Vittoria Graphene 2.0

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

emcardle wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:50 pm
Corsa Speed 2.0 is faster

https://www.bicyclerollingresistance.co ... a-speed-g2

can we beg for a 28mm version :thumbup:
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault

alanyu

by alanyu

Stitchking wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:50 am
Im giving a pair of 28c rubino tlr a hoon for this winter. So far they seem nice. Noticeably slower but i haven't really pushed them round corners and have done no racing recently. Don't hold air as well as the gp5ks i had on previously, i need to pump them up before every ride.

Unlike the corsas i tried earlier this year i was able to bead up with a track pump relatively easily.

They ended up being 50g lighter for a pair of 28c training tyres than the 25c gp5k.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Hi, where did you get your rubino tlr? A street shop or online? I searched on google and they are sold at ~40 euro online, more expensive than pro one ~33 euro.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

thaking

by thaking

Meyercord wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:39 am
thaking wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:50 pm
Vittoria Graphene 2.0 vs Specialized S-works turbo ?
Tc pro: lighter, faster, quieter, might have more dry grip
Tc con: shit puncture protection, short life

2.0 pro: puncture protection, rain grip, tread life
2.0 con: heavy, slower

Corsa speed 2.0 is probably a better comparison to tc.
Hmmm, so a lot of different oppinions :oops:

I am looking for clincher tyre, did I choose right comparison (GP 5000, S wroks turbo and vittori Corsa G+ 2.0): https://www.bicyclerollingresistance.co ... -graphene2

From that looks GP5000 the fastest and most durable option, or ?

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Really looking forward to seeing Rubino Pro TLR vs Corsa TLR comparisons now.

Meyercord

by Meyercord

thaking wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:47 pm
Meyercord wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:39 am
thaking wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:50 pm
Vittoria Graphene 2.0 vs Specialized S-works turbo ?
Tc pro: lighter, faster, quieter, might have more dry grip
Tc con: shit puncture protection, short life

2.0 pro: puncture protection, rain grip, tread life
2.0 con: heavy, slower

Corsa speed 2.0 is probably a better comparison to tc.
Hmmm, so a lot of different oppinions :oops:

I am looking for clincher tyre, did I choose right comparison (GP 5000, S wroks turbo and vittori Corsa G+ 2.0): https://www.bicyclerollingresistance.co ... -graphene2

From that looks GP5000 the fastest and most durable option, or ?
I was talking about the s works turbo cotton. Regular s works turbo’s suck.

Stitchking

by Stitchking

alanyu wrote:
Stitchking wrote:
Im giving a pair of 28c rubino tlr a hoon for this winter. So far they seem nice. Noticeably slower but i haven't really pushed them round corners and have done no racing recently. Don't hold air as well as the gp5ks i had on previously, i need to pump them up before every ride.

Unlike the corsas i tried earlier this year i was able to bead up with a track pump relatively easily.

They ended up being 50g lighter for a pair of 28c training tyres than the 25c gp5k.

Hi, where did you get your rubino tlr? A street shop or online? I searched on google and they are sold at ~40 euro online, more expensive than pro one ~33 euro.
I manage a shop, so my price is not really relevant. Probably 35-40 euro is what we are selling them for. I found the schwalbe tyres to be super fast wearing in the rear so not the biggest fan. These are more to test out over our winter. See what kind of milage i get, how bad they cut up, etc.etc.

So far a i have about 400 km on them. No cuts. Seem to roll alright. No signs of wear.

alanyu

by alanyu

Stitchking wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:02 am
alanyu wrote:
Stitchking wrote:

I manage a shop, so my price is not really relevant. Probably 35-40 euro is what we are selling them for. I found the schwalbe tyres to be super fast wearing in the rear so not the biggest fan. These are more to test out over our winter. See what kind of milage i get, how bad they cut up, etc.etc.

So far a i have about 400 km on them. No cuts. Seem to roll alright. No signs of wear.

Waiting for your test. Schwalbe's mileage is not a problem to me. My 28c Pro One's mileage is relative long, more than 6000km. I find that schwable's mileage is largely depand on load and I'm only 55kg, lucky or unlucky enough.

chiumomo

by chiumomo

How did you get 6000km on Pro one? Mine 25c Pro one TL rear tire barely make it to 2000km

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

Mr.Gib wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 4:31 am
I am headed off to do some serious distance in central Italy where a good portion of our route will be on pretty rough roads including some gravel climbs. I had settled on Vittora Corsa G 28mm original version because that's all that was available when I was preparing the bike. However in the last few days I have had a bit of dread about the fate of the rear tire. I'll be covering 2000 km and 50,000 meters in 10 days, and there is no way the rear would last the whole trip, even without cuts or punctures. On level ground sure, but with only up or down and much of it steep, 1000 km would be about the limit for that tire under my 170 pounds. So I grabbed 30mm Corsa Control. Not happy about the extra weight or rolling resistance, but the thicker tread gives me a better chance of avoiding punctures and having to swap to a new rear halfway through. I'll keep the regular Corsa on the front. This will be a serious torture test for this tire. I'll report back with results.
Results Report
The tires were an overwhelming success. I cannot imagine a tougher test of a tire. The conditions were very bad. Near constant rain and horrendously bad roads. Predominantly broken up old chipseal full of potholes, strada bianche of course, but also some roads labelled as stada steratta which were basically slate blocks filled in with gravel, Arrenberg Forest bad in some places, insane stuff to descend on. My wife and I were the only members of the group with no punctures! Zero! The others had between two and six punctures over the 10 days.

First the after photo to compare to photo above:

And a sample of the roads:

I put the lack of punctures down to tire width and low pressure. A casual survey showed others to be riding between 75 and 85 psi. No one as low as our 60 -65 psi. We had only a small number of tiny cuts and the odd tiny fragment of stone imbedded. And the best part of this tire setup was that I could actually ride most of this surface in comfort. No worries cornering on descents when the road would suddenly turn to garbage in the middle of a switchback.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

alanyu

by alanyu

chiumomo wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:07 pm
How did you get 6000km on Pro one? Mine 25c Pro one TL rear tire barely make it to 2000km
Are you as light as me? A 55kg skinny man, total weight less than 70kg ( + bike + water & energy + minitools + bag).

The limit of Pro one 25c/28c is only 70kg/75kg on their website, which I think a lot of people don't take care of.

Valy

by Valy

alanyu wrote:
chiumomo wrote:
Are you as light as me? A 55kg skinny man, total weight less than 70kg ( + bike + water & energy + minitools + bag).

The limit of Pro one 25c/28c is only 70kg/75kg on their website, which I think a lot of people don't take care of.
Would not that be per wheel? Image

willmac

by willmac

Is that really the same tire? Looks like grey sidewalls, not tan

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

willmac wrote:Is that really the same tire? Looks like grey sidewalls, not tan
Alloy brake schmutz

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk

alanyu

by alanyu

Valy wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:04 pm
alanyu wrote:
chiumomo wrote:

Would not that be per wheel? Image
:o TYTT I don't know whether it's for pair or per. :oops: I hope it's for per wheel.

On the picture you can see my rear Pro one 28c after 2000km, 50% well-paved road, 25% bumpy road, 15% unpaved road and 10% off-road, no puncture so far. It still looks nice. The left side wears more than the right side due to the weekly evening race here. 960m * 15~20 laps. :unbelievable:
rear P1 after .jpg

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

Nefarious86 wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:28 pm
willmac wrote:Is that really the same tire? Looks like grey sidewalls, not tan
Alloy brake schmutz

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Oh yeah that's the same tire, and it has been wiped several times. I went through a set of brake pads in three days. The guys on disc went through pads in two days. Descending so steep, wet, rough, and technical you could never let the bike go. Horrendous roads, always wet, often raining and mud, sand, grime, pureed plant debris, and indeed alloy "schmutz" - well put Nefarious.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com