New cannondale SYSTEMSIX road frame!

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Stitchking

by Stitchking

TLN wrote:I was looking at different bars, and it looks like Madone bar might be a good choice. It's one piece, so you lose adjustments, but cable route all the way through the stem.
Having a Madone bar on Cdale is a different question though.

This won’t work with that steerer. Vision metron 5d is what ef have been using

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bikesrdangerousmmk

by bikesrdangerousmmk

Posted a while back but didn’t notice a reply.

Damon, how would enve 4.5 ar rims work here with 28 nominal pro ones inflated to about 30mm actual

DamonRinard
in the industry

by DamonRinard

bikesrdangerousmmk wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:54 pm
Posted a while back but didn’t notice a reply.

Damon, how would enve 4.5 ar rims work here with 28 nominal pro ones inflated to about 30mm actual
Hi bikesrdangerousmmk,

For selling, ISO says we have to have minimum 4 mm clearance, which means I can officially recommend tires up to 28 mm measured width.

However, after the bike is sold, you can run whatever tires you like! If you're okay with less than ISO clearance then go for it. There's a guy in our office running a similar setup (ENVE ARs and some wide tires), but I don't know if he's ridden through any sticky mud yet, ha ha!

Cheers,
Damon
Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager, Road Bikes
Cycling Sports Group, Cannondale
Ex-Kestrel, ex-Velomax, ex-Trek, ex-Cervelo

bikesrdangerousmmk

by bikesrdangerousmmk

Thanks, Damon

TLN

by TLN

Quick question about KNOT54 wheels:
What hubs are those, can I convert to other axles in future? Or QR if I decide to use on older bike? I hope it's standart DT-swiss internals
His: Orbea Orca OMX
Hers: Cannondale Synapse HM Disc

Chaingobbler

by Chaingobbler

TLN wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:20 pm
What hubs are those, can I convert to other axles in future? Or QR if I decide to use on older bike? I hope it's standart DT-swiss internals
I read that it is standard DT Swiss internals, I think they said specifically 240’s, however the front hub is also a new proprietary design. Maybe Damon can chime in on the possibility there.

DamonRinard
in the industry

by DamonRinard

TLN wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:20 pm
Hi TLN,

Chaingobbler is right: The rear hub has normal DTSwiss 240 internals, including axles & endcaps, so you have all the DTSwiss 240 axle and endcap possibilities.

The front hub is our own design (to reduce size and therefore weight and aero drag as much as possible). We don't make any other endcaps, so it's always as designed: 12 mm through axle.

But please be aware: the rims are NOT rim brake compatible, neither from layup & resin perspective nor dimensionally. The composite rim has no rim-brake properties (no high-temp resin, etc.), and at 32 mm wide, I don't know any rim brake that could accept it.

Bottom line: enjoy the Knot 64 wheels as originally sold: awesome through-axle, disc-brake only wheels.

Cheers,
Damon
Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager, Road Bikes
Cycling Sports Group, Cannondale
Ex-Kestrel, ex-Velomax, ex-Trek, ex-Cervelo

gwilson

by gwilson

has anyone figured out a good way to attach a rear light yet (other than on a saddle bag)?

ianeire

by ianeire

The problem with the SystemSix.

Mep

by Mep

ianeire wrote:

The problem with the SystemSix.
I miss Matt Stephens! He should totally be with the GCN crew.

Knokkelhaug

by Knokkelhaug

gwilson wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:05 am
has anyone figured out a good way to attach a rear light yet (other than on a saddle bag)?
I use Lezyne KTV Drive rear light, with 2 rubber bands to fixate it (for Garmin Edge mount. Not easy to find single rubber band long enough). Looks good!
https://www.lezyne.com/product-led-sport-ktvrear.php

Stitchking

by Stitchking

Just going to leave this work in progress here... this is my colleagues bike we are building up while he recovers from a broken metacarpal. Its pretty gorgeous.

ImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

TLN

by TLN

DamonRinard wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:44 am
Chaingobbler is right: The rear hub has normal DTSwiss 240 internals, including axles & endcaps, so you have all the DTSwiss 240 axle and endcap possibilities.

The front hub is our own design (to reduce size and therefore weight and aero drag as much as possible). We don't make any other endcaps, so it's always as designed: 12 mm through axle.

But please be aware: the rims are NOT rim brake compatible, neither from layup & resin perspective nor dimensionally. The composite rim has no rim-brake properties (no high-temp resin, etc.), and at 32 mm wide, I don't know any rim brake that could accept it.
Oh, I totally understand that wheels are not rim-brake compatible. If I recall, there's a different spacing for rim-specific and disc-specific wheels.

My thought was if I can use KNOT wheels on QR disc-specific bike. I totally understand that I may not fit there with 32mm width, but it would be interesting to try. Of course, newer bikes are thru-axle, so it will be more or less future proof (if it fits with 32mm width).
His: Orbea Orca OMX
Hers: Cannondale Synapse HM Disc

refthimos

by refthimos

Stitchking wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:19 am
Why the swap from the KNOT64 wheels?
EVO1 | 5.37kg
EVO3 (sold) | 6.51kg
EVO4 | build thread coming soon
S5 Disc
SystemSix (sold) | 8.01kg
P5 Disc | heavy but fast

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

refthimos wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:19 am
Why the swap from the KNOT64 wheels?
This colorway (really nice by the way!) is only available as a frameset so, no Knot wheels to be swapped in the first place.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com