The official : "what have you bought today" topic

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

audioblazer

by audioblazer

SPEXCEL 2018 NEW Bright Orange Top Quality Short sleeve cycling jersey pro team aero cut with Newest Seamless process road mtb. This particular solid color series . Look what I found on AliExpress
http://s.aliexpress.com/2MJr2aUz
The cargo bibs is not so good . Not so flexible & thread easily broken . However it’s pretty cheap & useable

liam7020

by liam7020

audioblazer wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 6:03 am
SPEXCEL 2018 NEW Bright Orange Top Quality Short sleeve cycling jersey pro team aero cut with Newest Seamless process road mtb. This particular solid color series . Look what I found on AliExpress
The cargo bibs is not so good . Not so flexible & thread easily broken . However it’s pretty cheap & useable
Have you bought one of these? If so can you give me some idea of the sizing? Cheers.
Tarmac SL6 & Campag Record EPS https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 0&t=153968

"Sometimes you don't need a plan. You just need big balls." Tom Boonen

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

PinaRene

by PinaRene

For the Cannon:

audioblazer

by audioblazer

liam7020 wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 10:56 am
audioblazer wrote:
Have you bought one of these? If so can you give me some idea of the sizing? Cheers.
Equivalent to Rapha core or classic size even though it’s rated as aero . Pretty stretchable but not the bibs

robertbb

by robertbb

That spexcel think looks sooooo similar to Rapha... right down to the mesh between the rear pockets and the silicone hem.

AnkitS

by AnkitS

Has anyone tried the spexcel skinsuit?

tomh79

by tomh79

audioblazer wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 4:31 pm
liam7020 wrote:
audioblazer wrote:
Equivalent to Rapha core or classic size even though it’s rated as aero . Pretty stretchable but not the bibs
And Castelli? Currently have a XL Castelli jersey

KCookie

by KCookie

Cant believe I've purchased so many heavy parts considering the amount of money I've spent making my bike lighter. All items are for an Everest challenge. ImageAssos SturmPrinz to keep me warm during the cold night. ImageDinner plate cassette to help.ImageHeavy bright lights to hopefully see any Roos. Lol.ImageRD extension. ImageImage

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

ImageGPS with long battery life to last the whole ride.Image

KCookie

by KCookie

6800 4iiii PM, for my trainer bike as my Kickr is about 80w out. No wonder I was getting passed by women. Lol.Image

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

KCookie wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 6:15 am
Cant believe I've purchased so many heavy parts considering the amount of money I've spent making my bike lighter. All items are for an Everest challenge.
That's a lot of money spent for an Everest challenge. I'm also thinking about an Everest challenge this year. I already have a 11-40 cassette. I think that will be low enough with a 34 front. As for the GPS you can just recharge it while you take breaks. There's no need to get a bigger GPS. Normally with Everesting you would have a car close by with supplies. I assume your Everest attempt will be at least 6 months away since you are in the southern hemisphere?

KCookie

by KCookie

pdlpsher1 wrote:
KCookie wrote:
Cant believe I've purchased so many heavy parts considering the amount of money I've spent making my bike lighter. All items are for an Everest challenge.
That's a lot of money spent for an Everest challenge. I'm also thinking about an Everest challenge this year. I already have a 11-40 cassette. I think that will be low enough with a 34 front. As for the GPS you can just recharge it while you take breaks. There's no need to get a bigger GPS. Normally with Everesting you would have a car close by with supplies. I assume your Everest attempt will be at least 6 months away since you are in the southern hemisphere?
I know, let's hope I don't fail. I'm riding with a mate and it will be his 9th with a lot of knowledge on equipment needed so I'm in good hands. Breaking wise 11 for 15-20mins, so not enough time for my 520. GPS was only $150 and will last 30hrs. Nope riding next Saturday. Going to be cold so the Jacket will be perfect, again another bargain at $230.

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

Well good luck on your attempt. Knowledge is valuable so you’ll be in good hands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KCookie

by KCookie

pdlpsher1 wrote:Well good luck on your attempt. Knowledge is valuable so you’ll be in good hands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Many thanks. Appreciated.

Discodan

by Discodan

KCookie wrote:
pdlpsher1 wrote:
KCookie wrote:
I know, let's hope I don't fail. I'm riding with a mate and it will be his 9th with a lot of knowledge on equipment needed so I'm in good hands. Breaking wise 11 for 15-20mins, so not enough time for my 520. GPS was only $150 and will last 30hrs. Nope riding next Saturday. Going to be cold so the Jacket will be perfect, again another bargain at $230.

If it helps I did an Everest on a 520 with no problems as it can charge whilst it’s operating. I plugged an external battery pack in for a few reps and Velcro strapped it to the stem and it recharged fully. Have fun

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

audioblazer

by audioblazer

tomh79 wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 6:04 am
audioblazer wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 4:31 pm
liam7020 wrote:
audioblazer wrote:
And Castelli? Currently have a XL Castelli jersey
Tried Castelli Aero race 5.1 jersey . S, my usual size is way too small for me . If ur on XL Castelli , I suspect Spexcel, L is good enough

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com