Third Time's a Charm: Litespeed T3

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

RyanH

by RyanH

glepore wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 5:36 pm
I don't get the cassette comment, as my xg's shift fine with di2. Not so well with Campy mech.
I dunno, I had two 11-28 cassettes and both had problems shifting into the middle cog in either direction. EPS shifted the cassette flawlessly as well as eTap. Di2 shifted 11-25 XG fine. It could be that both cassettes are slightly worn but serviceable which is why they work with eTap and EPS but not Di2? :noidea:

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

I'm amused how many thousands of dollars of parts from me has gone through from me to Ryan and vice versa....

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

RyanH wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 5:47 pm
glepore wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 5:36 pm
I don't get the cassette comment, as my xg's shift fine with di2. Not so well with Campy mech.
I dunno, I had two 11-28 cassettes and both had problems shifting into the middle cog in either direction. EPS shifted the cassette flawlessly as well as eTap. Di2 shifted 11-25 XG fine. It could be that both cassettes are slightly worn but serviceable which is why they work with eTap and EPS but not Di2? :noidea:
I have had atleast 5 SRAM red cassettes and I am 3 for 5 for perfect shifting... 2 of them are just how you describe ( one middlish cog was noisy or had a slight delay)
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault

Denavelo

by Denavelo

I think everyone who runs SRAM XG cassettes on non SRAM groups, have the middle cog issue... I had it on my previous version Campy SR11 Mech, but the 2015-2017 SR11 group I'm running now is fine.. I'm running a 11-28 XG1190 casette and it shifts perfect in the middle of the range.

I suspect QC lack of consistency with SRAM and the process of making the cassete from one peice of metal.
Rob English "Mudfoot" 29er | Focus Izalco Max | Firefly #194 Stainless XCR | Firefly #277 | Neilpryde Bura SL 11.9 | Crust Evasion Lite

RyanH

by RyanH

pdlpsher1 wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 5:15 am
It's crazy to see so many bikes come and go...
The price of the hunt for the unicorn bike (or the price to keep me entertained). I knew when I had this bike that it was as close to my perfect bike as I felt was out there. It was my experiment with disc that led to this frame being let go. There was an underlying motive though at the time as I didn't let this frame go because I was confident that disc was for me, but because if the Wilier didn't work out, then I'd finally be able to justify upgrading to the T1sl (outlaying an additional $3K just to save 200g was impossible to justify). However, 3300 miles later on the T1sl, it just didn't feel the same, so I began to dabble again.

RyanH

by RyanH

Took her out for a proper thrashing since we didn't get to do our typical weekend group rides. Every bit as good as I remember it:

Pavement was still damp so I was hesitant to push the backside Mulholland descent but I got a PR today still and am sitting 11th overall.

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

Nice. So can you reveal the real name of Thorfinn-Sassquatch?

RyanH

by RyanH

ericoschmitt

by ericoschmitt

RyanH wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 10:15 pm

The price of the hunt for the unicorn bike (or the price to keep me entertained).
The unicorn bike... Luckly I've found mine to be cheaper :)
But yours is just amazing.

Wanting 3x11 I only had Campy Athena as an option, and it's cheap.
Then I wanted Columbus Life custom steel... not cheap, but cheaper than the highest end carbon stuff, plus my builder is also a friend who charged less than usual.
Then some good chinese wheels from LightBicycle and alloy finishing kit as I don't trust carbon bars...
And I don't really care my bike weigths 7.5kg since its fast already. And PURPLE!

I guess I'm lucky that I can't have things like THM fibula cranks since they only have double rings, and no fancy electronic groupsets!
Now I've got the bike I wanted I'm probably spending my spare money on hang gliding from now on.
Maybe you could try that and accept your bike is just finished?... There's more life out there too.

4151zero

by 4151zero

RyanH wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 1:58 am
Nick Brandt Sorensen

https://www.usada.org/nick-brandt-soren ... etime-ban/
His clothing line looks rather good tho!

owlbass

by owlbass

RyanH wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 5:43 pm
I wouldn't say "better" but more just a reflection of what new components I'm trying at the moment as well as my preferences for known good components. The image you linked had 404s, which I would never ride again and while Campy SR mechanical is a good mechanical group, I find it limits my ability to shift while sprinting which utlimately makes me slower and that Quarq clashed with the rest of the bike (and eventually died, as did all my other Quarqs).

Right now, these are preferred components and mostly stay the same among my current bikes:
-Mcfk saddle, I found this saddle to be significantly better than the Berk saddle. Better support, no numbness after an hour or two, and looks better.
-SRM...mostly because it's an SRM and I've had the least issues with SRM.
-Electronic shifting. I find it handles shifting under loads and hard efforts better and I can adjust while riding the bike.
-A very stiff stem (pro vibe 7s or Zipp sprint)
-Campy Boras and Veloflex tires (I have a rotation of wheels but if I could only keep one, it'd be these)

Relatively new components that I'm trying are:
-Alptitude cages
-Darimo T2 Setback post
-S Works 38cm bars

Items subject to change:
-Bars...these are on loan from dudemanppl and I have Haero Carbon 38cm coming Wed. I like the profile of the S works though, look significantly better from the side than 3T.
-Stem? I need the 140mm due to the shorter reach on eTap but I may go back to a Pro 7s stem. Maybe 140mm if the reach on the Haero is the same as S works.
How’s the darimo post been treating you?

RyanH

by RyanH

So far so good. It hasn't slipped or needed adjustment since originally setting it up. Rode 240 miles last week and I think a hair above 200 the week before.

RyanH

by RyanH

For those curious about the radio silence (it's been a month without a new bike... I'm not dead), I found something else to channel my constant desire to tinker and improve upon:

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

true money pit.... a boat next ?
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault

godzuki26

by godzuki26

Nice! Hey 1 x carbon PCCB rotor $5,300 vs 1 x Dura Ace rotor $67.99.
:arrow: BH Ultralight
:arrow: Litespeed Ghisallo
:arrow: Scott Addict Singlespeed

ImageCannondale Evo HiMod
ImageFelt AR FRD

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com