Assos apparel questions

Kit Brand Talk. Everything under the sun, including sunnies!
LiquidCooled

by LiquidCooled

2017 Giant TCR Advanced Pro 0 Disc
2003 Cannondale R1000 (CAAD7)

mag

by mag

His facial expression always reminds me Nairo Quintana. :-D
TonyM wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:35 pm
Also a nice help to have a list of the different products depending in the temperature (and the corresponding leaflet that is included in all (??) Assos products) :thumbup:
Unfortunately not all. I've got a recently purchased Habu jacket here and there's nothing such in its box. :-(
So thanks for sharing that. I wish they'd have this, just with more detailed descriptions comparing possible alternatives, on their website.

Also their size guide is missing their base layers (body insulators) sizing. They use sort of Roman numerals (with the addition of zero) for that and it isn't explained anywhere.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rmat92

by rmat92

guyc wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:01 pm
Does anyone know what jersey these chaps are wearing is?
Mille Intermediate Jacket Evo 7 - https://www.assos.com/milleintermediate ... &color=110

rmat92

by rmat92

biwa wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:01 am
Can anyone that has experience with their evo7 leg warmers comment on their quality and functionality? For colder weather rides, I'm debating getting the leg warmers or another full tights.
I made it through the whole winter with bibs & ASSOS leg warmers, admittedly in London where it rarely dips below freezing. There was a handful of times I switched to tights but the leg warmers have a great temperature range and are super comfortable! The reflective strips at the back also work really well on the darker commutes.

dcorn

by dcorn

ducman wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:41 pm
I wonder, does the guy in the assos ads ever bend his arms? Poor guy.
Of course he does. In the photo where he's bent over replicating bib fit while in a cycling position. But without a bike. Or a shirt. Or shoes.

https://www.competitivecyclist.com/lear ... dthezeghos

kode54

by kode54

same here. one thing i noticed is that the S5 chamois color never faded...whereas the S7 chamois purple color faded after the third wash. newer S7 that i recently bought don't fade that quickly but more so than the S7s ever did.

cold machine wash.
line dry.
robertbb wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:34 am
kytyree wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:57 am
I wash them in the washing machine using a normal sized laundry bag. That’s to protect them from other clothes/zippers. I wash everything on cold and I don’t put any of my cycling clothes in the dryer.
+1
And the lightest spin possible.. don't mind if they come out quite damp. Then carefully put them on a clothes rack to dry fully.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

ryanw
in the industry

by ryanw

@RTW

Looking for a new winter jacket (UK winters).

IJ.BONKA 6 CENTO

MILLE GT ULTRAZ WINTER JACKET

MILLE GT WINTER JACKET

Talk to me.......
SL8 S-Works Project Black - 6.29kg
IG: RhinosWorkshop

robertbb

by robertbb

Also looking at an IJ.BONKA 6 Cento. I wear a size I in the evo 7 baselayers (NS summer and SS spring/fall)... which fit me like a glove... what size should I be going for in the Bonka?

groover08

by groover08

I wear size II in the base layers, and XL in the Bonka Cento. 188cm, 99cm chest, 88kg.

ryanw
in the industry

by ryanw

I'm 6ft, 85kg, 40-42" chest but like my kit tight... You're a bit taller than me, so I'm probably a little more boxy, so XL should work.

I'm normally a large in jackets and M/L in jerseys (Rapha, Maap, BlackSheep).

guyc

by guyc

The Bonka is CRAZY warm so you won't need much under it.

ryanw
in the industry

by ryanw

I've just ordered a SkinFoil Spring/Fall s7 LS base layer. Think I'd need much more than that under it?

RTW
in the industry

by RTW

For me, the Bonka is used in weather where it is barely above freezing when you go out. I have used it in -6 degrees, but I would say unless it it below 5 degrees it is too warm. The Mille GT Winter Ultraz Jacket should be the same. I say should because the weather hasn't been cold enough for me to put that jacket on yet to ride it (it is a new design).

The Mille GT Winter Jacket would be my go to for anything between 5 degrees and 12 degrees.

guyc

by guyc

ryanw wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:56 am
I've just ordered a SkinFoil Spring/Fall s7 LS base layer. Think I'd need much more than that under it?
It'll depend on how hot you run. I run pretty warm and that jacket is almost too warm for anything but properly seriously cold (read icy roads) for me, and that's just with a Rapha LS merino underneath (similar in warmth to the skinfoil you've just ordered). I'm in Hampshire and it's rare that we get anything cold enough for a Bonka where I'd actually want to ride in it and stay upright.

This is a very good buy at the moment:

https://www.sigmasports.com/item/Assos/ ... acket/EISR

Extra 10% off that makes it £126.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ryanw
in the industry

by ryanw

RTW wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:04 am
For me, the Bonka is used in weather where it is barely above freezing when you go out. I have used it in -6 degrees, but I would say unless it it below 5 degrees it is too warm. The Mille GT Winter Ultraz Jacket should be the same. I say should because the weather hasn't been cold enough for me to put that jacket on yet to ride it (it is a new design).

The Mille GT Winter Jacket would be my go to for anything between 5 degrees and 12 degrees.
I'll pop into SigmaSports and try a few on. I run pretty hot, so maybe the Mille GT Winter Jacket will be enough...

Any big differences between the Bonka & Mille Ultraz?