Giant SLR-0 Wheelset, what tubeless tires you running?

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
Post Reply
parleez1
Posts: 73
Joined: Wed May 26, 2004 8:57 pm
Location: Boston, MAssachusetts

by parleez1

My 2019 Giant TCR Advanced SL-0 came with Giant SLR-0 42mm tubeless ready wheelset. The Giant Gavia AC 0 25mm tubeless tires are ok, but wondering what others are riding in a tubeless or tubeless ready tire. Thinking of trying a set of 28mm, looking for your opinions and recommendations.
Thanks!

by Weenie


jlok
Posts: 1041
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:30 am

by jlok

I guess the 28 inflated to working psi would be wider than the rim width, less aero when put in front.

I think the Giant 25mm Race 0 is perfect match to that rim. I like the wheels apart from the weight (I got the SLR1 42/65).
Litespeed T1sl Disc / BMC TM02 < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

User avatar
itsacarr
Posts: 793
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:55 am
Contact:

by itsacarr

I have the zero 30mm (selling!) - the 25mm giant tires have been great tubeless. Running them low psi but super grippy and comfy so far.

zirxo
Posts: 183
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:46 pm

by zirxo

I'm running Schwalbe Pro One 25mm on my SLR-1 wheels. I didn't really like the wet grip of the Giant tyres that came with the bike.

User avatar
onemanpeloton
Posts: 277
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:30 am
Location: Edinburgh, UK

by onemanpeloton

Not sure if the frame has changed this year but 28s are a bit of a squeeze in TCRs of previous years.
2017 Giant TCR Disc
2015 Giant TCX
2016 Cube Stereo 140

parleez1
Posts: 73
Joined: Wed May 26, 2004 8:57 pm
Location: Boston, MAssachusetts

by parleez1

jlok wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:57 am
I guess the 28 inflated to working psi would be wider than the rim width, less aero when put in front.

I think the Giant 25mm Race 0 is perfect match to that rim. I like the wheels apart from the weight (I got the SLR1 42/65).
jlok, how do the Race 0 differ from the AC 0 tires that came mounted on my wheels?

ancker
Posts: 145
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:29 pm

by ancker

I have the SLR0 Climbing set and have been running the Hutchinson Fusion AllSeason.
They're a little heavy, but have more protection which I like since I typically run this setup on my endurance/looooong ride bike.
(It's also my light climbing bike (14.5lbs), but let's be honest, there's no climbs where I live.)

K4m1k4z3
Posts: 43
Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:33 pm

by K4m1k4z3

parleez1 wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:33 pm
jlok, how do the Race 0 differ from the AC 0 tires that came mounted on my wheels?
They are slick and slightly narrower and shorter (less tall) which possibly indicates decreased wall thickness.
Giant TCR Advanced Pro 1 Disc '18

parleez1
Posts: 73
Joined: Wed May 26, 2004 8:57 pm
Location: Boston, MAssachusetts

by parleez1

ancker wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:37 pm
I have the SLR0 Climbing set and have been running the Hutchinson Fusion AllSeason.
They're a little heavy, but have more protection which I like since I typically run this setup on my endurance/looooong ride bike.
(It's also my light climbing bike (14.5lbs), but let's be honest, there's no climbs where I live.)
ancker, are your SLR 0 wheels the 2019 42mm? Are your Hutchinson tires tubeless or tubeless ready? Do you run with sealant, what brand do you like?
Thanks

ancker
Posts: 145
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:29 pm

by ancker

parleez1 wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:21 pm
ancker wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:37 pm
I have the SLR0 Climbing set and have been running the Hutchinson Fusion AllSeason.
They're a little heavy, but have more protection which I like since I typically run this setup on my endurance/looooong ride bike.
(It's also my light climbing bike (14.5lbs), but let's be honest, there's no climbs where I live.)
ancker, are your SLR 0 wheels the 2019 42mm? Are your Hutchinson tires tubeless or tubeless ready? Do you run with sealant, what brand do you like?
Thanks
Mine are the 1330g 30mm version from 2018 I think.
Tires are "Tubeless Ready".
I'm using Orange Seal and so far no issues.

parleez1
Posts: 73
Joined: Wed May 26, 2004 8:57 pm
Location: Boston, MAssachusetts

by parleez1

ancker wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:49 pm
parleez1 wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:21 pm
ancker wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:37 pm
I have the SLR0 Climbing set and have been running the Hutchinson Fusion AllSeason.
They're a little heavy, but have more protection which I like since I typically run this setup on my endurance/looooong ride bike.
(It's also my light climbing bike (14.5lbs), but let's be honest, there's no climbs where I live.)
ancker, are your SLR 0 wheels the 2019 42mm? Are your Hutchinson tires tubeless or tubeless ready? Do you run with sealant, what brand do you like?
Thanks
Mine are the 1330g 30mm version from 2018 I think.
Tires are "Tubeless Ready".
I'm using Orange Seal and so far no issues.
The Hutchinson Tubeless ready tires seem to be popular, were they easy to mount? Are the 25mm wide? I have also had good luck with Orange Seal sealant.
Still interested in trying a 28mm tire,hoep they fit!

by Weenie


ancker
Posts: 145
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:29 pm

by ancker

parleez1 wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:48 am
ancker wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:49 pm
parleez1 wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:21 pm
ancker wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:37 pm
I have the SLR0 Climbing set and have been running the Hutchinson Fusion AllSeason.
They're a little heavy, but have more protection which I like since I typically run this setup on my endurance/looooong ride bike.
(It's also my light climbing bike (14.5lbs), but let's be honest, there's no climbs where I live.)
ancker, are your SLR 0 wheels the 2019 42mm? Are your Hutchinson tires tubeless or tubeless ready? Do you run with sealant, what brand do you like?
Thanks
Mine are the 1330g 30mm version from 2018 I think.
Tires are "Tubeless Ready".
I'm using Orange Seal and so far no issues.
The Hutchinson Tubeless ready tires seem to be popular, were they easy to mount? Are the 25mm wide? I have also had good luck with Orange Seal sealant.
Still interested in trying a 28mm tire,hoep they fit!
I don't remember exactly. I don't think they were terrible, but really all tubeless tires are tight. At least the ones I've done.
I bought a bead jack. It gets every tire on. Once they're on the wheel for a while, ridden, etc. They're much easier to deal with.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post