Powermeter order bitching!!

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

dgasmd

by dgasmd

I’m seriously mystified as to how hard it seems one must work to give your money to sellers of products. Emailed Stages 9110 times trying to get some questions answered before ordering the “send me your crank for refit” powermeter. Never got a reply. Ordered through the website and till couldn’t get some questions answered 36 hr later simply cancelled the order. Then, I went the p2m route. Seems it takes these guy a week to half answer any questions. Seriously disappointed as I was trying to buy 2 of them at the tune of $2800!! Yet, nothing...... then I went the SRM route. Apparently, they don’t answer any faster either. WTF!!!!! Can someone please just take my money??? Is this a normal experience? Because if it is, I can only imagine what it will take when/if I ever have a warranty or claim issue!!

Success story? I have powertap hub that after several wheel rebuilt and several rebuilt. daría well out of warranty for free it works like day one!! These guys answer the same day and get it done in no time!!!!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

dgasmd wrote:Can someone please just take my money??? Is this a normal experience?
Address pm’d. I promise I will cash the check as soon as it arrives. Lol
Sometimes when I needed to get in touch with some kind of support, I’d just call the sales guys, because...
1) the support guys are usually “busy”, and mostly you’ll just be asked to leave a message;
2) the support guys have strict orders that if the sales line rings while they’re on a support call, that they should tell the person asking for support that they’ll call back later (maybe) and immediately answer the sales call to well, uh, take your money;
3) If a Sales guy actually answers and finds out you don’t want to buy something right away, they can’t transfer you over to support fast enough, or at least a different sales guy. In any case, it likely won’t be who you need to talk to.

So your experience is a rather puzzling turn of events for sure. Nonetheless, I will await the arrival of your money and cash it promptly.

In the meantime, I hope you had a pleasant support experience and please feel free to contact us with any further questions you may have.
Press 7 to repeat these options, as our numbers have changed.
Thank you.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

ichobi

by ichobi

I had to email srm a few times before they decided i am worthy enough of their time.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Sometimes an old-fashioned phone call can work best.
Last edited by TobinHatesYou on Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sock3t

by Sock3t

dgasmd wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:47 am
I’m seriously mystified as to how hard it seems one must work to give your money to sellers of products. Emailed Stages 9110 times trying to get some questions answered before ordering the “send me your crank for refit” powermeter. Never got a reply. Ordered through the website and till couldn’t get some questions answered 36 hr later simply cancelled the order. Then, I went the p2m route. Seems it takes these guy a week to half answer any questions. Seriously disappointed as I was trying to buy 2 of them at the tune of $2800!! Yet, nothing...... then I went the SRM route. Apparently, they don’t answer any faster either. WTF!!!!! Can someone please just take my money??? Is this a normal experience? Because if it is, I can only imagine what it will take when/if I ever have a warranty or claim issue!!

Success story? I have powertap hub that after several wheel rebuilt and several rebuilt. daría well out of warranty for free it works like day one!! These guys answer the same day and get it done in no time!!!!
Do you always cry this much?

I bought a pioneer from Power meter city. I paid them, the next day it was on my doorstep. Installed that night and perfect to the next day.

Butcher
Shop Owner

by Butcher

Camillo is starting to make power meters. He'll be more than happy to take your money and NOT cancel the order.

Johnny Rad

by Johnny Rad

Butcher wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:46 am
Camillo is starting to make power meters. He'll be more than happy to take your money and NOT cancel the order.
Funny. Not funny!

:twisted:

alcatraz

by alcatraz

Welcome to the future. Soon there'll be no people left to answer emails, only automated replies.

GothicCastle

by GothicCastle

dgasmd wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:47 am
Apparently, they don’t answer any faster either. WTF!!!!! Can someone please just take my money??? Is this a normal experience?
It’s not them; it’s you.

dgasmd

by dgasmd

oldnslow2 wrote:Feel better?
Yes, I doImageImageImage
Butcher wrote:Camillo is starting to make power meters. He'll be more than happy to take your money and NOT cancel the order.
Now, THAT was funny!!

Normally, I do call places instead of emailing. However, some of us have the fortune/misfortune of being busy enough during regular working hrs that we cannot get to making calls about issues of lesser priority in the day. Add time zone differences to that!! This is an experience with cycling products I’ve never had before and in a lot of contrast to my PT/Saris experience.

Berzin1

by Berzin1

I went through this with my beloved Cyfac. Seems as if the company has no cohesive US presence, and there is no use calling them directly as I do not speak french.

I'm not talking about weeks or months here. I'm talking over the span of a couple of YEARS of no replies to simple, basic questions.

They supposedly have a website coming out any day now, and if I had waited from when I first heard about it I could have walked to the moon and back and still no website.

I originally was going to order a Cyfac aluminum frame, but because there was no one home I went with another company.

That's life.

As for power meters, Favero are excellent at customer service before and after sales. There are other companies that will gladly get you what you need without the headaches.

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

It may just be that time of year.. pick the one you realllly want and get on the phone with em... in all honesty, had conversations with all 3.I own P2Max and SRM models, and both have been excellent dealing with.. Stages was good to deal with as well over email.. I just decided I didn't want a single side PM otherwise I probably would have ordered it over my Exakt pedals.. I needed that 12s SR crank on my bike... sooooo sweeeeet <insert homer simpson drool here>

dgasmd

by dgasmd

ParisCarbon wrote:It may just be that time of year.. pick the one you realllly want and get on the phone with em... in all honesty, had conversations with all 3.I own P2Max and SRM models, and both have been excellent dealing with.. Stages was good to deal with as well over email.. I just decided I didn't want a single side PM otherwise I probably would have ordered it over my Exakt pedals.. I needed that 12s SR crank on my bike... sooooo sweeeeet <insert homer simpson drool here>
I hear you. I may have some time tomorrow to “settle all family business”!!

My limitations are that I’d like to keep the Campagnolo crank and bearings as my current SR group. Also use Time pedals and don’t want to change. Don’t want to use hub based as it limits wheel choices. The ultimate choices become limited!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Seedster

by Seedster

I recently wrote SRM and had a reply within a few hours. While only anecdotal, my experience has been consistent. Technical support walked me through the installation of the Exakt pedals after I failed to RTFM.

I would call the sales line and try to have them answer your questions. If they want the sale, they will get the answers to your quickly.