Hongfu FM-066/Chinese open mould frame thread

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

LeDuke

by LeDuke

none wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:42 am
Looks nice.
1x11? What is the frame size?
Yep, 1x11. 49cm.
Roddy wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:29 pm
Great Setup! I want to build a 1x road bike. I'd love to ask a few questions!?

Brand?
Model?
Price?
Delivery time and cost?
What tyre width are you using there?
What is the tyre clearance like?
What chainring/cassette combo have you got there?
What's the "stem lenght"?

I know it's a lot of questions... Sorry!
Velocarbon on eBay.
$559 delivered to CO, US. Took 3 weeks, if I remember correctly.
I'm on 25mm Corsa Controls on 23mm internal (30mm external) x 50mm carbon rims. Tires measure 29mm at 60psi. Clearance is 3-4mm on each side in the rear. More in the front.
The chainring is a 48t oval, with a 10-42 SRAM XX1 1199 cassette.
Stem length is 100mm. Bars have a deeper reach than I'd prefer. I'd prefer a shorter reach and longer stem.

Paulzxcv

by Paulzxcv

On size,I ride a 64cm condor acciaio and am 195cm tall. I also have a workswell 095, at the largest size, 58cm, both fit.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

lwk

by lwk

Came across this new frameset while browsing. Seen it at lightcarbon and ican website. Also available with rim brakes
Attachments
656C0EA8-5650-449C-B692-92CF720680FA.jpeg
7A0919D4-B798-4917-BF46-447C1048FABA.jpeg
3F54DCD1-118C-46A3-9C9E-43C3BF32EF6B.jpeg
9D214CD4-45A1-4DC4-87AE-4CA73C590E11.jpeg
CFA3CEDA-001E-4D25-BC97-0323580D9C38.jpeg

Roddy

by Roddy

LeDuke wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:49 pm

Yep, 1x11. 49cm.

Velocarbon on eBay.
I'm on 25mm Corsa Controls on 23mm internal (30mm external) x 50mm carbon rims. Tires measure 29mm at 60psi. Clearance is 3-4mm on each side in the rear. More in the front.
Stem length is 100mm. Bars have a deeper reach than I'd prefer. I'd prefer a shorter reach and longer stem.
Dream setup IMHO. Pretty much exactly what I want. Except a LOT smaller and all shimano :-)

Thank you very much for all the info!

LeDuke

by LeDuke

Roddy wrote:
LeDuke wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:49 pm

Yep, 1x11. 49cm.

Velocarbon on eBay.
Dream setup IMHO. Pretty much exactly what I want. Except a LOT smaller and all shimano :-)

Thank you very much for all the info!
Thanks.

I only have a couple of short rides on it, but so far I really like it. I don’t know how “comfortable” it will be on longer rides, but that’s what high volume tires and low pressures are for, really.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cc5813cc

by cc5813cc

I've been riding a Cannondale Synapse Carbon (comfort) setup the past couple of years in size 61cm.

Anyone ride similar size in name brand try a 58cm from Dengfu or Workswell?

jockstick

by jockstick

Hey, I just received the same frame today (Fasterway Classic).

I have immediately hit an issue. While trying to figure out how the unconventional seatpost clamp works, I was loosening a bolt when the suddenly the black metal piece attached to the bolt fell into my frame.

I can't find that piece now, so only the bolt is exposed. It must be stuck somewhere in the frame, although there is no rattle, so either it is lodged tightly into the frame, or it is actually somewhere in my basement (I have looked everywhere). This seat clamp design is extremely frustrating and stupid in my mind. There is also a second bolt inside that frame that seems to have no way to be tightened or loosened.

This is what the inner seat tube looks like now, with just the bolt exposed. Can you confirm that I am not crazy for thinking there should be a piece there? There is no sign of it anywhere. Thanks.
Screen Shot 2019-02-13 at 4.32.40 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-02-13 at 4.32.54 PM.png

lwk

by lwk

jockstick wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:39 am
Rone69 wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:16 pm

Frame:
Fasterway Classic(seatpost included)

I have immediately hit an issue. While trying to figure out how the unconventional seatpost clamp works, I was loosening a bolt when the suddenly the black metal piece attached to the bolt fell into my frame.

I can't find that piece now, so only the bolt is exposed. It must be stuck somewhere in the frame, although there is no rattle, so either it is lodged tightly into the frame, or it is actually somewhere in my basement (I have looked everywhere). This seat clamp design is extremely frustrating and stupid in my mind. There is also a second bolt inside that frame that seems to have no way to be tightened or loosened.

This is what the inner seat tube looks like now, with just the bolt exposed. Can you confirm that I am not crazy for thinking there should be a piece there? There is no sign of it anywhere. Thanks.
I’ve got the same frameset. Agree not the best seatpost binder. Shine a light down the seatpost and see if the part is not wedged somehow......
Last edited by Powerful Pete on Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Snipped the kilometer long quote. Please only quote what is necessary. Thank you, PP

jockstick

by jockstick

lwk wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:35 pm
jockstick wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:39 am
Rone69 wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:16 pm
Hi to all,
I'm happy to introduce you my new chinese bike, it's a Fasterway Classic frame, with Ican FL40 wheelset, yesterday I rode the bike for the first time, I'm so happy, the frame is more reactive and more comfortable than my Fondriest R20, the direct mount are an advantage not trascurable .

Frame:
Fasterway Classic(seatpost included)

Wheelset:
Ican FL40 No Logo

Groupset:
Ultegra R8000 (direct mount brakes)

Handlebar:

Stem:

Bottlecages:

Saddle:
Selle Italia Superflow lL3

Pedals:
Time X-Pro10

speed cadence sensor:
Sigma R2Duo

Smartphone Mount:
DIY

Weight 7,0kg (without bottles and smartphone)

I’ve got the same frameset. Agree not the best seatpost binder. Shine a light down the seatpost and see if the part is not wedged somehow......
Ive done everything I can to try to find that little piece, but no luck. It’s either lodged inside the frame (I’ve tried rigerously shaking and banging it, and there’s been 0 rattle), or somewhere in my basement (I’ve spent hours searching).

I’m convinced the part was not assembled properly because according to the factor o2 manual (https://kkkmz1bvid91wdxso30na23y-wpengi ... al_v16.pdf), which uses basically the same wedge, there piece that fell out should have been bolted to the inner piece, and the entire wedge should be removable. Instead, the wedge was glued into the frame and the little piece was dangling onto the bolt, which fell off as soon as I applied a bit of pressure to the bigger bolt.

In any case, I cannot use this frame unless that tiny part is replaced. The seller on AliExpress (yiqunsporttrade) has stopped responding to my messages asking for a replacement part, and I’ve spent the entire second half of my day scouring my basement for it. I’ll give him some more time to respond, but beyond that I’m not sure what other options I have other than to try to return the frame. 😢

none

by none

jockstick wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:41 pm
In any case, I cannot use this frame unless that tiny part is replaced. The seller on AliExpress (yiqunsporttrade) has stopped responding to my messages asking for a replacement part, and I’ve spent the entire second half of my day scouring my basement for it. I’ll give him some more time to respond, but beyond that I’m not sure what other options I have other than to try to return the frame. 😢
That is very unfortunate.
I know it may be difficult to communicate with frame seller when you need specific frame components or parts when there are some many different type of the same part that are being used on different frames.

Maybe by sending the seller a screnshot of the part from the pdf manual that would help the seller identify which specific part you are looking for.

Best of luck trying to source the part you need.

MON5TER

by MON5TER

Finally finished my build.....
Velobuild VB-R 086D (custom paint via them)
Ultegra Disc di2
Lightbicycle Rims DT240 hubs
7.6kg without pedals, Garmin or bottles.

Super smooth on the 28mm GP4000s.

Seatpost is slipping with grip paste but I'll get some spray on Crocgrip clear coat.

Only been out on 3 short rides so far total just over 100km and lovin' it!!!
Attachments
8FFAE031-316E-40CF-BE98-52F7662C62E4.jpeg

kidrob

by kidrob

MON5TER wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:40 am
Finally finished my build.....
Velobuild VB-R 086D (custom paint via them)
Ultegra Disc di2
Lightbicycle Rims DT240 hubs
7.6kg without pedals, Garmin or bottles.

Super smooth on the 28mm GP4000s.

Seatpost is slipping with grip paste but I'll get some spray on Crocgrip clear coat.

Only been out on 3 short rides so far total just over 100km and lovin' it!!!
Looks excellent, well done and have fun with it!

waltthizzney

by waltthizzney

Does anyone know what Open Mould bike branded "Nove" that Phil Gaimon is riding?

wjs

by wjs

Hi,

Does anyone know what the max tire width is for the works well 147 frame? On their site they mention 25c. Wondered whether the frame would be compatible with the light bicycle wheels which have a width of 25mm.

Any experience?

Thx!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

none

by none

Provide a webpage to the specific frame that you refer, maybe that will help to determine the frame's tire width allowance.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com