Assos apparel questions

Kit Brand Talk. Everything under the sun, including sunnies!
kode54

by kode54

i have to agree about how long the newer S7 lasts...as I have a Cento bib shorts that is starting to rip by the front bottom of the bib straps. that never happened on any of my S5 bib shorts. I was surprised because I didn't even have them for a year as I also rotate through 6 pairs that includes Assos, Rapha and Chap3. The Assos quality has gone downhill. New Rapha cargo bib shorts quality is impressive...and so are the Chap3 shorts.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

ryanw
in the industry

by ryanw

Just back from spending £600 on 4 items haha...

Mille Evo jacket
Habu bib tights
HabuMille bib tights
2.4 SkinFoil

Rich, if you don’t make me an Assos ambassador, I’m sticking it all on eBay! With my watts, you should be paying me to wear it :thumbup:
SL8 S-Works Project Black - 6.29kg
IG: RhinosWorkshop

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kode54

by kode54

funny.

why the different Habu tights in regular and Mille?

2.4 Skinfoil is spring/fall long sleeves?

did you get all the DL from RTW? haha.
ryanw wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:31 pm
Just back from spending £600 on 4 items haha...

Mille Evo jacket
Habu bib tights
HabuMille bib tights
2.4 SkinFoil

Rich, if you don’t make me an Assos ambassador, I’m sticking it all on eBay! With my watts, you should be paying me to wear it :thumbup:
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

ryanw
in the industry

by ryanw

The Habu's were just too good to not buy, when in hand, you. can really see where the moneys gone into them.

As for the HabuMille's, they were just so comfy and for a cheap(ish) basic set of early winter bibs, they just make sense. They're a very different (basic) construction to the more expensive Habu's.

I run hot and the 3.4 SkinFoil was too much, especially if paired with the Mille Evo jacket, hence I went for the 2.4, which is still very cosy.

For £126 the Mille Evo jacket is the bargain of the century. I'd wear it as a normal winter jacket if it didn't look so blatantly like a cycling jacket, so nice.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Ryan... please model all your new stuff, take photos and post up here. Perhaps if they don’t make you an “Ambassador”, they’ll at least let you take over from that one male model they’ve been using for every single picture for how many years now. Maybe that’s why they shortened the legs, to fit that one model.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

guyc

by guyc

ryanw wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:34 pm
The Habu's were just too good to not buy, when in hand, you. can really see where the moneys gone into them.

As for the HabuMille's, they were just so comfy and for a cheap(ish) basic set of early winter bibs, they just make sense. They're a very different (basic) construction to the more expensive Habu's.

I run hot and the 3.4 SkinFoil was too much, especially if paired with the Mille Evo jacket, hence I went for the 2.4, which is still very cosy.

For £126 the Mille Evo jacket is the bargain of the century. I'd wear it as a normal winter jacket if it didn't look so blatantly like a cycling jacket, so nice.
Is that the jacket I linked to?

kode54

by kode54

thx for the reply ryanw!

I have the Habu, which I wear down to 40F, once it gets below and windy, its Bonka for me.
I think the confusion with the Habu is the Mille moniker...but I probably won't get a pair because I would be disappointed with the quality compared to the regular Habu.

I think i need some 2.4 SkinFoils!
ryanw wrote:

- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

kode54

by kode54

yeah, but if ryanw wears anything else and posts on Instagram...he could get sued for big(er) money!
Calnago wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:41 pm
Ryan... please model all your new stuff, take photos and post up here. Perhaps if they don’t make you an “Ambassador”, they’ll at least let you take over from that one male model they’ve been using for every single picture for how many years now. Maybe that’s why they shortened the legs, to fit that one model.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

kode54

by kode54

not sure I see the Mille Evo Jacket...but on Assos website, there is a Mille GT Winter Jacket.

is that the one that @ryanw is referring to?
guyc wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:46 pm
ryanw wrote:

Is that the jacket I linked to?
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

kode54

by kode54

yes, thx. it a good price although i'm interested in the Mille Ultraz if its replacing the FuguJack. i have the Bonka jacket, but still wear a shell when its windy and below 35F.
guyc wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:30 pm
It’s this one:

https://www.sigmasports.com/item/Assos/ ... acket/EISR
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

ryanw
in the industry

by ryanw

I tried the Mille Ultraz on and it was lovely, a much more aero fit to that of the Mille Evo that I purchased.

I’m an ex weight lifter / rugby player so not the typical cyclist body shape. The arms on the Mille Ultraz were too tight on my biceps and forearms. The Mille Evo in large is a perfect fit for me if not a tiny bit large around my 32” waist.

mag

by mag

Speaking of skinfoils, how do you find that long band of alternative color on the left sleeve? I find it pretty annoying and wish it wasn't there. There are lots of loose sewings on its inside which makes putting the whole thing on somewhat annoying as I have to be careful with my fingers to avoid catching an pulling those loose sewings, making them even more loose. Right sleeve is normal, but on the left one you get this annoyance.

ryanw
in the industry

by ryanw

Agree with you mag, is rather strange as to why it's there, I did snag my fingers on it the very first time I tried it on. But when on, it's a next level pieve of kit. Beyond comfy and just the right compression.

Anyone on here have the Campionissimo bibs? Gunna buy a pair but not sure if I want M or L. My Equipe Evos are a large and spot on.

Stoffa

by Stoffa

This summer I bought the Equipe Evo shorts from Assos. I was fed up with Castelli quality (stitching coming loose, logo's falling off etc), so i figured I'd go up a step. I got the version with the 2 big A-logo's.

After like three washes at 30 degrees inside out, the logo's started to crack completely, basically making the bib look like it was a couple years old already. I contacted Assos about it, but never received a reply. Not sure what I was expecting out of them anyway, since it was mostly an esthetic issue. Pretty disappointed by it though.

Fit and function of the bibs is very good though. Made me order the ll.habutights and Mille GT Ultraz winter jacket. Just figured I'd share this here with RTW so he can fix this sort of stuff.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com