Trek madone slr 6 disc

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Mep

by Mep

Stitchking wrote:No i cut it roughly flush with the top of the stem, then i have a 5mm spacer, which with the expander in the steerer was about perfect. Just fiving myself potential room for fit and resale

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
That's interesting.. from what I'm seeing it doesn't seem like that would give enough room for preloading the bearings. Unless you had cut the steerer 1-2mm below the top of the stem. Decisions decisions... can't afford to screw this one up!

Stitchking

by Stitchking

Dude it was a while ago, honestly cant really remember. Just cut it slightly long and then if thats too much, cut it again. Its not a glue in plug

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Mep

by Mep

Stitchking wrote:Dude it was a while ago, honestly cant really remember. Just cut it slightly long and then if thats too much, cut it again. Its not a glue in plug

No worries, I cut it around 8mm below top of stem. Works like a charm. 5mm would cause the top cap to bottom out before you can do any pre loading.

Noctiluxx

by Noctiluxx

I just picked up a Madone SLR frameset, cockpit, and XXX 6 wheels last week. I did however consider the SLR 6 disk but was really disappointed at the cheap wheels and Ultegra mechanical for nearly $7K. You can actually pick up the frame/cockpit, Ultegra Di2 hydro, and better wheels, for slightly more.
Bianchi Oltre XR4, De Rosa SK Pininfarina, Trek Madone SLR, Giant TCR Advanced SL, Cervelo R5 Disk, Giant Revolt

Stitchking

by Stitchking

Noctiluxx wrote:I just picked up a Madone SLR frameset, cockpit, and XXX 6 wheels last week. I did however consider the SLR 6 disk but was really disappointed at the cheap wheels and Ultegra mechanical for nearly $7K. You can actually pick up the frame/cockpit, Ultegra Di2 hydro, and better wheels, for slightly more.
Sounds like a sweet build. Im pretty sure frame and those wheels alone would be more than 7k where i live. Did you get them brand new?
Look forward to seeing photos

Noctiluxx

by Noctiluxx

I bought it new and paid $6800 OTD for the frame, seatpost, XXX 6 wheels, and two piece cockpit.
Bianchi Oltre XR4, De Rosa SK Pininfarina, Trek Madone SLR, Giant TCR Advanced SL, Cervelo R5 Disk, Giant Revolt

Stitchking

by Stitchking

Otd?

harvsurrey

by harvsurrey

I did similar last year but cut an even better deal

Bough a madone 9.0 , bought di2 upgrade and bought upgraded wheels and the aerobars

Sold the bont wheels, mech' s bars etc to have a much better deal plus I didn't like last year's 9.5 in silver

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Noctiluxx

by Noctiluxx

Stitchking wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:50 pm
Otd?

yes

Mep

by Mep

Noctiluxx wrote:
Stitchking wrote:
Otd?

yes
I think he was asking what the acronym stood for. Which I'm reading as out the door

Stitchking

by Stitchking

Mep wrote:
Noctiluxx wrote:
Stitchking wrote:
Otd?

yes
I think he was asking what the acronym stood for. Which I'm reading as out the door
yeah that's the one. I just gave it a google after that response though