2019 Sram Force ETAP

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

VTR1000SP2

by VTR1000SP2

TobinHatesYou wrote:I saw a build with 11spd chainrings but did not ride it. All I did was backpedal the cranks and I noticed no compatibility issues. That’s not to say problems won’t crop up under load.
The crank appears to be the only compatible component. Red/Force chain, cassette, derailleur go together and Eagle chain, cassette, derailleur go together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Focus Izalco Max - 4.84kg without pedals
Cervélo Áspero - 8.28kg
Trek Madone SLR Rim - 7.73kg
Standert Triebwerk Disc - 8.47kg

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

VTR1000SP2 wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:43 am
TobinHatesYou wrote:I saw a build with 11spd chainrings but did not ride it. All I did was backpedal the cranks and I noticed no compatibility issues. That’s not to say problems won’t crop up under load.
The crank appears to be the only compatible component. Red/Force chain, cassette, derailleur go together and Eagle chain, cassette, derailleur go together.

11spd chainrings are officially incompatible.
Even Eagle chainrings are officially incompatible.
Road AXS chainrings are compatible with Eagle AXS chains tthough.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wolfesquire

by wolfesquire

https://www.bikeradar.com/us/road/news/ ... axs-53803/

So Force eTap is going to cost $2,750 and weigh 2800g (for 2x HRD) while Shimano R8070 Di2 Disc costs $1,750 and weighs 2300g?
Am I missing something here? $1,000 more and 500g (1.1 lb) heavier....?

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Not to mention the increased running costs with chains and casettes

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

SRAM is so weird.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

peted76

by peted76

It costs to be an early adopter I guess. Saw a guy on our club run turn up on a brand new Madone with SRAM Red ETAP, he looked the business!
I think everyone who turned up after him did a double take and said.. is that the new SRAM.. yes -Captain Obvious.. he must get that a lot!

octav

by octav

peted76 wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:38 pm
It costs to be an early adopter I guess. Saw a guy on our club run turn up on a brand new Madone with SRAM Red ETAP, he looked the business!
I think everyone who turned up after him did a double take and said.. is that the new SRAM.. yes -Captain Obvious.. he must get that a lot!
I saw the same when I had the new ETAP 11 speed. Now with Campy Super Record 12 nobody notices :D Marketing hype at its best.
Force might be an idea for the future, I liked the system on ETAP but with a Colnago C60 I just couldn't...
I am building a titanium bike so taking into account the new force etap

madik

by madik

This Rose bike with 2x12 Force AXS looks nicely priced. Quite in the contrast to the absurd retail prices of the groupset.. 2500 euro
https://www.rosebikes.com/rose-backroad ... teal-black
With carbon frame and everything.. 3400 eur
Functionality > Performance > Weight

deepakvrao

by deepakvrao

madik wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:41 pm
This Rose bike with 2x12 Force AXS looks nicely priced. Quite in the contrast to the absurd retail prices of the groupset.. 2500 euro
That price looks so low, almost a like a pricing error.

talltales

by talltales

madik wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:41 pm
Down the line, You still have to deal with retail prices of cassettes, chains and what not. XG-1270 cassette is 190 eur (!) and the Force chain is 35 eur. Of course changing cassette and chain is not an everyday occurrence, but at these prices, you may want to factor in running cost or possible repairs, before making a decision.

g32ecs

by g32ecs

peted76 wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:38 pm
Did he put the hammer down?

MAJ

by MAJ

I have chosen Ultegra R8070 instead of Force AXS for my new bike, the weight is important for me, and the money also.

If you check Rose pages you see that Sram sells this groupsets very cheap to the bike brands and too expensive directly to the customer.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

MAJ wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:15 am
If you check Rose pages you see that Sram sells this groupsets very cheap to the bike brands and too expensive directly to the customer.
This is true of Shimano too...except Shimano has been bad about discouraging the resale of OEM groups from the likes of Wiggle/CRC/Bike24, Merlin, Ribble, etc.

Ettore

by Ettore

I'm about to order all parts for my BMC Timemachine Road, it’s going to be a Sram Force 1 AXS Aero setup. I’m looking for the chainset, which I’d like to be the “SRAM FORCE 1 AXS™ POWER METER” with the 48t chainring. Please see attached image.

On Srams website, it seems like there are two options:

1: Try to find Model ID “PM-FRC-1-D1” with 48t somewhere (nothing on google seems to know what that is), or..

2. Get the “SRAM AXS™ AERO POWER METER KIT” and somehow find some Force AXS crank arms. Sram has already confirmed with me that this power meter kit is used for both Red and Force.

Neither of these options lead me to a SRAM article number, or a webshop where I can find it. Any clues?
Attachments
Force1AXS.jpg

MayhemSWE

by MayhemSWE

Ettore wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:35 am
Neither of these options lead me to a SRAM article number, or a webshop where I can find it. Any clues?
I don't expect you'll be able to find Force crankarms for purchase without standard spider and chainring(s). The part number for power meter unit with built-in 48T aero chainring is 00.3018.227.000 according to the Quarq website.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com