Look 795 Blade RS vs Spesh Venge Pro

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

CAAD8FRED

by CAAD8FRED

Trying to decide between the two. Venge is lighter and more aero, but Look is supposedly more comfortable. Does anyone have any experience on both frames? No LOOK dealer in my area currently has the Blade but can order it so I can’t test it myself.

cajer

by cajer

Or you can get the Madone that’s more comfortable and more aero (with rim brakes)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CAAD8FRED

by CAAD8FRED

cajer wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:56 pm
Or you can get the Madone that’s more comfortable and more aero (with rim brakes)
The industry is moving away from rim, I don’t see the purpose in staying on it.

cajer

by cajer

Just because the industry is moving away from rim, to make everyone buy new equipment doesn’t mean the new equipment is any better. But either way there’s a disc Madone, and the specialized bike is somehow more expensive the the already expensive Madone

cyclotripper

by cyclotripper

Get the one that you think looks nicer. For me, I'd take the look. Its a bit more unique - and there are some nice paint jobs. I sort of like that Look has their own factory.

C36

by C36

CAAD8FRED wrote:
cajer wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:56 pm
The industry is moving away from rim, I don’t see the purpose in staying on it.
Sarcastic mode on: “the industry want me to do something, I do t see the point thinking if that’s what I need “Image

If you need them (plenty of debate around the topic), go for them, if it’s to follow a trend...

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

cajer wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:59 am
Just because the industry is moving away from rim, to make everyone buy new equipment doesn’t mean the new equipment is any better. But either way there’s a disc Madone, and the specialized bike is somehow more expensive the the already expensive Madone

In the US, both top spec bikes are $12.5K, but the Venge comes with a PM crankset. Other models are roughly the same price.

There's a huge difference in frameset pricing though, I'll give you that. The Madone SLR frameset costs $3900 + $300 (stem) + $400 (bars). The Venge frameset costs a whopping $5500 (includes stem) + $300 (Aerofly II bars).

CAAD8FRED

by CAAD8FRED

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:19 am
cajer wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:59 am

In the US, both top spec bikes are $12.5K, but the Venge comes with a PM crankset. Other models are roughly the same price.

There's a huge difference in frameset pricing though, I'll give you that. The Madone SLR frameset costs $3900 + $300 (stem) + $400 (bars). The Venge frameset costs a whopping $5500 (includes stem) + $300 (Aerofly II bars).
So between the Look and the Spesh which would you take?

kgt

by kgt

I 'd go for the Look. It is much more interesting frame IMHO and the manufacturing quality is certainly better.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

I take it you trust low wage Tunisians more than low wage Chinese people to smush prepreg cutouts into a mold. Raoul Luescher definitely wasn’t impressed by the last Look frame he cut up. Time on the other hand...

Sock3t

by Sock3t

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:01 am
I take it you trust low wage Tunisians more than low wage Chinese people to smush prepreg cutouts into a mold. Raoul Luescher definitely wasn’t impressed by the last Look frame he cut up. Time on the other hand...
I agree with this guy, and I never want to agree with this guy. But I am now.

JBeauBikes2

by JBeauBikes2

If it matters at all, the Venge Pro is actually the S-Works level frame, just doesn’t say it.

bearapy

by bearapy

TobinHatesYou wrote:
My 795 blade was made in Taiwan :unbelievable:
Time makes their frames in house so it is assumed to have better QC? I did look into time but they did not have an aero disc frame on offer.

kgt

by kgt

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Look owns the factory in Tunisia, it is not outsourcing to a contractor like Spesh does in Taiwan (or China). My experience also is that Look frames are rather well made in contrast to Spesh. Hambini's test on bb tolerances confirms that.
Now, if new Look frames are made in Taiwan (I have not seen one)... that's another story.

bearapy

by bearapy

kgt wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:48 am
TobinHatesYou wrote:
Look owns the factory in Tunisia, it is not outsourcing to a contractor like Spesh does in Taiwan (or China). My experience also is that Look frames are rather well made in contrast to Spesh. Hambini's test on bb tolerances confirms that.
Now, if new Look frames are made in Taiwan (I have not seen one)... that's another story.
:noidea: some 795 blades were made in Tunisia but they are limited. No sticker on the bike itself but massive made in Taiwan on the box.
Attachments
439A9E99-C55E-4270-A67B-0EF047FC0301.jpeg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com