Slim -12 Stems

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

morganb

by morganb

I want to use a -12 my steel frame and want something that complements the aesthetics of the bike, so something like a Zipp Sprint SL I out. Its a Gunnar so its not super small diameter tubing but still thinner than a modern aluminum or carbon frame. I know Extralite makes one but its pricy and I'm slightly worried about flex on something that light. Are there any other options out there.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

corky

by corky

Ahh the holy grail eh?....I have an extralite, it is light and b not really flexible at all but it is expensive also not that slim....

Enve Aero stem can be -12 but is fat and won’t look good with steel TI etc. And is chuffin’ expensive.

Specialized make an adjustable stem that can be run -12 but it too will look odd with steel + who wants to run a Specialized stem?

I think their is a market for this size of stem but manufacturers are like sheep and only stick to what they think will sell.

Yes this is a topic I’ve pondered many times........ps -17 stems look crap.

FlemishCompact

by FlemishCompact

Specialized makes a -12 that has a fixed angle and very subtle sworks logos

Hexsense

by Hexsense

does -10 works?
There are many more options for -10 (like Pro Vibe di2 stem, Easton, Ritchey) than -12.

morganb

by morganb

FlemishCompact wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:30 pm
Specialized makes a -12 that has a fixed angle and very subtle sworks logos
That doesn't look bad actually and it has a reasonably light weight. Might be worth a shot and I can see if acetone will take off the logos.

morganb

by morganb

Hexsense wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:33 pm
does -10 works?
There are many more options for -10 (like Pro Vibe di2 stem, Easton, Ritchey) than -12.
-10 might work but aesthetically I don't like the Pro stems with the silver face plates. I'll check out the Easton and Ritchey options. -12 would still be ideal from a fit/looks perspective though, as small of a difference as it is.

Hexsense

by Hexsense

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com