Vittoria Graphene 2.0

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
Meyercord

by Meyercord

aeroisnteverything wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:44 pm
Just to say that after three 10 mile commute rides into London, still zero visible cuts. I am feeling much more confident riding these over the various small bits of stone and other crap on the sides of the road, as compared to Mavics. Handling is also very confidence inspiring - feel "on rails" when leaning into turns. So I think at least anectodally and in terms of perception, the grip is also superior to Mavics or Conti GP4k2s.

At this point I am really struggling to come up with something negative to say. Better grip, cut/puncture protection AND RR? What's not to like?
Just under 1000k, zero flats with one minor cut. Over the same mileage Pirelli velos had 4 flats.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Broady

by Broady

Anyone got any leads for these in the UK at a good price (tan wall)? Sigma have them but £55 is a bit steep...

aeroisnteverything

by aeroisnteverything

Broady wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:15 pm
Anyone got any leads for these in the UK at a good price (tan wall)? Sigma have them but £55 is a bit steep...
Boought my TLRs at bike-discount.de. I think they have the tan clincher as well, but did not check. Lower price, still free shipping from Germany.

ryanw
in the industry

by ryanw

R2-bike.
SL8 S-Works Project Black - 6.29kg
IG: RhinosWorkshop

sethjs

by sethjs

800 miles in on SF roads on Corsa 25 TLR.

Mostly SF and Marin county roads (read: lots of glass).
About 350 of the miles in the wet.

Grip is incredible - more confidence inspiring than anything I've previously had - wet or dry.

First 300 miles they didn't cut up. But they're starting to cut up from glass, etc, now. No punctures / sealant leak yet.

Rear tire is losing the center tread. I feel like it has about 300-500 miles left in it. Consistent with Vittoria saying longevity was down.

Super comfortable, too.

Net: best tire I've run by a mile. Currently running the clincher version of them on a trip to Majorca. Clinchers feel roughly the same as the TLR to me - but hard to tell as it's a rental bike.

torob

by torob

For those who have tested the 2.0s, had you previously run Specialized Turbo Cottons or other 'open tubular' clinchers? Turbo Cottons seemed to have held the crown for most supple.
Using Tapatalk

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

torob wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:17 pm
For those who have tested the 2.0s, had you previously run Specialized Turbo Cottons or other 'open tubular' clinchers? Turbo Cottons seemed to have held the crown for most supple.
I've run both Turbo Cottons and Corsa G+ (Just got on the 2.0's, so I can't accurately rate them yet). I'd say that Turbo Cottons had a slight edge in terms of rolling resistance, grip and supple feel, but they also felt more delicate to me. I was not comfortable using them as an everyday riding tire, while the Corsa's seemed more suited to those duties.

ryanw
in the industry

by ryanw

I had Turbo Cottons with latex for a year on my previous S5, loved them, my facourite combo.

These are better.

Meyercord

by Meyercord

CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:14 pm
torob wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:17 pm
I've run both Turbo Cottons and Corsa G+ (Just got on the 2.0's, so I can't accurately rate them yet). I'd say that Turbo Cottons had a slight edge in terms of rolling resistance, grip and supple feel, but they also felt more delicate to me. I was not comfortable using them as an everyday riding tire, while the Corsa's seemed more suited to those duties.
Completely disagree. Corsas are lighter, feel faster, without a doubt have more grip, ride better and are more durable.

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

Meyercord wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:35 pm
Completely disagree. Corsas are lighter, feel faster, without a doubt have more grip, ride better and are more durable.
You're entitled to your opinion and honestly, I can't really argue with you. I think maybe you're mis-reading what I'm trying to say. I am by no means saying that one inferior. They are soooo close, IMO, that its almost very hard to tell. From a feel standpoint, I think they feel the same. I say that Turbo Cotton's are faster only because the BRR numbers say they are, but IMO, they're super close. I think that the Corsa's are hands down better for everyday riding. I've ridden them for 2 years and find that for a super grippy race tire, they don't puncture as easily as people expect they would.

Meyercord

by Meyercord

CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:55 pm
Meyercord wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:35 pm
You're entitled to your opinion and honestly, I can't really argue with you. I think maybe you're mis-reading what I'm trying to say. I am by no means saying that one inferior. They are soooo close, IMO, that its almost very hard to tell. From a feel standpoint, I think they feel the same. I say that Turbo Cotton's are faster only because the BRR numbers say they are, but IMO, they're super close. I think that the Corsa's are hands down better for everyday riding. I've ridden them for 2 years and find that for a super grippy race tire, they don't puncture as easily as people expect they would.
If you’re talking about the v1 corsa I’m inclined to agree with you.

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

Meyercord wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:04 pm
If you’re talking about the v1 corsa I’m inclined to agree with you.
Please Go back and re-read my post.. I'm very specific about which Corsa tires I'm referring to.

Mirco

by Mirco

Are there any compares between Vittoria Graphene 2.0 25mm tubeless and Continental 5000 25mm tubeless?

I am running the 5000 25mm Tubeless on an cyclocross bike, which was used in Flandrien, for about 900km now and also the 5000 25mm tubeless on an road bike for about 1200km now, without any problems.

The main issue might be the weight of the Conti compared to the Vittoria and if the Vittoria have more or less the same puncture resistent, durability and rolling resistent I will give them a try.

ryanw
in the industry

by ryanw

GP5K TL - Silent, possibly slightly faster rolling, heavier.

Corsa 2.0 TLR - Noiser, grippier, lighter.

None of the 4 tyres have any marks or cuts on them so far after 1,000km on the GP5Ks & 500km on the Corsas.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dim

by dim

As of today, I have ridden 1,569.6km on the Continental GP5000 TL (25's), and I have ridden on poor potholed roads, in the wet and dry.

I'm impressed, and can say that I really like these. Zero punctures, and the tyres still look very good. Grip is good even in the wet. I think that there are still many miles left in these.

I have not tried the Corsa yet, but unless they are considerably faster than the Conti 5000 TL, I have no reason to try the Corsa

The only Vittoria tyres that I have used were clinchers (Vittoria open Pave), and I was not impressed with them. (my favourite clinchers that I have used on several occasions are the Specialized Turbo Cottons)

so.... I will wait to see the rolling resistance numbers and if they are much worse than the Conti, I will stick with Conti
Last edited by dim on Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trek Emonda SL6
Miyata One Thousand