Assos apparel questions

Kit Brand Talk. Everything under the sun, including sunnies!
RTW
in the industry

by RTW

Stoffa wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:21 am
This summer I bought the Equipe Evo shorts from Assos. I was fed up with Castelli quality (stitching coming loose, logo's falling off etc), so i figured I'd go up a step. I got the version with the 2 big A-logo's.

After like three washes at 30 degrees inside out, the logo's started to crack completely, basically making the bib look like it was a couple years old already. I contacted Assos about it, but never received a reply. Not sure what I was expecting out of them anyway, since it was mostly an esthetic issue. Pretty disappointed by it though.

Fit and function of the bibs is very good though. Made me order the ll.habutights and Mille GT Ultraz winter jacket. Just figured I'd share this here with RTW so he can fix this sort of stuff.
I'm sorry you didn't hear from us. Email us at infouk@assos.com - we are the UK office - mark it FOA Richard, and I will look into it for you.

KCookie

by KCookie

ryanw wrote:Agree with you mag, is rather strange as to why it's there, I did snag my fingers on it the very first time I tried it on. But when on, it's a next level pieve of kit. Beyond comfy and just the right compression.

Anyone on here have the Campionissimo bibs? Gunna buy a pair but not sure if I want M or L. My Equipe Evos are a large and spot on.
I have them and just bought another pair today as they are only AU$260, on the UK website. Assos factory outlet. Really cheap. I'm in a M, 72kg 178cm.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

RTW
in the industry

by RTW

Calnago wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:41 pm
that one male model they’ve been using for every single picture for how many years now.
Which guy is that? ASSOS man hasn't been used for two years.

Change takes time guys, and when it then needs to perculate through until people become aware. This usually takes about 3 years! This applies to product names, design and marketing.

RTW
in the industry

by RTW

kode54 wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:49 pm
i have to agree about how long the newer S7 lasts...as I have a Cento bib shorts that is starting to rip by the front bottom of the bib straps. that never happened on any of my S5 bib shorts. I was surprised because I didn't even have them for a year as I also rotate through 6 pairs that includes Assos, Rapha and Chap3. The Assos quality has gone downhill. New Rapha cargo bib shorts quality is impressive...and so are the Chap3 shorts.
Send them for repair. 3 months no questions asked crash repair for all new items. We will try to repair anything which is less than two years old if you have an issue. We often repair things which are a lot older. If it is a product fault, we will put it right.

ryanw
in the industry

by ryanw

Still waiting for my call from Assos...

Just ordered the T.campionissimo_s7's. For £176 in the outlet, hard to say no!
SL8 S-Works Project Black - 6.29kg
IG: RhinosWorkshop

RTW
in the industry

by RTW

You need to up your jersey and socks game....... will you be at the Rouleur show on Thursday?

ryanw
in the industry

by ryanw

Ridge Supply and Maap are fire!

Bought some Bonka socks but a little too warm for 25 degrees in Spain!

I'm MTB'ing in Wales next week, so unfortunately can't attend the Rouleur show.

RTW
in the industry

by RTW

They wont get you ambassador status though......

ryanw
in the industry

by ryanw

Haha, hook a brother up then!

Bit annoying I’ve just spent a grand on Assos in the last month... But new 2019 kit on the horizon :wink:

I’ll be your track / sprint ambassador. 1,800w has never looked so sexy!

guyc

by guyc

Get a room you two 😂

mag

by mag

Is it correct that Mille GT Spring Fall Jacket replaces the older MilleIntermediate evo7 jacket which in turn sort of replaces even older Intermediate S7 jersey? (I know there was also a Intermediate S7 jacket, but not sure where it lies in the product range, especially in relation to the Intermediate S7 jersey)

RTW
in the industry

by RTW

mag wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:40 am
Is it correct that Mille GT Spring Fall Jacket replaces the older MilleIntermediate evo7 jacket which in turn sort of replaces even older Intermediate S7 jersey? (I know there was also a Intermediate S7 jacket, but not sure where it lies in the product range, especially in relation to the Intermediate S7 jersey)
Yes.

kode54

by kode54

good deal!

i like the Campionissimo material better than the Cento. Feels more like quality (it should...it cost alot more...but for the price you paid.).

I wear medium in Campionissimo and small in Cento.
ryanw wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:53 am
Still waiting for my call from Assos...

Just ordered the T.campionissimo_s7's. For £176 in the outlet, hard to say no!
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

kode54

by kode54

thx RTW. will get to it since summer is over and i have switched to knickers and tights.
RTW wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:32 am
kode54 wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:49 pm
i have to agree about how long the newer S7 lasts...as I have a Cento bib shorts that is starting to rip by the front bottom of the bib straps. that never happened on any of my S5 bib shorts. I was surprised because I didn't even have them for a year as I also rotate through 6 pairs that includes Assos, Rapha and Chap3. The Assos quality has gone downhill. New Rapha cargo bib shorts quality is impressive...and so are the Chap3 shorts.
Send them for repair. 3 months no questions asked crash repair for all new items. We will try to repair anything which is less than two years old if you have an issue. We often repair things which are a lot older. If it is a product fault, we will put it right.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

Slack

by Slack

ryanw wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:40 am
Haha, hook a brother up then!

Bit annoying I’ve just spent a grand on Assos in the last month... But new 2019 kit on the horizon :wink:

I’ll be your track / sprint ambassador. 1,800w has never looked so sexy!
All these watts you speak of, let us see a link to your BC page so we can see some results?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com