Camera Mounts and Assorted 3D Printed Parts

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderator: Moderator Team

WheresWaldo

by WheresWaldo

So interesting thing that Shapeways is going to be setting up. Apparently they want to extend their reach and will be selling certain items through Amazon Marketplace. I was sent an email indicating that some of my models would be included in their offerings. I have no idea which items, but it will basically be the same as purchasing directly through the Shapeways site but from Amazon instead. Exciting times ahead.

by Weenie

Mep

by Mep

WheresWaldo wrote:@Mep,
I usually don't try to compete directly with items sold by OEMs. Don't like getting calls from the guys in blue suits.
Hey I have a blue suit and if given your number, will keep calling until you agree to make one. :D Seriously though, it would be a weight weenies godsend and probably wouldn't directly compete with Trek's offering since yours wouldn't have the cable adjuster. If you'd be willing to take a crack at designing one, I'd be more than willing to provide measurements/photos/etc. If not it's all good, no harm asking.

WheresWaldo

by WheresWaldo

First accessory for the new Wahoo Roam, it is a replacement bottom cover with integrated Di2 Junction 'A' mount, http://shpws.me/Renk

kode54

by kode54

WheresWaldo wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 4:39 pm
So interesting thing that Shapeways is going to be setting up. Apparently they want to extend their reach and will be selling certain items through Amazon Marketplace. I was sent an email indicating that some of my models would be included in their offerings. I have no idea which items, but it will basically be the same as purchasing directly through the Shapeways site but from Amazon instead. Exciting times ahead.
That's great. You deserve some extra exposure. Plus, you have a slew of products that caters to a wide audience. Hope it goes well.
- Factor 02 Disc + DA9170 + Enve 4.5AR CK CL hubs
- Moots Vamoots Disc RSL Titanium + DA9170 + Enve 3.4AR CK CL hubs
- Parlee Altum + DA9150 + Enve SES 4.5 Ene carbon hubs
- Argonaut Spacebike 2.0 + DA9170 + Enve SES 5.6 DT Swiss 240 CL hubs

whatleytom

by whatleytom

I've seen you have a barfly mini wahoo mount, have you been asked or thought of doing a mount for the current t venge?

The current mount is very unaero, and should be relatively easy to replicate. It's like the barfly mini, but has a thinner attachment arm.

I'd certainly buy one if you were able to mock one up for shapeways.

WheresWaldo

by WheresWaldo

@whatleytom, I don't know what the Venge mount looks like. If I had one in hand for a few days I could likely duplicate it for both the BOLT and now ROAM.

whatleytom

by whatleytom

WheresWaldo wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 8:17 pm
@whatleytom, I don't know what the Venge mount looks like. If I had one in hand for a few days I could likely duplicate it for both the BOLT and now ROAM.
Had a look around and I can't find a replacement item. Will speak to Specialized. I would send you mine, but am in the UK so a bit worried it might take a long while to get it there and back.

AndreLM

by AndreLM

Isn't the Venge mount compatible with the Barfly "standard"?

Enviado de meu SM-G950F usando o Tapatalk

whatleytom

by whatleytom

its made by them, so I expect so. But its a much different design to the ones they sell themselves.

WheresWaldo

by WheresWaldo

whatleytom wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 9:36 pm
WheresWaldo wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 8:17 pm
Had a look around and I can't find a replacement item. Will speak to Specialized. I would send you mine, but am in the UK so a bit worried it might take a long while to get it there and back.
If you can get me a Specialized part number, I might be able to see if a local bike shop has them here in the US. You aren't talking about this one?

whatleytom

by whatleytom

That's the mount I was referring to yes.

If the existing one on shapeways fits, is there anyway to make it more like the specialized supplied one? E.g. with that thinner piece attaching to the stem?

WheresWaldo

by WheresWaldo

Only if you want it to vibrate a lot. Because aluminum vs 3D printed nylon

If you are not in a rush, I am redesigning it a bit, but won't be until June.

by Weenie

whatleytom

by whatleytom

Ok cool, will wait until June and buy one then. Thanks