Are We Getting A New Cannondale Supersix?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

The CAAD13 clearly has Direct Mount brakes, predictably the Evo too.

The seatpost is tightened with a wedge, but the bolt is underneat at a 45° angle like on the Synapse, SystemSix, SuperX, F-Si so it's easily accessible even with torque wrenches.

Jugi

by Jugi

Mep wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 2:03 am
Pains me a little to see the exact same silhouette as just about every other manufacturer (dropped seatstays, Kammtail shapes), but guess they gotta do what they need to do to keep up.
It’s borderline scary how closely that spyshot’s bike’s rear triangle resembles the Tarmac SL6. Only the seatpost bolt missing on the upperside of the toptube gives it away.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

Some media outlets are in Germany as we speak to ride the new Evo apparently... no clue when the embargo will be lifted though.

andreas

by andreas

Dan Gerous wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 6:31 pm
Some media outlets are in Germany as we speak to ride the new Evo apparently... no clue when the embargo will be lifted though.
28th of June they say, 1 week before TDF.

wolfesquire

by wolfesquire

Dan Gerous wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 5:30 pm

The seatpost is tightened with a wedge, but the bolt is underneat at a 45° angle like on the Synapse, SystemSix, SuperX, F-Si so it's easily accessible even with torque wrenches.
download/file.php?id=74525&mode=view

^ this photo shows the front brake as not being direct mount.

hlvd

by hlvd

wolfesquire wrote:
Dan Gerous wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 5:30 pm

download/file.php?id=74525&mode=view

^ this photo shows the front brake as not being direct mount.
They look like direct mount even though there's a central hole in the fork.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

Direct mount brakes but the CAAD13 has fender mounts front and rear, which is what that central hole in the fork is for. Same as my old CAAD9 CX bike, the fork has canti brake studs but it still has a central hole on the back of the fork to attach a fender.

It would be quite dumb to have a direct mount brake on the rear (which you can clearly see on that CAAD13 photo) and not on the front where a stiffer, better brake is more important.

BagelMaster

by BagelMaster

Dan Gerous wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 9:09 pm
Direct mount brakes but the CAAD13 has fender mounts front and rear, which is what that central hole in the fork is for. Same as my old CAAD9 CX bike, the fork has canti brake studs but it still has a central hole on the back of the fork to attach a fender.

It would be quite dumb to have a direct mount brake on the rear (which you can clearly see on that CAAD13 photo) and not on the front where a stiffer, better brake is more important.
Beat me too the punch. The picture of the disc model, which is only the frame, the eyelets for fender mounts are visible. IMO I think that's a great a addition for the CAAD line when many people use it as a foul-weather/winter bike. I vaguely remember someone saying clearance up to 32 tires as well (probably without fenders). Factor in good racing geometry and you may have a killer do-it-all bike for folks getting into cycling to some seasoned amateur racers.

I saw Peter Stetina won the Belgian Waffle Ride gravel race running 28s on a Trek Madone and in road shoes. I definitely think a CAAD with 32s could function on that type of terrain really well while still being able to swap to faster tires for your pure road rides.

BagelMaster

by BagelMaster

I was linked to a post by a French Cycling Journo which included a picture of EF Rider Mitch Docker in Germany with a bike in the background. Perhaps this is a photo of the assumed demonstration/showcase of the new SuperSix to journalists in Germany?

Instagram Post: https://www.instagram.com/p/BxvJ5ssCUfT ... 39d38pmffr
Attachments
60727721_2312384049002404_1041603285882760979_n.jpg

bilwit

by bilwit

Dan Gerous wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 4:48 pm
The problem with dropped stays and rim brakes, awful rear brake cable routing.
makes for a great excuse to buy DM EE brakes (angled cable entry point) 8)

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

bilwit wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 6:02 pm
Dan Gerous wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 4:48 pm
The problem with dropped stays and rim brakes, awful rear brake cable routing.
makes for a great excuse to buy DM EE brakes (angled cable entry point) 8)
:thumbup:
BagelMaster wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 5:51 pm
I was linked to a post by a French Cycling Journo which included a picture of EF Rider Mitch Docker in Germany with a bike in the background. Perhaps this is a photo of the assumed demonstration/showcase of the new SuperSix to journalists in Germany?

Yes, Mitch is at the media launch.
Last edited by Dan Gerous on Thu May 23, 2019 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ichobi

by ichobi

BagelMaster wrote:
I was linked to a post by a French Cycling Journo.....
Definitely it. The chainstay shape is quite unique, quite like the ones they have on Synapse. (curved inside). The outline looks like Venge / Tarmac from afar, which is a shame. Hope to see the front end soon.

CAAD8FRED

by CAAD8FRED

BagelMaster wrote:

Either it’s distorted or that seatpost is pretty darn aero

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

CAAD8FRED wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 7:02 pm
BagelMaster wrote:

It looks wider than it is because of the blur, but yeah, round/oval front section to a squared off back. You can see it well on the other picture of Micheal Woods' bike that was posted previous page.

Not sure if the blurry bikes in the background are CAAD13s or low spec new Evos (https://www.instagram.com/p/BxvSPvVHKJj/):
Last edited by Dan Gerous on Thu May 23, 2019 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

C36

by C36

Dan Gerous wrote:
CAAD8FRED wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 7:02 pm
BagelMaster wrote:

It looks wider than it is because of the blur, but yeah, round/oval front section to a squared off back. You can see it well on the other picture of Micheal Woods' bike that was posted previous page.

Not sure if the blurry bikes in the background are CAAD13s or low spec new Evos (https://www.instagram.com/p/BxvSPvVHKJj/):
60216952_2367598986623556_6186803936258332655_n.jpg
Page “doesn’t exist any longer”

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com