Most accurate and reliable HR strap?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Ivan

by Ivan

I do have two straps, and put one in the wash, while wearing the other.
I may get banned from the site for this but ... you wash your HRM strap ? I have two, a tacx (BT and ANT+) and a Garmin that came stock with my edge 810. None of those 2 has ever seen a washing machine. The Garmin is at least 4 years old and I average about 600 to 800 hours per year between running, commuting, MTB and road.
He ride a bike instead of a car I wanna be his friend
Golden Earring - Going to the run

TonyM

by TonyM

Dito

I always clean my straps right after riding, by hands with warm water and some soap.

Long battery life, no odours/smell etc...

Really amazed about some posts in this thread...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Priit

by Priit

Ivan wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:59 pm

I may get banned from the site for this but ... you wash your HRM strap ? I have two, a tacx (BT and ANT+) and a Garmin that came stock with my edge 810. None of those 2 has ever seen a washing machine. The Garmin is at least 4 years old and I average about 600 to 800 hours per year between running, commuting, MTB and road.
Right! Washing destroys expensive equipment and garments. I never wash my cycling pants either. I’ve 4 pairs of cycling pants and simply rotate them. Few days in the closet is enough for a self cleaning process as good bacteria who live in the pants eat all the fat and sweat that gets there from the arse skin when cycling.

3Pio

by 3Pio

Priit wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:40 pm
Ivan wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:59 pm

Right! Washing destroys expensive equipment and garments. I never wash my cycling pants either. I’ve 4 pairs of cycling pants and simply rotate them. Few days in the closet is enough for a self cleaning process as good bacteria who live in the pants eat all the fat and sweat that gets there from the arse skin when cycling.

Also good thing with not washing the pants at all there is build up of custom shape layer after a while which make then even more comfier.. Bad thing is as this custom layer build up, less people want to ride with u.... But who cares, u become stronger since u ride alone in the wind and u are more trendy.. Since trendy is Aero, and Aero riding alone in the wind is really important (and trendy :) )....

Another trendy thing with this is u need a Disks after a while to break this layer if u want and Disks are also trendy this days... So Kudos for everyone not washing pants at all

:)

AJS914

by AJS914

TonyM wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:15 pm
Dito

I always clean my straps right after riding, by hands with warm water and some soap.

Long battery life, no odours/smell etc...

Really amazed about some posts in this thread...Image

Me too! I blast my strap with a spray of water from the tap and then set it to dry. Every once in a great while I through the fabric part into the washing machine. No smells and no problems - going on 7 years with this Garmin strap.