Bora WTO

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
guyc

by guyc

I forgot to weight my 60's and they're on the bike now so CBA to do it and take the tyres off etc. Like you all my Campag wheels have been a bit under so not really bothered!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kevinw

by kevinw

pdlpsher1 wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:55 pm
kevinw wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:10 am
Also, just put a 2kg weight on the same scales and it came to nearer 2.1g so :noidea:
I would suspect that your scale is not accurate then. Because Campy/Fulcrum is known to be very conservative on advertised wheel weights (I don't know about component weights...I've seen the 12-speed EPS advertised weights as being overly aggressive). As I said earlier both of my Boras came out under the advertised weights. If you are truly curious re-weigh the wheels on a different scale. It would also be helpful to those here thinking about buying the WTOs.

Do you mind sharing where you got your WTOs? I'm in the U.S. and I want a pair too but I'm hoping I won't have to pay full retail for them. I got both of my Boras way below retail but I also understand that the WTO is still new. Thanks.
Agree that maybe my £5 kitchen scales were not the right tool for the job. It was the incorrect information I got from the internet regarding the ratio of weights that confused me because the rear just so happened to be within a gram of what i expected so thought that must mean my scales were fine... anyway.... forget and enjoy.

I got mine from wiggle in the UK as I get 12% off retail price through their loyalty scheme. Not a "deal" by any means but the cheapest I could find them.

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

Thanks. I did purchase one set of my Boras from Wiggle but had to pay U.S. duty/taxes. So I'll probably avoid Wiggle for the time being, hehe.

kevinw

by kevinw

kevinw wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:56 pm
I got mine from wiggle in the UK as I get 12% off retail price through their loyalty scheme. Not a "deal" by any means but the cheapest I could find them.
Then they up the discount to 17% days later.... :cry:

guyc

by guyc

Give them a call - I've had that in the past and they've refunded the discount amount.....

wilwil

by wilwil

@guyc, I rode my WTO 45s yesterday and was surprised I was getting brake rub on out of saddle efforts. So I kept adjusting the brakes until it had gone but am surprised at how far the pads need to be from the wheel. In this respect they are the same as my Bora Ones. Same frame as yours albeit smaller. Whats your expeience?

guyc

by guyc

I can't get mine to rub at all - and I run mine pretty close as I don't like much lever travel. Mind you I didn't get rub from my old 50 Ultra's either. Maybe you're a power monster!

wilwil

by wilwil

guyc wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:37 am
I can't get mine to rub at all - and I run mine pretty close as I don't like much lever travel. Mind you I didn't get rub from my old 50 Ultra's either. Maybe you're a power monster!
No Im not! What distance are your pads from the rim? Do you tow the pads in? The braking is better than the Bora Ones but louder.

guyc

by guyc

No - I don't toe them in at all. I did with Mavics but these I run flat. They're about 2mm from the rim, maybe 2.5mm.

wilwil

by wilwil

guyc wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:45 am
No - I don't toe them in at all. I did with Mavics but these I run flat. They're about 2mm from the rim, maybe 2.5mm.
Thanks. You have to smile when Campagnolo in their instruction books say 1mm. Lovely wheels though.

guyc

by guyc

1mm is super tight. Hadn't even read that.

wilwil

by wilwil

guyc wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:09 am
1mm is super tight. Hadn't even read that.
Its in the book that comes with the brakes rather than the wheels and I think you use Shimano.

guyc

by guyc

Ahhhhh. That would explain it

kevinw

by kevinw

My wto 60s rub but after reading up on it you are actually more likely to get brake rub from stiffer rims - which I found counter intuitive.

Makes sense because if rims don't bend at all any deflection at the bottom will be equal at the top. On a flexable rim a 5mm deflection at the bottom might only be 1mm at the top near the brakes because they bend.

Also you notice brake rub more when the brakes are so loud :-)

I set mine up at 1mm originally and now probably nearer 2.5mm to get rid of the rubbing - sounds like this is normal. Actually pushing my wheel left and right between my brake pads feels harder than with my aluminium mavic kyrium elites - which arn't known to be a flexy wheelset.
guyc wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:02 pm
Give them a call - I've had that in the past and they've refunded the discount amount.....
No dice :cry:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

I'm so glad I run big lever throw, what even is brake rub haha.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk