Wren bike stems

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
Methodical

by Methodical

I've read where these stems are for road bikes, but everything I seem to see shows them on MTB. Can these be used on road bikes? Are these stems worth a try? Also, I read where Wren was going with T25 bolts, did they make the switch?

Thanks...
"Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic"

Trek Emonda SLR (Rage Red) - 6.27kg
'12 Trek Madone (Black) - 6.96kg
Fujee Espree (Maroon) - 11.02kg

LeDuke

by LeDuke

Methodical wrote:I've read where these stems are for road bikes, but everything I seem to see shows them on MTB. Can these be used on road bikes? Are these stems worth a try? Also, I read where Wren was going with T25 bolts, did they make the switch?

Thanks...
An MTB stem is a road stem. Just have to make sure the clamp diameter is the same as your bars; both are likely 31.8mm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Methodical

by Methodical

Thanks. Do you know if they changed to a T25 bolt.
"Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic"

Methodical

by Methodical

I spoke to the owner (Kevin) and we had a nice long discussion about the stem and he provide some great insight, so I ordered a stem from him. The stem is very reasonably priced, strong, yet one of the lightest, if not the lightest stem on the market. At those prices, I can't go wrong giving it shot. It'll take me from 144g stem to an 83g stem - a pretty good savings for the price/value.

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

Link?

jih

by jih

97g for 110mm claimed weight - about in line with a Kalloy UNO

Methodical

by Methodical

dereksmalls wrote: ↑
Thu May 30, 2019 8:07 pm
Link?
Here you go.

https://wrensports.com/product/crazy-li ... inum-stem/

RocketRacing

by RocketRacing

I use them for my road bike, xc bike, and fat bike. Love them.

They come on an older gloss black finish with t20 bilts, or the newer matt with t25. But i think i have one gloss with t25. I think it depends on where you fet the stem and the age of the stock.

Methodical

by Methodical

I have mine installed and with the bolts it weighs 93g and use t20 bolts. I had them send a set of t25 also. The stem looks nice and is well machine with smooth edges.

by Weenie