Vittoria Graphene 2.0

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
cveks

by cveks

I expect to get my clinchers any day. I will mount them straight and unmount existing Corsa Graphene G+ 1.0 which had like 600 kms

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

cveks

by cveks

a20dth wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:03 am
First review I saw.

http://www.cyclesetforme.fr/test-roulem ... d-tlr-2-0/

I'm waiting to Byclicle Rolling Resistance
site under maintanance

What does it say? Rolling resistance data anyone?

aeroisnteverything

by aeroisnteverything

cveks wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:25 pm
a20dth wrote:
First review I saw.

http://www.cyclesetforme.fr/test-roulem ... d-tlr-2-0/

site under maintanance

What does it say? Rolling resistance data anyone?
Not a reader of French, but using google translate I take it that he tested a pair of tyres on rollers with 20ml of sealant on rollers at 6 bars. The tyre tested was corsa speed 2.0. Compared to the Conti 5000TL, the old corsa speeds were cumulatively 5.6 watts faster, and the 2.0 version increased that gap to 11.5 watts. From that he somehow extrapolates to difference in the real world on tarmac of 1.24 watts for corsa 1.0 vs Conti, and 2.55 watts for the corsa 2.0 version. These numbers point to a bigger difference than the BRR test, but perhaps the takeaway is that, unsurprisingly, the new version is faster by a measurable amount.

There was no test of Corsa g+, but I think it's indeed very realistic to expect that it will come in at around the same RR as the Conti TL, taking into account the effect of just taking out the tubes from the tyres and then what appears to be a faster compound on top of that.

colagreek

by colagreek

Bridgeman wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:39 pm
I've been riding on 2 pairs of tubular wheelsets with a CX in front and Graphene's in back and the CX's are full of little cuts, whereas the Graphene's have way less. After riding many miles on this combination, it's clear that the Graphene formulation is far more resistant to cuts and punctures, at least in my case.
What size 2.0 tubs are you running?

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

I got a chance to put my calipers on the Graphene 2.0 tires and measure them... I have 25's on Yoeleo C50/60 wheels. The wheels are 25mm wide at the brake track and measure 18.5-19mm internal. The 2.0's measured 26mm wide and 24mm tall. I also measured a fresh set of the G+ that I mounted on second bike and they were the same.

RocketRacing

by RocketRacing

So a bit more from josh p. From his marginal gains podcast.

F#%k... new vittoria tubeless corsa tires that were given to pros... about 4w **per wheel** faster than fastest tubular available to peleton. This is apparently from private team testing.

I wait to see what mortals can expect with the customer models, but i am interested...

dim

by dim

a20dth wrote:

I wonder why they are taking so long before testing them?
Trek Emonda SL6
Miyata One Thousand

RocketRacing

by RocketRacing

dim wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:36 pm
a20dth wrote:

Money? There was a string of conti tires tested.

May also just not be his day job.

1llum4

by 1llum4

dim wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:36 pm
a20dth wrote:

IIRC the person behind BRR never test review sample provided by the tyre company. He always buys his own sample for testing through regular online retailer or his/her LBS. It also seems to be done out of hobby with only compensation via donation or kickback from online retailer purchase link to pay his website hosting fees and tires purchase.

Meyercord

by Meyercord

RocketRacing wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:28 pm

F#%k... new vittoria tubeless corsa tires that were given to pros... about 4w **per wheel** faster than fastest tubular available to peleton. This is apparently from private team testing.

I wait to see what mortals can expect with the customer models, but i am interested...
Corsa, or corsa speed?

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

I was vaguely listening to that ep. Are you sure he said per tire?

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

Meyercord wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:11 am
RocketRacing wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:28 pm

Corsa, or corsa speed?
He was talking about this in reference to Kristoff's use of tubeless at Paris-Roubaix and referred to it as the TLR tire, so I'm assuming that he's talking about the Corsa TLR, not the "Speed". He also states that part of the reason why he believes Kristoff had flat issues at Paris-Roubaix was that he was using 25's, which other news sources have corraborated. It is not clear if these tires are the same as the ones available to the public or some test/prototye tire... Apparently each team was limited to 4 tires.

RocketRacing

by RocketRacing

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:41 am
I was vaguely listening to that ep. Are you sure he said per tire?
He said per tire!!! My eyes popped open.

They have only been referred to as corsa tlr/tubless. At slow twitch he also said they are not the customer versions, but who knows what that means. Could just be labeling, or they could have less protection to be faster still. I think “corsa” as a name is more about marketing, so that is why they are called that.

My guess is that they will be closer to corsa speeds that mortals can buy.

As much as i would like tires with the protection of the corsas, but that much improved rolling resistance... physics wins and i doubt the 2.0 compound will be that good. Like conti, there will be big gains however. But to get 4w per wheel, i think we will be flying pretty close to the sun for puncture protection and that kind of crr, thus they will more likely resemble corsa speeds.

The other question will be if the tlr will be batter than the tube clincher with latex tubes. It was about a wash for the gp5000.

RocketRacing

by RocketRacing

CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:50 am
He was talking about this in reference to Kristoff's use of tubeless at Paris-Roubaix and referred to it as the TLR tire, so I'm assuming that he's talking about the Corsa TLR, not the "Speed". He also states that part of the reason why he believes Kristoff had flat issues at Paris-Roubaix was that he was using 25's, which other news sources have corraborated. It is not clear if these tires are the same as the ones available to the public or some test/prototye tire... Apparently each team was limited to 4 tires.
Yeah. kristoff got 4th at flanders on those tires, and apparently liked them so much, that he wanted them for roubaix. But roubaix is harsher than flanders, and he got the flats. He flew
Too close to the sun, and should have run wider tires as the pave was just too much for 25’s at the speeds they ran. But two sets of 25 is all vittoria gave each team.
Last edited by RocketRacing on Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aeroisnteverything

by aeroisnteverything

Just to say that after three 10 mile commute rides into London, still zero visible cuts. I am feeling much more confident riding these over the various small bits of stone and other crap on the sides of the road, as compared to Mavics. Handling is also very confidence inspiring - feel "on rails" when leaning into turns. So I think at least anectodally and in terms of perception, the grip is also superior to Mavics or Conti GP4k2s.

At this point I am really struggling to come up with something negative to say. Better grip, cut/puncture protection AND RR? What's not to like?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com