Vittoria Graphene 2.0

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
Hexsense

by Hexsense

alanyu wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:07 pm
Valy wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:04 pm
alanyu wrote: The limit of Pro one 25c/28c is only 70kg/75kg on their website, which I think a lot of people don't take care of.
Would not that be per wheel? Image
:o TYTT I don't know whether it's for pair or per. :oops: I hope it's for per wheel.
Per wheel, but weight distribution of road bike is like F/R 40/60. So rear 75 kg would translate to front 50.
Still, it sum to 125kg total weight which should be plenty.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Mr.Gib wrote:
Nefarious86 wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:28 pm
willmac wrote:Is that really the same tire? Looks like grey sidewalls, not tan
Alloy brake schmutz

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Oh yeah that's the same tire, and it has been wiped several times. I went through a set of brake pads in three days. The guys on disc went through pads in two days. Descending so steep, wet, rough, and technical you could never let the bike go. Horrendous roads, always wet, often raining and mud, sand, grime, pureed plant debris, and indeed alloy "schmutz" - well put Nefarious.
How much was chewed out of the rims?

As for the disc guys, they should have been on metalics lol.

Using Tapatalk

RocketRacing

by RocketRacing

spdntrxi wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:14 pm
emcardle wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:50 pm
Corsa Speed 2.0 is faster

https://www.bicyclerollingresistance.co ... a-speed-g2

can we beg for a 28mm version :thumbup:
Would prefer to see crr of the 23c 2.0 corsa speed. The 25c was measuring 27mm... which could account for much of the crr improvements over the 23c originals.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

RocketRacing wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:24 pm

Would prefer to see crr of the 23c 2.0 corsa speed. The 25c was measuring 27mm... which could account for much of the crr improvements over the 23c originals.
The GP5K comparison suggests differently. The 23mm and 25mm GP5Ks were within 0.2W down to 80psi. I imagine it would be more like a 0.1W difference in the Corsa Speeds.

Besides, 25mm is the "baseline" on BRR. 23mm Corsa Speed was only tested because the 25mm version didn't exist at the time.

JScycle

by JScycle

Hexsense wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:54 am
alanyu wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:07 pm
Valy wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:04 pm
alanyu wrote: The limit of Pro one 25c/28c is only 70kg/75kg on their website, which I think a lot of people don't take care of.
Would not that be per wheel? Image
:o TYTT I don't know whether it's for pair or per. :oops: I hope it's for per wheel.
Per wheel, but weight distribution of road bike is like F/R 40/60. So rear 75 kg would translate to front 50.
Still, it sum to 125kg total weight which should be plenty.
If the weight limit of the tyre is 75kg per tyre than that is heaps. If you are 100kg and have a 40(F)/60(R) weight distribution then the front has 40kg of load and the rear has 60kg. You could be 125kg before you hit the load limit on the rear tyre (not accounting for weight of clothing etc)

Stitchking

by Stitchking

Just to update my previous post about my rear rubino losing air. Pulled the tyre off and my rim strip looked like this:

Have retaped with stans tape and have had no more loss than should be expected. Not a tyre issue which is nice.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

ryanw
in the industry

by ryanw

That an Enve rim / tape?

My 5.6s were taped so so bad from factory! I was losing a fair bit of air. When investigating, rim tape was poorly installed and the rear had a tear in it.

Removed and installed Tesa 25mm tape and been perfect since.
SL8 S-Works Project Black - 6.29kg
IG: RhinosWorkshop

Stitchking

by Stitchking

ryanw wrote:That an Enve rim / tape?

My 5.6s were taped so so bad from factory! I was losing a fair bit of air. When investigating, rim tape was poorly installed and the rear had a tear in it.

Removed and installed Tesa 25mm tape and been perfect since.
I wish hahaha. Its a giant slr wheel

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Looks like the tape doesn’t cover the entirety of the rim bed in that photo. Not sure if they biased the first layer on one side and then the second layer on the other sides but I’m a big proponent of going with tape about 5mm wider than the internal rim width and letting it ride up the sides of the rim slightly.

ryanw
in the industry

by ryanw

Agree. Also, I compress the tape into the channel which eats up a few mm width.

21mm was too narrow for 5.6s, 25mm was spot on.
SL8 S-Works Project Black - 6.29kg
IG: RhinosWorkshop

Stitchking

by Stitchking

The tape i replaced it with was 21mm stans from memory. The rim is quite narrow at 17c so seemed to give a good coverage. Definitely filled the whole rim bed adequately.

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

Nefarious86 wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:05 pm
Mr.Gib wrote:
Nefarious86 wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:28 pm
willmac wrote:Is that really the same tire? Looks like grey sidewalls, not tan
Alloy brake schmutz

Oh yeah that's the same tire, and it has been wiped several times. I went through a set of brake pads in three days. The guys on disc went through pads in two days. Descending so steep, wet, rough, and technical you could never let the bike go. Horrendous roads, always wet, often raining and mud, sand, grime, pureed plant debris, and indeed alloy "schmutz" - well put Nefarious.
How much was chewed out of the rims?
As for the disc guys, they should have been on metalics lol.
The rims definitely saw some wear but not terrible. I was using Jagwire Elite/Pro whatever pads. They are pretty firm. A softer pad would have sacrificed itself and saved the rim a bit more, but would have been destroyed even faster. Had the same thought about the guys on disc. The whole trip was the ultimate torture test for equipment. Basically like riding a combination of a mountain tour stage and a cobbled classic in the rain for ten days in a row. Off topic for this thread but I'd think long and hard before I'd bring electronic shifting on any trip like this. Lots of serious problems for the guys on electonic. Zero mechanical drive train issues. The group of 20 was split evenly between electronic and mechanical.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Mr. Gib... I don’t know what trip you were just on, but I would like to read a more detailed writeup of it, maybe in a thread if it’s own, if you have the time. I know in conditions like that, picture taking often isn’t a priority but if you’ve got some, that would be great too. Sounds like an ordeal.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

refthimos

by refthimos

ryanw wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:57 am
Agree. Also, I compress the tape into the channel which eats up a few mm width.

21mm was too narrow for 5.6s, 25mm was spot on.
I strongly recommend using only Enve tape for Enve wheels. Not because other tapes aren't as good, but because Enve may not warranty your wheel if you use another tape and air escapes from the rim edge of the rim bed into the side of the rim and blows it apart... happened to me.
EVO1 | 5.37kg
EVO3 (sold) | 6.51kg
EVO4 | build thread coming soon
S5 Disc
SystemSix (sold) | 8.01kg
P5 Disc | heavy but fast

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

Calnago wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:12 pm
Mr. Gib... I don’t know what trip you were just on, but I would like to read a more detailed writeup of it, maybe in a thread if it’s own, if you have the time. I know in conditions like that, picture taking often isn’t a priority but if you’ve got some, that would be great too. Sounds like an ordeal.
Yes, stopping was definitely not a priority. In the crazy places stopping meant some of those I was with might not have been able to get going again, and every moment wasted increased the likelihood of a last descent of the day in pitch black. Very few photos exist and the catch is that they include other private individuals. But fair enough, I owe the good people here a few photos. Watch the on the road thread. I'll post a couple to show road surface without comment. Sadly no photos could be taken when it was raining hard with was most of the time and it was raining hard when the most photo worthy madness was ridden.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com