S-Works Roubaix 2019 (2020) ?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Sock3t

by Sock3t

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qW9KRQtVMPE

I like it, wow.

Edit: Just saw the weight, oh god no.
Last edited by Sock3t on Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Venge stem is a tad odd..

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

Sock3t wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:08 pm

I like it, wow.

8 kg bike with carbon tubulars and to tier drivetrain. Just feels like this is all going in the wrong direction. :cry:
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

It’s Roubaix, not a Sunday picnic jaunt. Some heft is warranted. When someone says “cobbles” in any other context I can’t help imagine a variation of “pebbles”, some smooth stones at the bottom of a seashore. I always have to refresh my thinking when Roubaix rolls around as those things they ride over are boulders. So yeah, put those 30mm balloons on my wheels, please. But only for this one very special day.
By the way, they mention those Turbo Cottons as being 30mm. Are those new, as I thought they only went to 28mm?
[edit]: was curious about the tires mentioned in the video and perhaps the GCN guy misspoke when he called the tires out as 30mm Turbo Cottons? All I can see in the tubular is the Hell Of The North tire at a max monster size of 28mm. Maybe it’s a newer, even bigger, even better, tire?
Last edited by Calnago on Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

Daniel1975

by Daniel1975

Mr.Gib wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:10 pm
Sock3t wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:08 pm

I like it, wow.

8 kg bike with carbon tubulars and to tier drivetrain. Just feels like this is all going in the wrong direction. :cry:
8kg for a >€10.000 pricelevel and an amateur-look;
I always knew Spesh was very good in their marketing, but now they have really introduced marketing 2.0.
Weight doesn’t matter anymore; suspension, discs and wide tyres are the new lightweight :smartass:

Karvalo

by Karvalo

Calnago wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:37 pm
[edit]: was curious about the tires mentioned in the video and perhaps the GCN guy misspoke when he called the tires out as 30mm Turbo Cottons? All I can see in the tubular is the Hell Of The North tire at a max monster size of 28mm. Maybe it’s a newer, even bigger, even better, tire?
I think they launched those as a special Sagan Roubaix edition last year.

ichobi

by ichobi

Yeah I am iffy about this new trend - Heavy is the new light thing. At least for Specialized they won out in terms of aerobike department since they have the lightest rig out of all competitor that came out with new gen aero disc bike. Viviani's race ready Venge (with pedal and cages) us 6.9kg with 50mm wheels. To their credit you aren't going to ride Roubaix to the Alpes or for pr hunting, however with all those top of the line kit, I do wonder where all that weight on Sagan bike came from?

kytyree

by kytyree

ImageImage

I guess gray is in fashion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robeambro

by robeambro

So, more aero than the Tarmac, which in turn was more as aero as the first gen Venge. So basically a random bike with cables in sight, no aero handlebars, no special aero tubing, would be kinda as aero as the Venge Vias?

I call bs.

"X seconds faster over 40km" is the new "XX% improved bb stiffness".

rainerhq

by rainerhq

Wondering how many coffee shops, named Future Shock 2, has Spec sued during last week.
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride"

ducman

by ducman

8kg? 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

AJS914

by AJS914

And the Future Shock wins the Paris Roubaix!

You know the Specialized engineers are all high fiving rigth now.

robeambro

by robeambro

AJS914 wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:24 pm
And the Future Shock wins the Paris Roubaix!

You know the Specialized engineers are all high fiving rigth now.
Oh they will, cause they know that of course the average consumer, in his idiocy, will not even notice that:

- the second rider to cross the line was on an Aeroad, an all-but-cobbles bike, also very old design

- the fourth rider as well was on a very traditional bike with no astounding cobbles gimmick;

- QuickStep win plenty of Classics anyway, and so does Gilbert, even without fancy bikes.

And so on..

guyc

by guyc

Win on Sunday, sell on Monday.

They’re in the business of selling as many bikes as they can.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

hlvd

by hlvd

A first, third and fourth in today's PR, not bad at all.