wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:07 pm
In which forum are you posting about that build?
Hmmmm...well, I was planning on stripping the interior, stereo delete, a/c delete (this is WW right?)...

MichaelK

by MichaelK

RyanH wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:41 pm
Hmmmm...well, I was planning on stripping the interior, stereo delete, a/c delete (this is WW right?)...
Drive it for at least 2 weeks without using your stereo and a/c before you remove them. Unless this is a pure track-day only car.

RyanH

by RyanH

A/C doesn't work at the moment so I've been without a/c for the past few weeks but except last week, it's been fairly cool in Socal. When I had to replace the fan belt I removed the compressor/belt as that is in front of the fan belt. If I make it through the summer alive I'll remove the rest of the a/c components otherwise I'll get it converted to 134a.

Regarding the stereo, I bought the car so that IT is the stereo.

by Weenie