Allez Sprint Frame(where to buy for international shipping?)

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

arant

by arant

Yo peeps!

As the title says I'm on the lookout for a bike shop that can build a bike for me based on the Specialized Allez Sprint frameset.
My local dealer in The United Arab Emirates is not able to get the color I want and they're saying it's not possible to put Di2 on it, although I have seen examples online of other shops doing this.

Do you guys know about any dealers in the US that is able to build this bike and ship it out to me?

Cheers!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

romanmoser

by romanmoser

It depends wether you need a frameset or a complete bike

Your dealer is not wrong it is not possible in theory
But you just have to drill a few holes at non critical places
Heck even Sagan is riding DI2 on his ...

IrrelevantD

by IrrelevantD

The new Sprint Disc is pre-drilled for Di2. The caliper brake version is not. I have the pre-disc frameset, and am running Di2, but I had to enlist some soldering skills to keep from voiding the warranty on the frame.

1. If you use an internal battery, get the battery holder kit for the original Venge (non- ViAS).
2. Get good at soldering. For the RD and FD cables, I cut the ends off onse side, pushed them through the cable stops at the bottom of the downtube, pulled them up through the headtube (fork removed), and solderted them back together. I used Shimano's external Di2 tape to run the etube cable along the same route through the cable stops as the mechanical cable would go.
3. I put the B junction inside the downtube, and the wifi/bluetooth unit in the top tube. I had to pull the etube cables out the bottom of the head tube to do this. This leaves a single cable running to the A junction at the stem. The Di2 ports for the Roubaix (and I think CruX) will work to replace the downtube stops, but I ended up using the unported blank ones and modified the brake cable port on the top tube to run both the etube and cable housing through there. Looks much cleaner. The brake cable is full housing through the top tube, there are no stops.

I have some pictures somewhere in a previous post, feel free to hit me up if you end up buying it and have any questions.
* There is a 70% chance that what you have just read has a peppering of cynicism or sarcasm and generally should not be taken seriously.
I'll leave it up to you to figure out the other 30%. If you are in any way offended, that's on you.

arant

by arant

romanmoser wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:37 pm
It depends wether you need a frameset or a complete bike

Your dealer is not wrong it is not possible in theory
But you just have to drill a few holes at non critical places
Heck even Sagan is riding DI2 on his ...
So if I go for a complete bike they will be able to ship internationally?

taodemon

by taodemon

Typically specialized dealers will not do online sales as Specialized won't allow them to do this. I had to drive up to Canada to get a frame/bike in the color I wanted (back when I got my first venge) as the shop would not ship it to me. Maybe you can find a shop that is more willing to work with you but I'm not sure they would want that being advertised as it might get them in trouble with Specialized. The other option is possibly getting a frame second hand or off ebay, but that depends on the particular frame you want and how easy that color is to find.

Kermark

by Kermark

If you looking a cheapest way to international shipping. compare the rates of different companies. online quotes are fast service. if you don't like the rates you should leave them and If you like the rates you could print a label online further saving time. By these way you could request pickup or drop the package off directly with the shipper. It a better and easy way to ship internationally cheap! Suggest you to check this source - https://pkge.net/couriers/china-post
Last edited by Kermark on Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sock3t

by Sock3t

arant wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:58 pm
Yo peeps!

As the title says I'm on the lookout for a bike shop that can build a bike for me based on the Specialized Allez Sprint frameset.
My local dealer in The United Arab Emirates is not able to get the color I want and they're saying it's not possible to put Di2 on it, although I have seen examples online of other shops doing this.

Do you guys know about any dealers in the US that is able to build this bike and ship it out to me?

Cheers!
Contact Fairwheel Bikes Warehouse. Feedback@fairwheelbikes.com is the email you want to contact. They did my Allez Sprint to Di2 and are really good at it.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com