Are We Getting A New Cannondale Supersix?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

matrix

by matrix

Seems like the CAAD13 was confirmed by the UCI. Not sure what the Supersix Evo 2 is. Hopefully the release of the CAAD13 will make room for a (finally) updated lightweight-aero supersix.

What are your thoughts?

https://www.uci.org/docs/default-source ... 6996euhU1Y

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

There's no eTap AXS SuperSixes, but there are eTap AXS Synapses. That should tell you all you need to know.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

I dunno, pretty straightforward what Evo 2 is... Its the second Evo LOL.

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

The SuperSix Evo 2 is the 2nd generation, the current one, model years 2016-2019.

New CAADs are pretty much always launched along new SuperSixes so... And to echo TobinHatesYou, look at the current model range, the 2019 Evos look a bit like they're only there to clear inventories or just temporary gap fillers the company is not pushing much...

mrlobber

by mrlobber

All logic points to a new Supersix this year (technically: model 2020), perhaps disc only (or rim in lower-budget versions).
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

C36

by C36

mrlobber wrote:All logic points to a new Supersix this year (technically: model 2020), perhaps disc only (or rim in lower-budget versions).
I though someone mentioned that the new SS shortly appeared on the uci list along the caad13 (but may be wrong).
Curious to see the brands that will still offer both breaking systems and then capture the customers leaving the disc only brands. Anyway, if the UCI sticks to its “will to remove all weight limits after the 2020 olympics”, those models will be back...

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
Last edited by C36 on Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

No new SuperSix on the UCI list yet... CAAD13 is listed with discs and with rim brakes, I hope the same goes for the SuperSix...

vanerven

by vanerven

Dan Gerous wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:18 pm
No new SuperSix on the UCI list yet... CAAD13 is listed with discs and with rim brakes, I hope the same goes for the SuperSix...
Spoke to an EF pro rider yesterday, the new Supersix is coming, probably shortly before the Tour.

C36

by C36

On the list now and.... thanks god available in both regards and disc brakes!

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Spinnekop

by Spinnekop

Info says it will be launched at TdF.
Some people are already riding on prototypes. Some dealers have seen photos and datasheets.

"It looks like a cross between the current SS and the new SystemSix"

Whatever that means.

I have not been able to get any pics of it sadly.

Disc and rim brake.
"In my experience, there is only one motivation, and that is DESIRE.
No reason or principle contain it or stand against it........"

by 573

Yep, now currently on the UCI list:

SuperSix EVO 3 SuperSix EVO 3 RD 25.10.2018 CANN-S6R-RD
SuperSix EVO 3 Disc SuperSix EVO 3 Disc RD 25.10.2018 CANN-S6D-RD

So actually homologated back in October 2018, before the CAAD13.

Mep

by Mep

My guess is that they'll update the tube shapes for aerodynamics but keep everything else mostly the same, which is not too ground breaking considering we already have the R5 and Tarmac SL6. It's interesting because then Cannondale would lose their place as the lightest widely available frameset, in exchange for an updated but average climbing frameset. It just seems extremely unlikely that they would be able to make the frame +aero/-weight/-price than the SL6. That said, if they can achieve the trifecta, I'd be mighty impressed and would probably go out to buy one.

Otherwise, it would mark the end of an era. At least weight weenies can still look to Focus for hill climb builds.

TLN

by TLN

I'm not a WW, but I do really like shape and tech on SuperSix. It's one of the last non-propietary bikes. All the newer ones: Tarmac/Venge/Madone/BMC have propietary seatpost, some sort of aero stem and etc. Current systemsix is lightweight, classic and pretty fast at the same time.
His: Orbea Orca OMX
Hers: Cannondale Synapse HM Disc

engi

by engi

Not sure if the question belongs here, but there doesn't seem to be a catch-all SS/Evo gallery thread (except the sub 6kg builds, where 75% are SS Evo HMs :lol: ).
I'm wondering if someone has an idea of what the 60cm frame weight is. Either HM or non-HM, any generation. The more data points, the better.
From looking around, 58cm seem to be in the 850g range for HM models. Would ~100g over that be a fair number for size 60cm HM?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

reedplayer

by reedplayer

Mep wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:11 pm
Otherwise, it would mark the end of an era. At least weight weenies can still look to Focus for hill climb builds.
regrettably not, because the "old" , light izalco max is although replaced by a heavier semi-aero-frame in 2019.