Wahoo Element Bolt

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 7:04 pm
Which update?
Tinea Pedis wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 1:49 am
Just tweeted this to Wahoo

https://twitter.com/N_Squillari/status/ ... 4469272577

anyone else found the same recently?

"@wahoofitness reports of any ANT+ drops on your units since the latest update? Mine and others have noticed it. Dropping power (and obvs cadence too). HR also dropped but not all the time. Different power meters. No rhyme or reason to when they are dropped...."

And no reply from Wahoo (on Twitter)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

commendatore

by commendatore

1415chris wrote: Withe the Etap, since there are four batteries, it is a bit tricker to show battery life as such ;)
Therefore no such an option, only computer and phone battery.
It wasn’t tricky for Garmin, who logically display the charge level of whichever battery is at the lowest percentage.

I thought it was a gimmick when shimano first released the digital MTB gear indicator, but now that I use the gear combination field on my garmin, I don’t want to go back. At least not as long as I run a double on the road.

wheelbuilder

by wheelbuilder

commendatore wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 1:46 am
1415chris wrote: Withe the Etap, since there are four batteries, it is a bit tricker to show battery life as such ;)
Therefore no such an option, only computer and phone battery.
It wasn’t tricky for Garmin, who logically display the charge level of whichever battery is at the lowest percentage.

I thought it was a gimmick when shimano first released the digital MTB gear indicator, but now that I use the gear combination field on my garmin, I don’t want to go back. At least not as long as I run a double on the road.
Yeah, this. Which is why I asked in the first place. The battery level display on my 520 is indispensable to me. Love it. It reads the lowest charged battery of the 2 derailleur batteries.
Never cheer before you know who is winning

moonoi

by moonoi

CrankAddictsRich wrote:Which update? I can't remember the last time mine updated, but I haven't been experiencing any issues.
The latest update is WB15-2671

This is about the 3rd or 4th update since the new companion app was released. When that came out there was an update to the bolt that screwed up the avg cadence readings for the ride...not a big deal but was odd since my avg cadence for a few weeks was higher than my max! That's now fixed, but now getting dropouts.

This issue reminds me of a similar issue they had about a year or so back, exactly the same issue with BTLE and ANT+ sensors dropping out for random.periods of time....did someone manage to back out the fix for that in the latest update?

Sent from my Phone 2 using Tapatalk

Woland

by Woland

I got my Wahoo Elemnt Bolt in October 2017 have been very happy with it. The Bolt replaced a Garmin 520 that I got rid of after the battery had reduced to 6-7 hours on a single charge. I've just realized that my Bolt has reached the point where the battery life is drastically reduced to approx. 6-7 hours at the ambient temperature of 20°C and backlight set at 10 seconds.

I've used the Bolt for approx. 450 hours and an estimated 100 charge cycles or so. The battery life is now on the same level that prompted me to sell the 520. I'm disappointed with that. I really like the Bolt, but can't live with 6 or 7 hour battery life.

Has anyone else experienced the same with their Bolt?

Is it possible to get a replacement battery for the Bolt?

Based on my experiences with both the 520 and the Bolt, is this just what the way it is with these devices with small batteries, that their useful service life seems to be 500 hours, give or take, before battery life is drops to practically half of the original?

tnc1970

by tnc1970

moonoi wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 4:14 pm
That's now fixed, but now getting dropouts.

This issue reminds me of a similar issue they had about a year or so back, exactly the same issue with BTLE and ANT+ sensors dropping out for random.periods of time....did someone manage to back out the fix for that in the latest update?
Same here... getting dropouts in the powermeter readings (ANT+, both Stages and Specialized)

Woland

by Woland

Woland wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 6:37 pm
I got my Wahoo Elemnt Bolt in October 2017 have been very happy with it. The Bolt replaced a Garmin 520 that I got rid of after the battery had reduced to 6-7 hours on a single charge. I've just realized that my Bolt has reached the point where the battery life is drastically reduced to approx. 6-7 hours at the ambient temperature of 20°C and backlight set at 10 seconds.

I've used the Bolt for approx. 450 hours and an estimated 100 charge cycles or so. The battery life is now on the same level that prompted me to sell the 520. I'm disappointed with that. I really like the Bolt, but can't live with 6 or 7 hour battery life.

Has anyone else experienced the same with their Bolt?

Is it possible to get a replacement battery for the Bolt?

Based on my experiences with both the 520 and the Bolt, is this just what the way it is with these devices with small batteries, that their useful service life seems to be 500 hours, give or take, before battery life is drops to practically half of the original?
Another day and another ride later, the battery life seems to back to its normal +10 hour range. Must have been just an incorrect reading, for whatever reason.

DartanianX

by DartanianX

I had an issue for a couple of weeks or so where my Bolt showed my power to be 1.5-2x higher than a ELEMNT connected to the same power meter (SRM).

Latest update seems to have fixed this and I'm back to being a mortal wattage wise.

MichaelB

by MichaelB

DartanianX wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 11:30 am
I had an issue for a couple of weeks or so where my Bolt showed my power to be 1.5-2x higher than a ELEMNT connected to the same power meter (SRM).

Latest update seems to have fixed this and I'm back to being a mortal wattage wise.
Had a ride last week where I had a max of 1,966 Watts. :shock:

Somehow thought I was a world class sprinter. Thanks for shattering my world :cry:

dricked

by dricked

Switched to the bolt from a 510 and couldn’t be happier. Easier to read, better layout, simpler to use, and just a great experience with it from the get go. And it’s lighter ;)

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

dricked wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 5:58 pm
Switched to the bolt from a 510 and couldn’t be happier. Easier to read, better layout, simpler to use, and just a great experience with it from the get go. And it’s lighter ;)
Yes... from the 510, the Bolt is HUGE upgrade... less so if coming form te 520/820 and arguably a downgrade from the newest Garmin stuff. Not knocking the Bolt, I love mine. I had my hands on the 530/830's recently and Garmin has a done a LOT to streamline the setup process and refine the user experience... Im sure mostly in response to how good the Wahoo stuff is. When there is competition, we win. I've heard the Roam is great, but Wahoo had some growing pains with people breaking the mounts that they shipped with... apparently, they're re-boxing with an all new mount so the market is lacking in stock at the moment.

miltmaster3

by miltmaster3

I have 830 edge I use to have bold ! Garmin 830 is far far away ........ I thing it is a mat move

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
πατα τραβα ρε

sfo423

by sfo423

Anyone had good luck buying an out front (attacehd to stem, not bar) off of eBay (for the Bolt)? Seems hit or miss..........

Need something for a Most stem and the OEM iMost is ~$60. A bit more than I want to pay for a tester.

jever98

by jever98

sfo423 wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:02 am
Anyone had good luck buying an out front (attacehd to stem, not bar) off of eBay (for the Bolt)? Seems hit or miss..........

Need something for a Most stem and the OEM iMost is ~$60. A bit more than I want to pay for a tester.
I have a k-edge one lying around that I used for the Elemnt on a bar combo. No longer have the bar combo. Ping me if interested (it doesnt have the "aero" lower, though)
----
No longer in the industry

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com