Darimo Carbon components, when Spain beats Germany

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

RZack89

by RZack89

Perfect, thank you all so much!! :thumbup:

beanbiken

by beanbiken

Curious as to how other members are going with their Darimo orders? Reason being that communication was first rate up until my last response from Damia that told me that payment had been received and production would commence. That was almost 3 weeks ago and I've sent a couple of emails inquiring on when I can expect my road bars to be shipped............. unfortunately the silence has been deafening. Now not for a moment am I suggesting that Darimo are dodgy it's just frustrating the going from exemplary communication to zilch...........

BB
BB

Coffee & carbon

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Klaster_1

by Klaster_1

beanbiken wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:32 am
Curious as to how other members are going with their Darimo orders?
I did not receive any new emails regarding the drop bar package, but my previous orders (3 in total) took ~1-5 weeks from payment to shipping, so nothing out of ordinary.

C36

by C36

beanbiken wrote:Curious as to how other members are going with their Darimo orders? Reason being that communication was first rate up until my last response from Damia that told me that payment had been received and production would commence. That was almost 3 weeks ago and I've sent a couple of emails inquiring on when I can expect my road bars to be shipped............. unfortunately the silence has been deafening. Now not for a moment am I suggesting that Darimo are dodgy it's just frustrating the going from exemplary communication to zilch...........

BB
Coms have been up and down based on his workload. Happened I had to send a reminder... but that was before he released the bar that sure gave him a lot of extra work.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
Last edited by C36 on Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

beanbiken

by beanbiken

Thanks Guys, so it doesn't appear to be anything out of the ordinary, did you get tracking info or did you items just turn up? My previous Darimo purchases have been via resellers and not direct
BB

Coffee & carbon

Klaster_1

by Klaster_1

beanbiken wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:38 am
Thanks Guys, so it doesn't appear to be anything out of the ordinary, did you get tracking info or did you items just turn up? My previous Darimo purchases have been via resellers and not direct
Damia sends a tracking number when he doesn't forget to. One time I asked him about that, he sent the number, and when I checked it the goods were already out for delivery, was a pleasant surprise.

beanbiken

by beanbiken

Klaster_1 wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:00 am
beanbiken wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:38 am
Damia sends a tracking number when he doesn't forget to. One time I asked him about that, he sent the number, and when I checked it the goods were already out for delivery, was a pleasant surprise.
Cack... :D
BB

Coffee & carbon

DeiviX

by DeiviX

The order is within the delivery time, do not despair and when you least expect it, it will arrive

beanbiken

by beanbiken

DeiviX wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:44 am
The order is within the delivery time, do not despair and when you least expect it, it will arrive
While my patience is much better than when I was younger I would make a very poor monk :roll: :D
BB

Coffee & carbon

RocketRacing

by RocketRacing

He has been in great communication with me. But i have been hasseling him with custom requests. ;-) bless his heart. Just stay friendly and be patient. We are all people too. I told him not to rush with my order because we have snow anyway...

Just remember that it is hand made, and orders from him are not yet made i am sure. It is not like he pulls it from the shelf and mails it out. Everything he has made for me has been customized to my needs in some way (sorry for the delays that may cause other customers).

Also remember that things like this are probably done in batches. He would not do one bar start to finish... but rather lay up 20, cure all 20, clearcoat and polish 20 bars at a time, then mail all 20. So batches would go out in pulses.

Finally, and again i am using only armchair logic, but releasing a new road product suddenly probably quadrupled his market. There may be both production and growing pains.

Good product does not stay a secret for long...

I just appreciate communicating with the maker. In a mass produced world, it is great to talk with the guy building and engineering the product.

beanbiken

by beanbiken

Hi. RR agree with your sentiments. I actually received a tracking # this morning. Will report in with thoughts & weight once I have them in a week or so. I certainly wasn’t trying to bag Damia, quite the opposite. Was just reaching out to other WW’s on their experiences. I generally purchase my WW bits from the likes of SB, R2bike & Bike24. And I do try to buy from the seller with stock.

BB
BB

Coffee & carbon

C36

by C36

beanbiken wrote:Hi. RR agree with your sentiments. I actually received a tracking # this morning. Will report in with thoughts & weight once I have them in a week or so. I certainly wasn’t trying to bag Damia, quite the opposite. Was just reaching out to other WW’s on their experiences. I generally purchase my WW bits from the likes of SB, R2bike & Bike24. And I do try to buy from the seller with stock.

BB
Glad to read! What stem will you use with the bar?

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

beanbiken

by beanbiken

MCFK........

BB
BB

Coffee & carbon

themidge

by themidge

How custom can you get with the custom options? I really like the look (and weight) of the T2 setback post, but 25mm is quite setback for me. Would less setback be an option, or is the custom thing only about tuning the max/min insertion?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

RocketRacing

by RocketRacing

themidge wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:31 pm
How custom can you get with the custom options? I really like the look (and weight) of the T2 setback post, but 25mm is quite setback for me. Would less setback be an option, or is the custom thing only about tuning the max/min insertion?
I don’t want to cause headaches, but for me, custom length, custom clamp regions, custom carbon final layer (12k), custom logo colors and location, custom drilling in road bars for brake wire anchoring without the use of bar tape on top of the bars.

You can also get reinforced versions with higher max weight tolerances.

Custom Seatpost offset would likley not be an option as it would be a new design/mold. But who knows what he has in prototype.