Looking for a new fork, Colnago extreme power

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Sykkelknut

by Sykkelknut

Hi there, my first post here!
I just got a colnago extreme power with a star carbon fork in italian colors.
Last owner have crushed the stem against the steerer tube so im looking for a new fork.
I tried first looking for a after market one with the same color, but its kind of impossible.
I asked at sigma sports, maestro uk, r & a usa, i also called colnago dealers here in norway. There are a few ebay sellers with star forks but im not sure if i should risk buying a 2 nd hand carbon fork, anyway its 58s size so few used forks will have enough length, as most are cutted already.

As i have managed to find out ; (the colnago.com website is very limited in support/info on old bikes)
Its 1 1/8 , threadless, non tapered/straight, offset/rake is 43 mm, qr, rim brake, around 430 gr.
Not sure how to correct measure crown dia or fork lenght..
Ive been looking at a enve 2.0 fork, no clear coating or show any carbon fibre nor any italian colors but i guess i cant have everything.. the enve fork is made in asia somewhere and it does costs money. 3t forks looks ok maybe, but i havent found one that will fit! So.. i need suggestions please !
Attachments
D51F0CB1-E62A-4E8D-81C1-793BF33489CC.jpeg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

corky

by corky

Tough one......I have run an enve fork in an ep with no problems for what it’s worth, ....otherwise you need a bucket load of patience and time trawling through Ebays etc......

Sykkelknut

by Sykkelknut

Did u use the same expander nut as the original ? You wouldnt have a picture of the ep with that fork ?!
After import tax the enve fork will be about 600-700 us$, im just not sure if its worth it. But again i dont have time checking the whole internet..

Mockenrue

by Mockenrue

You should join the various Colnago groups on Facebook. There's a wealth of knowledge, experience and resource there. I'm sure someone will be able to help you out.

Sykkelknut

by Sykkelknut

Im sure there are, but i got no facebook account and will never have one. Maybe a repainted enve fork would be ok. Starbike have two ritchey forks that might fit, one at 365 and 368 mm.. While the enve is 367

Sjoerd

by Sjoerd

Would it be a possibility to have the carbon repaired, maybe also insert a thin metal sleeve in the fork while you are at it?

Sykkelknut

by Sykkelknut

I already asked norways best carbon bicycle builder (who dont even repair stem or forks) he said its broken and a metal tube will only weaken the rest of the fork. Its a crack on the top tube pipe (internal, vertical) and where the stem is clamped. To ship it overseas for repair could be a possible solution but i would also probably loose most of the summer

AJS914

by AJS914

Finding a new exactly painted and matching fork is probably impossible. Colnago hand paints those as set so even if you miraculously found a spare fork in the right color, it may not be a perfect match. Even finding a painter who could match that perfectly sounds hard (to me).

I would just get a replacement fork and just have a black fork at least for the summer season so you don't miss riding time. If you are tired of that paint scheme, you can think about a whole new modern looking custom paint job to be done during the winter.

bremerradkurier

by bremerradkurier

Here's an Asian made straight blade fork at 385 grams/45mm rake at about 300 USD.

https://alexscycle.com/collections/carb ... front-fork

joeyb1000

by joeyb1000

I would suggest a Star/Street/75 fork in natural carbon (Totalcycling has a street in stock. You could also try MaestroUK). Over the years Colnago has used unpainted forks in unpainted frames, so it won't look that out of place.

mrd

by mrd

I have a 54 traditional/horizontal top tube extreme power, in laquered carbon ( ie, plain gloss ) and have a spare matching star carbon fork in more or less perfect condition. What length of steerer tube do you need(measure from absolute top to bottom of fork crown) I have also got a matching 31.6 seatpost.

regards

Mike

Sykkelknut

by Sykkelknut

mrd wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 9:08 pm
I have a 54 traditional/horizontal top tube extreme power, in laquered carbon ( ie, plain gloss ) and have a spare matching star carbon fork in more or less perfect condition. What length of steerer tube do you need(measure from absolute top to bottom of fork crown) I have also got a matching 31.6 seatpost.

regards

Mike
Old fork is cut at 269 mm!

Sykkelknut

by Sykkelknut

I dont think i would trust a no name chinese fork, even if its from probably the same factory as others are..
maestro uk could not help me.
The colnago street fork might be a good choice, but realy it looks .. vintage ! And a quarter kg more weight than a same priced enve

mrd

by mrd

Mine is just under 220mm so no use. I think traditional frames have shorter head tubes, so I didn't think I could help. Realistically you are going to need to get new/uncut with a 58s frame.

mike

Sykkelknut

by Sykkelknut

Too bad, but thanks for checking.
Seems like i will end up with a enve fork
Dont like to go off topic but.. That bearing cup , is it glued on the colnago fork? Or is it possible to push up and reuse ..?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com