Frame ID

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

sfo423

by sfo423

Looking for suggestions on frame. The deeper I get into this I lean towards a race frame (stiffness) w/endurance geo. IMO, the bigger the frame, the more flex I am feeling in the front end area.

Disc
Carbon
Integrated/clean cabeling (as best as possible)
High stack to med reach ratio (620 - 630 and 395 - 410) ish
Stiff
Optimized for di2

There is the Emonda h2, but its not the most esthetically pleasing bike in a + size.

Just not seeing many options. Most are all endurance and reviews call out softer frames.

Does it exist? Really not interested in going custom, or Ti.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

AJS914

by AJS914

What sized frame?

Colnago makes the C60/C64 in an H fit. It's the same geometry as their other bikes but with a 2-3cm taller head tube.

If you want clean, integrated cabling then what about a Madone in H2. Spacers on aero bikes don't seem to leave them as aesthetically challenged. It almost seems quite normal to see a Venge or Madone with 3-4cm of spacers.

I guess the Domane is out if you think the Emonda is ugly. It has their H3 fit.

sfo423

by sfo423

With that stack - reach range that leaves me in the 61 - XL range depending on manufacturer.
AJS914 wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:17 pm
What sized frame?

DamonRinard
in the industry

by DamonRinard

sfo423 wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:15 pm
Disc
Carbon
Stiff
Optimized for di2
At the risk of tooting our own horn, I'd say Cannondale Synapse checks all your boxes and is pretty close in S&R:
(61.0, 39.3) for size 58;
(64.0, 40.2) for size 61.

To your stiffness request: although you will read how comfortable Synapse is (and it is), the frame's BB & HT stiffness are above that of many racing bikes. We really did achieve nearly perfect lab test scores.

On the website, scroll down and you can see "Race Level Stiffness: An asymmetrically designed frame and fork balance pedaling and and disc loads to deliver World Tour sprinter level stiffness. Get ready to lay down power and rail corners like you wouldn't believe."

https://www.cannondale.com/en/USA/Produ ... 1afaf61b49

We've engineered a Proportional Response (tube diameters, special layups) that varies by frame size, meaning the bigger sizes get more, not less stiff, the opposite of what you get naturally and especially good for tall guys.

Cheers,
Damon
Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager, Road Bikes
Cycling Sports Group, Cannondale
Ex-Kestrel, ex-Velomax, ex-Trek, ex-Cervelo

sfo423

by sfo423

Will investigate Damon.

Any difference in ‘18 - ‘19 frames (other than color) and do you have a ~ # on a 61 Dura Ace di2 complete?

DamonRinard wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:45 pm
sfo423 wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:15 pm
Disc
Carbon
Stiff
Optimized for di2
At the risk of tooting our own horn, I'd say Cannondale Synapse checks all your boxes and is pretty close in S&R:
(61.0, 39.3) for size 58;
(64.0, 40.2) for size 61.

To your stiffness request: although you will read how comfortable Synapse is (and it is), the frame's BB & HT stiffness are above that of many racing bikes. We really did achieve nearly perfect lab test scores.

On the website, scroll down and you can see "Race Level Stiffness: An asymmetrically designed frame and fork balance pedaling and and disc loads to deliver World Tour sprinter level stiffness. Get ready to lay down power and rail corners like you wouldn't believe."

https://www.cannondale.com/en/USA/Produ ... 1afaf61b49

We've engineered a Proportional Response (tube diameters, special layups) that varies by frame size, meaning the bigger sizes get more, not less stiff, the opposite of what you get naturally and especially good for tall guys.

Cheers,
Damon