Trek Émonda 2018

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

@ortziomenaka: that’s a great build. I presume you bought the SL5 complete bike with 105 and stripped everything off and started fresh? I’ve done that on several of these frames now. It’s a great frameset to build upon as you’ve done here. Looks ace! Well done. Is actually like to see some more pics of it.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

ortziomenaka

by ortziomenaka

Calnago wrote:@ortziomenaka: that’s a great build. I presume you bought the SL5 complete bike with 105 and stripped everything off and started fresh? I’ve done that on several of these frames now. It’s a great frameset to build upon as you’ve done here. Looks ace! Well done. Is actually like to see some more pics of it.
Yes, excuse me for my english. I change every part of my emonda sl5 and only keep the frame. Next week I will receive emonda slr frame to finish the project. After I create a post with every part of the bike and photos.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
Trek Top Fuel 9.8SL 10.04kg
Trek Emonda SL5 6.940kg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Nice! Will look forward to your build thread on your new SLR. Same color scheme? I know there’s lots of black bikes these days but damn, when done right they will always look sharp.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

ortziomenaka

by ortziomenaka

Calnago wrote:Nice! Will look forward to your build thread on your new SLR. Same color scheme? I know there’s lots of black bikes these days but damn, when done right they will always look sharp.
The color of the frame is this,

Trek Emonda SL5 6.940kg

rmcbike

by rmcbike

Thanks for your comments everyone. Guess i'll wait until the frameset arrives and then will have to also order the seatpost ... :x
nemeseri wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:58 am
In 2015 when I ordered my 2016 Emonda SL, the seatpost cap was included and also the stem. I saw on the website that they might have changed this. Please update the thread what happened. Also: is the frameset available through project one?! Woah, I did not know that. Do you have to go through a dealer?
Yeah, frameset is available through project one through your dealer but only the SLR as far as i know, it does not appear on trek's website but they can order it just like any complete bike. I wanted the H1 fit so had no other option. However, bear in mind that apparently Trek has recently changed their policy and will only allow project one orders through dealers labeled as Trek bicycle store. I went through a dealer that was not and the order was canceled until we found out why... :roll:

I'll let you know what happens as soon as i get the bike. Should arrive by the end of january or early february

MisterNoChain

by MisterNoChain

Project One is only for their "premium dealers", it's been like that for years now (at least here in Belgium). At the start of each year those shops need to take Project One bikes on stock, Aeolus wheels, etc. If a shop isnt premium dealer but sells a lot of Trek's he will get a project one, by exception. If you're a small shop you probably wont get anything. Maybe in some countries they are more strict about this then in others.

photek

by photek

Calnago wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:33 pm
@ortziomenaka: that’s a great build. I presume you bought the SL5 complete bike with 105 and stripped everything off and started fresh? I’ve done that on several of these frames now. It’s a great frameset to build upon as you’ve done here. Looks ace! Well done. Is actually like to see some more pics of it.
That's exactly what I did with my build (one page back), I got a 2018 model on special for cheaper than buying a frame only. Plan is to try this SL for a year, then if I like it pull the trigger on an SLR frameset next year 8)
2019 Trek Emonda SLR, SRAM eTap groupset, eeBrakes G4, Berk Lupina Saddle, TUNE Schwarzbrenner 60mm wheelset - 6.4 kg

banik69

by banik69

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ortziomenaka

by ortziomenaka

banik69 wrote:Image

Weight?

Trek Emonda SL5 6.940kg

banik69

by banik69

ortziomenaka wrote:
banik69 wrote:Image

Weight?

56 size it’s at 7,1 kg without any effort
With another saddle and bottle cages will be 6,8-6,9 kg

rmcbike

by rmcbike

alfus1 wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:11 am
Anyone has put thruaxles for allen key (without lever)?
I plan on doing that on mine. Shouldn't be a problem unless you want to be able to remove your wheels quickly

ortziomenaka

by ortziomenaka

rmcbike wrote:
alfus1 wrote:
I plan on doing that on mine. Shouldn't be a problem unless you want to be able to remove your wheels quickly
Which one?

Trek Emonda SL5 6.940kg

ortziomenaka

by ortziomenaka

alfus1 wrote:
ortziomenaka wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:21 pm
rmcbike wrote:
alfus1 wrote:
Which one?

Pero tu no tienes pasantes!
Cierto :(

Trek Emonda SL5 6.940kg

doccycle

by doccycle

I tried to find information or pictures regarding the DI2 internal battery.

Does anyone have pictures or explanations for this?
Is it easy to place the battery or to remove it?

Thank you in advance!

rmcbike

by rmcbike

doccycle wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:21 pm
I tried to find information or pictures regarding the DI2 internal battery.

Does anyone have pictures or explanations for this?
Is it easy to place the battery or to remove it?

Thank you in advance!
I've been thinking about this for a while since i plan on building mine with Di2 (unless Sram Etap 12s makes me change my mind :roll: ) You can't put the battery in the seatpost and from photos i've seen it does not appear to be located in the downtube either :? Maybe someone can comment on this
Last edited by rmcbike on Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com