Zwift, it's good but.....

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Lewn777

by Lewn777

Zwift, I love you but…. I don’t understand why?
• The graphics are so cartoonish. I really think something like Rouvy with real video or photo-real graphics option would be great. Imagine the Giro doing a climb and you are MMOing the same one at the same time.
• There aren’t more simulation type courses like Alpe Du Zwift, the made up tracks seem a bit unrealistic.
• You get power-ups like Mario Cart, this is stupid, especially in important races.
• You need to exit the game after a race or workout.
• You can’t just choose a map you like and ride on it you have to wait for your favorite map to come around again.
• The menu music is so friggin awful and you need to remember to turn it off after every major update.
• There aren’t more ways to counter weight/height dopers and other cheats built in. Zwift Power is amazingly well coded, shouldn't this be built into the game by default?
• It’s so damn expensive compared with computer games. UKPounds 12.99 per month, that's UKPounds 155 per year! I can get a game like GTA5 for until they turn the servers off for 30-40 quid. Maybe make it cheaper? Because I only use it a month or two a year when the weather is super unbearable. If the game was maybe 20 pounds a year I'd maybe have an indoor bike set-up all year waiting for use.
• Why my heart-rate, power and internet connection occasionally drop out ruining the fun.
• The game often crashes.
• I sometimes can’t log in.

silvalis

by silvalis

Graphics: Because you cant run photo realistic graphics on an mobile device.
Simulation type: 3/5 are simulation courses, excluding alpe du zwift
power ups: yep
exit the game: yep
choose map: well, you have a choice of X or watopia now at least
music: yep
cheating: yep
expensive: yep, but comparing it to GTA5 with millions of copies sold and a major studio backing it is pretty unrealistic.
dropouts: / crashing: / Log in issues: have you tried logging a ticket?

I'd like to be able to switch preset routes mid ride.
Chasse patate

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

cerb

by cerb

PokojniToza

by PokojniToza

I seem to miss a volume control. for instance, I may do a training and monitor the power and the rest on my phone, and mute zwift so I can watch a movie on the PC.

mattr

by mattr

Volume control is there. Can switch all the sound off if you want.

I do the same, zwift sound off, Spotify or a movie on.

It's the main reason i dropped so much cash on the turbo in the first place

PokojniToza

by PokojniToza

Must have missed it. Will check tonight.

mattr

by mattr

Just checked, it's in the in game menu, under settings. Have two choices for volume. I've currently got both set to off.

PokojniToza

by PokojniToza

Thanks!

Lewn777

by Lewn777

cerb wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:13 am
Already used in another thread. Find a new gif or try to say something constructive. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Easy, use trainer road or golden cheetah and watch TV...
Using Tapatalk

cerb

by cerb

Lewn777 wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:44 am
Already used in another thread. Find a new gif or try to say something constructive. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Sorry, but your post came across as just moaning about a lot of things.... so my reaction was that if you don't like it, why do it?

No game i've played has ever been perfect (particularly online ones) and there are often numerous gripes. You just play it for what it is and if you don't enjoy it or feel it is value for money, you don't do it.

I too get frustrated by power dropouts at times, but hey, it's just a game!

Lewn777

by Lewn777

Nefarious86 wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:30 am
Easy, use trainer road or golden cheetah and watch TV...
No constructive criticism is possible with such 'perfect' software? What are you people scared that Zwift will shut down and pull the plug if they hear someone thinks it could be better?
More than half of all cyclists don't use Zwift for exactly all the reasons I gave and more.

Lewn777

by Lewn777

cerb wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:30 am
Lewn777 wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:44 am
Sorry, but your post came across as just moaning about a lot of things.... so my reaction was that if you don't like it, why do it?

No game i've played has ever been perfect (particularly online ones) and there are often numerous gripes. You just play it for what it is and if you don't enjoy it or feel it is value for money, you don't do it.

I too get frustrated by power dropouts at times, but hey, it's just a game!
Apology accepted, I was a bit grumpy earlier, so sorry too. :beerchug:
I wrote 'Zwift, I love you but…....' I was hoping people would at least read the first line and understand it was meant as constructive criticism. :roll:

I'm concerned that although a lot of people like Zwift it could actually be much better. If the developers of these products don't hear much constructive criticism in the long term these companies often aren't actually helped. What Rouvy and other competitors to Zwift are doing is amazing and if Zwift are not careful they could easily lose their market leader position or have it seriously challenged. I know it seems unlikely at the moment, but the esports sector I'll wager is gathering a lot of skilled coders and investors. Zwift have got more investment money recently and it's time to rattle their cage, for their good as much as for ours. To me Zwift seems a bit 'Garmin', someone could easily swoop in with a better price structure, more realistic graphics etc and take their, or some of their market leader position.

RTW
in the industry

by RTW

I am all for other things coming along and being less expensive. I am a Zwift fan though. I think it is amazing. It leaves me fitter and happier through the winter than ever before. The 'not pairing' issues I had before were solved by my Wattbike, rather than a smart trainer (other people have no issues). Cartoonish graphics aren't an issue for me either, yes, they could be better, but it is unlikely it would run on my old laptop and cost then would increase for me. In game power ups, well, it is a game. You don't have to use them (I am level 17 and used one yesterday for the first time in a group ride), not sure if they add anything or not to be honest. I see them, and using them as being like road position in the real world. Some people know how to use it, some don't. There is an advantage to be had though if you know what you are doing.

Leaving the game to change what you are doing is a pain though.

I think there is a way of forcing the world you are on, at least there used to be before there was a guest world option.

Weight doping / cheats are there in all walks of life.

AJS914

by AJS914

Why do you pay all year to use it for two months in the winter? Can't you pay month to month for just the two or three months of winter?

I haven't tried Zwift. I was going to but then we moved to a place where I can ride outside all year long. And I pretty much avoid the trainer as much as possible.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com