Bora WTO

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
zappafile123

by zappafile123

I just ordered a pair - I'll let ya'll know how they compare to the 2019 Zipp Firecrests and Roval CLX50s I have in the next few weeks.

At first they're going to go on the Enigma, but I might transfer them over to the Tarmac and set them uptubeless to increase the comfort. But we'll see...
FactorOne|SartoSeta|StorckF.3|Enigma EliteHSS|SworksSL6|ColnagoC60/V3Rs|DeRosa Protos|BianchiXR4/2|BMCSLR01 16|Cdale EvoHM|Focus IzMax|RidleyHe SL/SLX|BH Ulight|BassoDiamante|Scapin DyseysS8|TimeRXRS/ZXRS|TCR SL|RidleyNoah|Look585|CerveloS5/S3

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Nicely done upgrade.
Except you’ve got the punch going in backwards in this pic below... the smaller tapered end should go in first, which will ensure the lip of the extractor stays in secure contact with the lip of the cups when you punch it out and that the force is nicely centered...
ParisCarbon wrote: Image
Ready to knock the USB cups out
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

I releized this after I took the pic, then flipped it over.. good point though in case anyone else is doing the upgrade!

duckit

by duckit

Hi guys !

Anyone has any idea if modern Colnago Master X-light is able to clear the Bora WTO 45 ( H x W): 45/26,5 mm ).
I only have information that the Master is able to clear 25mm tyre.

Ive seen the master with below wheelsets

- Bora Ultra 50 : 24.2mm width
- Lightweight Meilenstein : 20mm width

Thank you !

ichobi

by ichobi

zappafile123 wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:31 pm
I just ordered a pair - I'll let ya'll know how they compare to the 2019 Zipp Firecrests and Roval CLX50s I have in the next few weeks.

At first they're going to go on the Enigma, but I might transfer them over to the Tarmac and set them uptubeless to increase the comfort. But we'll see...
am looking forward to hear your opinion. I run CLX32 and looking to go for WTO 45. Roval's only bad point is wet weather braking. If the AC3 is proven to be much better then I might be willing to try the WTO even though it's around 200g weight gain.

bruno2000

by bruno2000

ichobi wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:40 pm
zappafile123 wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:31 pm

am looking forward to hear your opinion. I run CLX32 and looking to go for WTO 45. Roval's only bad point is wet weather braking. If the AC3 is proven to be much better then I might be willing to try the WTO even though it's around 200g weight gain.
One might think the Bora Ultra 35 or Bora One 35 compare better to the CLX32's?

ichobi

by ichobi

Am looking to go deeper so that's the reason I won't be picking up the 35mm.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

crlincoln

by crlincoln

Does anyone know if they will be releasing deep section Bora WTO for Disc either 60 or 77 equivalent to the rim version?

I'm ordering a pair of the 45' disc s, but had a thought next year of poentially runnnng a deeper rear as well...

nismosr

by nismosr

What are the chances they'll come out with a Tubular version ?
2020 Colnago C64 Mapei-SR12 EPS-WTO 60
2021 Basso Diamante SV-SR12 Disc EPS-WTO 60
2023 Colnago G3X-SRAM AXS Force-Levante

guyc

by guyc

None at all from they've said already. They've tested tubeless to be faster.

kevinw

by kevinw

A tubular version could be alot lighter but i think that they would have to completely re-design them if they wanted to get the same aero benefit because the profile of tubular tyres would be different.

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

crlincoln wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:31 pm
Does anyone know if they will be releasing deep section Bora WTO for Disc either 60 or 77 equivalent to the rim version?

I'm ordering a pair of the 45' disc s, but had a thought next year of poentially runnnng a deeper rear as well...
Emailed Campy USA and asked em about WTO 60 discs last week... was told there was nothing planned

WESTMOTORSPORTS

by WESTMOTORSPORTS

Are there any shops that have WTO 45 disc wheels ready to ship? Having a hard time finding a set.

kevinw

by kevinw

WESTMOTORSPORTS wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:54 pm
Are there any shops that have WTO 45 disc wheels ready to ship? Having a hard time finding a set.
Where are you based? I think vannillabikes has some.

https://www.vanillabikes.com/products/c ... r-wheelset

crlincoln

by crlincoln

WESTMOTORSPORTS wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:54 pm
My lbs got me a set which I picked up this week with an XDR freehub on as well... but I think they deal direct with the distributor. Need to setup this weekend...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com