Hongfu FM-066/Chinese open mould frame thread

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

simoncx

by simoncx

How long does it usually take the frames coming from hongfu or tideace to arrive in the us? My ridley cracked over the weekend and I was looking on ebay at the tideace FM-R09 which looks like a copy of the noah sl but it shows estimated arrival mid march to end of april. I was hoping to find a cheap replacement and something that wouldn't take 2 months to come so I could swap parts over until I decide what to buy as a replacement.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

maxxevv

by maxxevv

Its completely dependent on the seller.

I had a different open mold frame off Aliexpress shipped to me via EMS in under 5 days. It would probably be an extra 3~4 days to the US.
Best is to mail the seller and ask for stock availabilty. Their online status of stock may not always be accurate.

simoncx

by simoncx

The seller is tideacebike so looks like its coming from company but I emailed them if they have my size in stock and how long it usually takes to arrive, hopefully it's accurate.

wjs

by wjs

none wrote:Provide a webpage to the specific frame that you refer, maybe that will help to determine the frame's tire width allowance.

It’s this frame:

http://www.workswellbikes.com/PRODDUCT/ ... 3/139.html

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

AnkitS

by AnkitS

Anyone have a link or source for a disc TT from China yet?

Oracle7775

by Oracle7775

simoncx wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:12 pm
How long does it usually take the frames coming from hongfu or tideace to arrive in the us? My ridley cracked over the weekend and I was looking on ebay at the tideace FM-R09 which looks like a copy of the noah sl but it shows estimated arrival mid march to end of april. I was hoping to find a cheap replacement and something that wouldn't take 2 months to come so I could swap parts over until I decide what to buy as a replacement.
I ordered that exact frame on 2/10. I got the tracking number last night. (Conservatively) Figure another 10-15 days to get to me in the U.S. via EMS. So, probably 3-4 weeks from date of ordering. Tideace says right on their ebay listing that they normally ship much sooner than their estimate, but that they try to allow for weather, acts of god, customs, etc.

maxxevv

by maxxevv

wjs wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:10 pm
none wrote:Provide a webpage to the specific frame that you refer, maybe that will help to determine the frame's tire width allowance.

It’s this frame:

That sharp corner tuck behind the seat-tube looks worrisome ....

wjs

by wjs

maxxevv wrote:
wjs wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:10 pm

It’s this frame:

That sharp corner tuck behind the seat-tube looks worrisome ....

Why do you think it would be worrisome?

maxxevv

by maxxevv

Sharp corners at stressed points are stress concentrators. Not a good thing with carbon and in fact almost all bicycle materials.

riggard

by riggard

I happen to have that frame myself, its the LTK118 / FM686 frame. Have used it for about 500km so far and am pretty happy with it.

The thing I like less is the front end/front fork, really flexy. I do have to point out that I didn't cut it down too much, because it would be very low. Steerer is @28cm now.
For this reason I have ordered another (heavier) front fork. (100kg rider / 1600 watt peak doesn't help either)

Out of curiuosity, what would be a more rigid open mold frame?

Paulzxcv

by Paulzxcv

Build complete for a Wellworks 095, size 58cm. Not super light, but rides fast and smooth. The internal cabling through bars and stem was a nightmare. As was wrapping tape on the aero bars. About 8.8kg and the build cost was around SGD $2700.
Attachments
IMG_20190303_190857.jpg
IMG_20190303_190757_1.jpg
IMG_20190303_190747.jpg
IMG_20190303_190721.jpg

none

by none

Looks nice, front brake housing looks short, both wheel quick release are on opposite side of bike.
A bit much bar tape on top for flat section.
Nice looking bike though.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Yup. Need to redo the front brake housing. Not only is it too short, but you don’t use a ferrule where it enters the caliper. The housing inserts directly into the brake fitting, no ferrule. So, once that ferrule is gone it’s effectively even shorter than it currently looks. Live and learn.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

synthesis

by synthesis

icantaffordcycling wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:19 pm
Anyone have a link or source for a disc TT from China yet?
HongFu TM6D is in the works, and looks ace imho.
TM6D.jpg
TM6D1.jpg

paranorml

by paranorml

waltthizzney wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:56 am
Does anyone know what Open Mould bike branded "Nove" that Phil Gaimon is riding?

Looks to be a Lightcarbon 007-D

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com