Cannondale Supersix 2008

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

themidge

by themidge

Peeza21 wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:47 am

Stripping the frame of paint?
Yeah, not sure how and when I'll go about it, but I love the look of carbon + gloss clearcoat.

Nixster

by Nixster

Have you checked out the BDop Road wheel kit LT? I've been using a set for about a year that I built as my first wheel build and they've been great. 1355g real world weight, 17mm internal width rims and sound hubs. Cheap as chips too (US$320) although not as cheap as they were before the £ tanked :(

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

campagowlo

by campagowlo

I really like the route this build is taking, some light 26mm stems:

- ITM Millenium (original version)
- FRM webstem
- Tune Geiles Teil

Syntace F99 is probs the lightest but hard to get hold of.

themidge

by themidge

@Nixster, yeah I've seen that and was seriously thinking about getting it, and I may still. I've worked out that I can build a set lighter and cheaper from BikeHubStore, but that's without postage from the US, so the Bdop build isn't completely off the cards even if it is a bit ugly.
The look of the current wheel plan will be something a bit like this, all silver with gumwalls:
Might look a bit odd with a black bike, but hopefully other silver parts like the Sram Red RD, saddle rails, and lots of silver bolts etc, will tie it together :D. I might even anodise the cranks silver when the current finish inevitably wears off

@campagowlo, thanks for the stem suggestions. I was only aware of the Syntace, which isn't super rare in general but is frustratingly common in 25.4mm and frustratingly not-common in 26mm.

Bely

by Bely

Love that king

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Current
Festka Scala | Pego Respo | English V3 | Colnago EPS Erik Zabel | Colnago V4rs

Incoming

themidge

by themidge

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

love the king3.

themidge

by themidge

Should I do it?

Summer is approaching, and I feel like I need something to console me for the fact that I'll be back on Aksiums this summer :D.

tarmackev

by tarmackev

Don’t do it!
It’s a classic looking frame and there’s no going back.
The world is full of plain matt and gloss black frames.
I love your build, it represents everything i love about weightweenies. A little bling, a little budget, some tinkering and individual flair. I’m not a fan of the “just throw money at it” approach.
Your bike’s stunning and you’ve done a great job.
I look forward to seeing it evolve even more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Klaster_1

by Klaster_1

themidge wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:40 pm
Summer is approaching, and I feel like I need something to console me for the fact that I'll be back on Aksiums this summer :D.
Agree with @tarmackev, I wouldn't. If Aksiums bother you, maybe consider a different wheelset (there's a nice set of Enves in deals section at the moment).

tomvin90

by tomvin90

I think you should keep the paint too, it's a classic.

kgt

by kgt

tarmackev wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:24 am
Don’t do it!
It’s a classic looking frame and there’s no going back.
The world is full of plain matt and gloss black frames.
+100

themidge

by themidge

Hmmm, I was almost set on going ahead with the sanding but now I'm torn! Isn't it kind of already mostly plain black anyway... :wink:

Re: aksiums, they don't seem to be slowing me down much on the winter bike so I'll be alright :D But they're certainly first on the list of upgrades for this bike after the Hetchins gets its new mudguards and handlebars.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

I'm with the others... the frame is nice as is, and anything short of a full custom repaint would not be better. Instead, take the time you would use sanding that thing down and refinishing it, and get a part time job at the local gas station, or burger joint, and save your pennies to replace those god awful Aksiums.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

themidge

by themidge

Alright, no sanding this time :D. I am having thoughts about building new wheels though, and putting the Vitus' front wheel on whilst building the Cannondale is giving me ideas...

Thoughts?

Once I get those 3T Prima bars on, I think this bike is going to start looking a lot more early-noughties.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com